Dark Sim Has Too High a Skillcap

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Title says it all. DS requires you to know what you’re opponent is going to do before he even does it. It’s something a good player can do but not something an average player like myself is capable of 100% of the time. Why not change it to something more noob-friendly?

Plus the spell already has limited use. Because DS doesn’t cancel the next incoming spell, it’s mandatory to have your trinket or AMS off cooldown to make the ability effective. You can copy the paladin’s stun (if you can guess when he’s going to use it) but even then you’ll have to wait out that 5 seconds to unleash his own spell back on him. It doesn’t seem right that I need another cooldown to make DS effective.

Edited by Valkyrii on 12/1/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Predicting incoming spells is major part of PVP, even now, Ie AMS Deathgrip a mage, becuase 99% of them will instantly aoe ice snare when Deathgripped. You have to know when to MF and when to strangulate, this is great for DK's btw. You can almost force a spell out because of our current cool downs, get a lock down to sub 30% and as your lichborne wears off, cast strangulate cause you know a Deathcoil is coming, then cast Dark Sim. Get a holy paly down to 30% cast strangulate, then cast Dark Sim, your very likely to wind up getting Divine Shield or a stun. Essentially you force their cool downs by using many of our current skills, and necrotic will force healers to use big heals. I love the meta game this spell introduces.

Raennie
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Spell reflect on warriors also says hi.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I agree, this easy class should be made easier.

This combined with the name is pretty funny.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
Usually the only people that do things you do not expect are noobs. Just tossin that out there.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree, this easy class should be made easier.

Your evidence against my post is overwhelming.

Predicting incoming spells is major part of PVP, even now, Ie AMS Deathgrip a mage, becuase 99% of them will instantly aoe ice snare when Deathgripped. You have to know when to MF and when to strangulate, this is great for DK's btw. You can almost force a spell out because of our current cool downs, get a lock down to sub 30% and as your lichborne wears off, cast strangulate cause you know a Deathcoil is coming, then cast Dark Sim. Get a holy paly down to 30% cast strangulate, then cast Dark Sim, your very likely to wind up getting Divine Shield or a stun. Essentially you force their cool downs by using many of our current skills, and necrotic will force healers to use big heals. I love the meta game this spell introduces.

Raennie

You activate AMS not because your predicting what the enemy is going to do before he does it but because it absorbs almost all spells. That is NOT subtle and that does not require the skill that DS requires.

Spell reflect on warriors also says hi.

Spell Reflect doesn't require that you know what your opponent is about to do like Dark Sim. Some warriors just pop Spell Reflect to help survive against a mob of enemy players, not because they skillfully saw that destro warlock casting Soulfire in the back.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
Reply Quote
30 Orc Shaman
Come play a hunter for a day if you want skillcap
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Spell Reflect doesn't require that you know what your opponent is about to do like Dark Sim.

It also doesn't guarantee you're going to reflect anything useful. See Wind Shear.

Some warriors just pop Spell Reflect to help survive against a mob of enemy players

LOL at this, you think 1 reflected spell is really going to make a difference against a mob of enemy players? Hint: the answer is no.

not because they skillfully saw that destro warlock casting Soulfire in the back.

Yes, all Warriors definitely just pop Spell Reflection on a whim. No Warrior actually thinks about when he's going to use it.

Reply Quote
96 Human Warlock
don't worry, I have to predict where to put my portal so I'll know when you'll be in range for me to teleport awDEATH GRIP!!!

*out of range*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
there are some dks that challenge the notion that it's a noob class played by bads.....

and then there are all the dks that reinforce that stereotype...
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
I logged in just to downrank his post.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
don't worry, I have to predict where to put my portal so I'll know when you'll be in range for me to teleport awDEATH GRIP!!!

*out of range*

What's even more fun is when they death grip you and you death coil them in the face point blank and then two shot them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]