Deathwing Watch - Stood in the fire

1 Night Elf Warrior
Well today I have been sitting in the same spot in Sundown Marsh in Wetlands for nearly 16 hours and NOTHING! And that is not counting the 5 or 6 hours a day I had been doing in the last few days. Im really getting discouraged :( Oh well... Guess I'll just have to hope he comes tommarow.

I've been camping Hunter Hill for an average of 10 hours a day since last Tuesday. Sit afk and go do something else, moving your mouse every 5-10 min or so.

Finally got burned.

So, just find a spot he's known to path and just be patient.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Does he hit Corin's Crossing in the Eastern Plaguelands? I couldn't find any confirmation in the old thread, so I'm sorry if I'm asking a FAQ.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Lightbringer 11/30/2010 Arathi 3:35:00 PM
Lightbringer 11/30/2010 Wetlands 12:30:00 AM 3 Hills S of Swiftgear
Lightbringer 12/1/2010 Blasted Lands 59, 30 12:05:00 PM Nethergarde Keep
Lightbringer 12/1/2010 Burning Steppes 17.8, 52.7 4:29:00 PM Near Altar of Storms / Outside of Flamestar Post
Lighbringer 12/2/2010 Tanaris 12:25:00 AM Gadgetzan

This is what I've got in my spreadsheet so far.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Somewhere I saw someone upset their hours of work was gone. I saved this. Is this what you were talking about?

Agamaggan - Southern Barrens
Akama - Eastern Plaguelands
Alexstrasza - Wetlands, Eastern Plaguelands, Blasted Lands
Altar of Storms - Eastern Plaguelands
Alterac Mountains - Southern Barrens
Anvilmar - outside Twilight Highlands... Wetlands?
Archimonde - Southern Barrens
Area 52 - Winterspring & Wetlands
Argent Dawn - Thousand Needles & Wetlands
Arygos - Burning Steppes
Azgalor - Southern Barrens & Northern Barrens & Hillsbrad & Arathi Highlands & Wetlands
Black Dragonflight - Stonetalon
Blackhand - Eastern Plaguelands & Wetlands
Bloodscalp - Wetlands
Boulderfist - Wetlands
Bronzebeard - Winterspring
Burning Blade - Eastern Plaguelands & Wetlands & Southern Barrens
Caelestrasz - Westfall
Cairne - Arathi Highlands
Cenarion Circle - Arathi Highlands
Cenarius - Blasted Lands
Cho'gall - Arathi Highlands
Chromaggus - Eastern Plaguelands
Dalaran - Wetlands
Darkspear - Burning Steppes
Draenor - Wetlands
Dragonmaw - Southern Barrens
Dreadmaul - Wetlands
Drenden - Wetlands & Thousand Needles & Blasted Lands
Eldre'Thalas - Western Plaguelands & Wetlands
Eldrethalas - Wetlands
Eonar - Wetlands
Eredar - Wetlands
Farstriders - Badlands & Western Plaguelands & Wetlands
Feathermoon - Southern Barrens
Frostmane - Arathi Highlands
Frostourne - Wetlands
Garona - Searing Gorge & Stonetalon
Garona - Wetlands
Garrosh - Blasted Lands
Gilneas - Eastern Plaguelands & Wetlands
Hellscream - Blasted Lands
Hydraxis - Wetlands & Stonetalon & Southern Barrens
Hyjal - Arathi Highlands & Wetlands
Icecrown - Wetlands & Tanaris & Southern Barrens
Kalecgos - Eastern Plaguelands & Wetlands
Kel'thuzad - Winterspring
Khadgar - Blasted Lands
Korialstrasz - Eastern Plaguelands
Lethon - Wetlands
Lightbringer - Wetlands & Tanaris & Southern Barrens & Winterspring & EPL & Blasted Lands & Burning Steppes & Badlands & Searing Gorge & Arathi
Lightning's Blade - Wetlands
Lightninghoof - Southern Barrens
Llane - Wetlands
Maelstrom - Wetlands
Malygos - Arathi Highlands
Moon Guard - Tanaris
Muradin - Wetlands
Nagrand - Southern Barrens
Proudmoore - Arathi Highlands & Wetlands
Quel'dorei - Eastern Plaguelands
Runetotem - Arathi Highlands & Wetlands & Southern Barrens
Sargeras - Southern Barrens & Wetlands
Saurfang - Wetlands
Shadow Council - Southern Barrens
Silvermoon - Tanaris
Stormrage - Tanaris & Wetlands
Stormscale - Southern Barrens
Terenas - Western Plaguelands & Wetlands & Blasted Lands
Terokkar - Tanaris
The Venture Co. - Eastern Plaguelands & Wetlands
Thrall - Wetlands
Turalyon - Wetlands
Undermine - Wetlands
Velen - Wetlands
Warsong - Wetlands
Ysera - Tanaris
Zul'Jin - Westfall & Eastern Plaguelands & Stonetalon & Tanaris & Wetlands
Edited by Kazsia on 12/2/2010 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Inbetween DC's i got hit at wetlands, and reicieved no achievement, Not sure if this is because i was DC'd or what,

But i most certainly logged back online dead

this was at about 3:45 server time

im going to put a ticket in, but i expect i wont get the achievement and it will be back to waiting for this incredibly stupid achievement to happen again

ohwell
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can add the Eastern Plaguelands and the Blasted Lands to that list above for Alexstrasza.
Edited by Lonarr on 12/2/2010 2:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Wetlands/Arathi/Eastern Plaguelands seem to be the hot spots. (Pun intended).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Anyone into fishing should stand in the Eastern Plaguelands on the north side of the Infectis Scar. That way you can fish for a .1% drop rate bloated redgill, a requirement of The Limnologist achievement. A nice way to use your time constructively while you wait for Deathwing.

(He will blast you on the north side, but dunno about the south).

Thanks for the tip.
Was doing some fishing in the Wetlands while I waited, at "the spot" southeast of the windmill. Trying for one of the rare catches for the Achievement. No luck yet, but I did catch a Bloated Catfish as well as a Darkwood Fishing Pole.

Been in the Wetlands for days now, can't seem to be on when he hits. =( Thinking about trying somewhere else...the scenery here is getting really old.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Shaman
Deathwing hit the Wetlands on the Deathwing server just after 5:00 server time(4:00 PST)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Xian and whoever else is posting lists, we all appreciate your list of known spots. But try and edit the zone locations with some details and possible coordinates as people continue to give information. As for everyone here posting locations we need what area of the zone you were when you got attacked. As many people know, Deathwing does NOT attack the entire zone when he appears. He has a designated flight path (possibly more than 1 but none the less designated) for a zone and he follows that path (or paths) then despawns.

I saw him at Arathi Highlands south of Hammerfall and he flew west and looks like he despawned west of Refuge Point. I was on my way to Hammerfall to head to the known camp spot which is 40, 66 (Right next to Fozruk) to afk while I was making dinner and I saw him spawn. Sadly I was on flight and it was already close to Hammerfall when he spawed so I did not get it.

Deathwing also attacks Tanaris and if you are in Gadgetzan you will get hit. I missed him there by mins because I flew to Gadgetzan to get Noggenfoggers and I saw dead people not rezzing and general chat was "OMG DEATHWING". I've read that he flies down as far as the Dunemaul compound.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Was killed by deathwing in EPL, on north side of Infectis Scar.

Was alt-tabbed out, had the <Away> tag, and recieved no achievement credit.

Put in a ticket, but GMs typically do not reward achievements through a ticket, so who knows. What a righteous waste of hours.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Somewhere I saw someone upset their hours of work was gone. I saved this. Is this what you were talking about?

Oh. My. God. Thank you SO MUCH for saving that! Yes, that's EXACTLY what I was talking about!! =D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I just logged in to find myself dead after letting myself /afk log last night! Hooray!

Server: Hydraxis
Time: between roughly 12:45 and 1:15 server (1:45-2:15 Eastern)

FIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!! Keep it up guys, I've been waiting for 4 days and was on for nearly 24 hours yesterday. It pays off~!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Was killed by deathwing in EPL, on north side of Infectis Scar.

Was alt-tabbed out, had the <Away> tag, and recieved no achievement credit.

Put in a ticket, but GMs typically do not reward achievements through a ticket, so who knows. What a righteous waste of hours.

according to my gm i was 1 shot or killed very quickly by mobs in wetlands

to proove a point, that this isnt possible, ive been allowing a level 23 crocolisk beat on me for the good part of 2 hours, i dont expect the achievement, but im still going to keep petitioning it
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I don't mean to Mr. Party Poopy Pants but posting times and locations is very irrelevant. It's akin to saying "Hey I got this rare drop on my 9th kill."

It's only useful in saying "This is when and where he struck me on my server." It isn't going to help anyone plan or gain an advantage to accomplishing the achievement.

Deathwing hits zone randomly and without rhyme or reason.

This may be why the old post was removed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I don't mean to Mr. Party Poopy Pants but posting times and locations is very irrelevant. It's akin to saying "Hey I got this rare drop on my 9th kill."

It's only useful in saying "This is when and where he struck me on my server." It isn't going to help anyone plan or gain an advantage to accomplishing the achievement.

To be frank, this whole thread is the reason I GOT my achievement. Without it, I would never have been able to narrow down which zones he hits and which he didn't on my own. Times may be irrelevant, but the locations are quite useful. Thanks for your input, but I respectfully disagree.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

I disagree. There are patterns. He has favorite zones, and even tends to gravitate towards the 5 and 15's of the hour. He likes to fly E-W in a zone, with the exception of Barrens/Tanaris and he has favorite areas in each zone that he likes to hit. This thread is incredibly helpful. And as I stated previously, had I not queued out for a dungeon to help the boyfriend, I would have had the achievement. Bad timing. I'd been waiting in Wetlands for 4 hrs, and missed it by thirty seconds. I wouldn't have known where to wait, had it not been for the thread.
Edited by Kazsia on 12/2/2010 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
"Deathwing lit up X zone on Y server at Z time" is not terribly useful, because it in no way helps anyone predict when and where he will strike on their own server.

"I got killed by Deathwing at X location in Y zone" is useful, because it allows people to piece together through which zones he passes, and what his path through those zones is.

Personally, I was killed at Gadgetzan in Tanaris. From what I can tell, he cuts a straight path from Gadgetzan down to Uldum, incinerating everything in between. Gadgetzan seems to be a pretty good afk spot for the zone, since the guards that hit for like 10k will (somewhat) shield you from being ganked while afk.
Edited by Sumati on 12/2/2010 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Also, I've started a spreadsheet of times/locations/etc, in case we lose the thread again. Anywho, off to work. Good luck guys.

Edit: I believe it's viewable but not editable.
Am I allowed to link the spreadsheet?
Edited by Kazsia on 12/2/2010 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
I just saw him in Arathi Highlands at around 1:28 EST on Eonar server. Missed him by a few seconds when he flew near Refuge Point and Stromgarde.

I also saw him in Hinterlands a couple days ago, but I forgot where exactly I was--I was somewhere in the center of the map, on the road. Also, a guildmate got the achievement in Stonetalon Mountains. All on Eonar
Edited by Sunë on 12/2/2010 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]