Deathwing Watch - Stood in the fire

85 Troll Warrior
Yeah, I was there when he hit EPL on Burning Blade @ 2:02 am (EST).
Got my death @ Eastwall Tower (60, 44); came from the northeast and continued into Corin's Crossing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Yeah, I was there when he hit EPL on Burning Blade @ 2:02 am (EST).
Got my death @ Eastwall Tower (60, 44); came from the northeast and continued into Corin's Crossing.

gah! the dumb thing is I'd have gotten a couple of days ago but I left Wetlands to quest and he attacked while I was gone.
Edited by Elliora on 12/3/2010 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
From everything I've heard on this board and elsewhere, it seems like EPL is the most hit spot.

I sat at Arathi Highlands for a day straight and didn't see him, so I'm switching to EPL now so I can at least fish.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Echo Isles - 12:17 AM PST
Arathi Highlands

My wife and I live in EST, so it was getting late (or early based on perception; 3 AM) I knew I wanted to wait until a little past the hour as I've never seen an "exact" time reported. The plan was to log out at 12:05. After stalling for another 10 minutes and saying ot my wife, "You know, the hardest part of logging out, is NOT knowing if Deathwing did show up 10 minutes later". As I proceed to log out in the Arathi Highlands (44,66)...my wife says, "There he is!". I look up and she ends with, "Just kidding". /sigh

The count down to log continues....7, 6, 5....then the sky goes dark in an instant, I mean FAST, really fast....I hesitate...what? "Is this a new log out thing?", I think to myself....4,3...CANCEL!!!! CANCEL!!!! CANCEL THE LOG!!!! I save myself from the log, and we both stand completely still to bask in the warm glow of Deathwings molten love. We both confirm the achievement, turn and smile to each other.

It's over...it's finally finally over!
Edited by Becken on 12/3/2010 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Does anyone know for certain how long this achievement will be available? The original blue post about it on the old forum implied, but did not outright state, that Deathwing would be flying around burninating the countryside until he was killed. Some people seem to think he'll stop when Cata is released, others think he'll stick around after the release until his raid comes out, or until his first realm death in the raid, but I have not seen anything definitive from a blue poster. Anyone know any details, for sure?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Zangarmarsh - 1:40 a.m. Server
Hunter's Hill, S. Barrens

Camped on-and-off for three days. He also roars when he enters the zone, as well as the sky going red.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Realm - Madoran
zone - EPL, just north of Infectis Scar
Time - 2am server time
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Proudmore - 1:15ish server

Wetlands

Just would like to point out it seems like most of the Deathwing is hitting zones in the 1am-3am time zone, or at least has been hitting proudmore recently about that time, anyone else notice this?
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
Because of the time investment involved, typically about 3-6 days of camping and twiddling thumbs, when Stood in fire becomes a FoS it would be cool if it also awarded a title. I'm thinking of something like "the Crispy".

Azagthoth the Crispy....yeah I like it...

a few other possibilities:

Azagthoth the Toasty
Azagthoth the Well Done
Azagthoth the Blackened
Azagthoth the Charred

or even a specialized title that can be set where your guild name normally is.

Azagthoth
<Aspect of Charcoal>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I can confirm that setting your hearthstone to Swiftgear Station does work, if your server's deathwing channel is on the ball. Just got it on my alt maybe 15 minutes ago

Server: Proudmoore
Time: 3 Dec 1:15am
Zone: Wetlands

Someone in our deathwing channel called it out, I hearthed, ran outside the inn and barely made it with about 5s to spare.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Server:Alexstrasza
Location: Wetlands (the gnoll camp with the 3 hills near the graveyard)
Time: 4:45am EST

Finally!!! I've camped this area for 5 days, and I had completely given up getting it here. I was going to move somewhere else this morning, but I was stalling.

I can't confirmed this, but it does seem to me that his randomness isn't completely random. He seems to be in a gigantic fp of his own moving up and down the continents. His randomness is whether or not he will show up in your zone during his fp over your zone.

What I've seen on Alexstrasza:

Eastern and Western Plaguelands: 8pm-12am EST
Wetlands: 1am-5am EST
Blasted Lands: 2pm-6pm EST

I can't fill in the gaps, and yes, that is a huge window, but it is perhaps something to think about for anyone still trying to get this achievement. It was also something that I thought about while camping for hours on end when there was nothing else to think about.

Good luck everyone.
Edited by Lonarr on 12/3/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Don't have a time, but:
Server: Runetotem
Guildie got it there yesterday. Saw Stonetalon wasn't on the list.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Server: The Underbog
Time: 5:50am EST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Server:Alexstrasza
Time: 4:45am EST.

What did I do to deserve this? Why did I have to log out 2 hours early? It's official I am leaving Wetlands! I'll either go to EPL or Blasted Lands and even then only when I'm not doing anything else! Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I got hit six times already whilst doing my loremasters.

Twice in both Plaguelands and three times in Arathi Highlands.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Just curious about this, how long do you have from when you see the sky turning red, does he usually turn up? (Or, should I say, does the sky stay red for some time after he's been). Been in southern barrens on our server for about 20 minutes already and nothing has currently happened, and all the NPC's etc were still alive.
Edited by Neuter on 12/3/2010 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Just curious about this, how long do you have from when you see the sky turning red, does he usually turn up? Been in southern barrens on our server for about 20 minutes already and nothing has currently happened, and all the NPC's etc were still alive.

It's very, very quick. The sky gets dark for a few seconds, then there he is, swooping by, then he's gone. The whole things takes about 30 seconds, max, and then it's over.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I got hit six times already whilst doing my loremasters.

Twice in both Plaguelands and three times in Arathi Highlands.

I hate you.

=D

I saw him once, but was too far away to get burninated.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
I was hit while in Corin's Crossing, Antonidas server. I believe it was around 7 pm server time.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, it appears our server had a false alarm. The sky's been red for over an hour now :/

Back to searching!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]