How am I supposed to create pressure

1 Dwarf Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/irXrF.jpg

When my shots are so pitiful troll regen would almost rival its damage with healing.

This is with wrathful bow and 4653 RAP specced survival.

Is this going to get any better at 85?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are you naked?

I've seen hunters get lots of kills in bg's even in 4.0.3. Maybe some of them are doing something right? I my recollection, hunter damage is higher than than, but it's nothing spectacular still.

Well, assuming people's damage is balanced around doing the same amount of damage in PVE at 85, there is no way a hunter could do decent pve damage with damage such as this, which leads me to presume it does get better.

Oh, btw, how's explosive shot?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What are you attacking? a resil stack druid in bear form (me?)
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
What are you attacking? a resil stack druid in bear form (me?)

Ele sham
Edited by Slowmotionx on 12/2/2010 12:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
Definitely not a level 80 hunter. I'm gussing around level 60 or less.

No that is a level 80 hunter my friend, I can log on and fraps the damage if you want.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Steady Shot won't be a factor for you as SV, because you'll use Cobra instead. That shot, along with Arcane, Serpent Sting, Black Arrow and Explosive Shot (three of which you left out of your screenshots for some reason) will scale with your mastery, which you apparently don't have in your level 80 gear.

EDIT: Also, to answer the thread title, you probably won't ever create pressure with unhealable burst anymore. Instead, it will be like a boxing match, where you weaken your opponent with shots, and then line up a string of damage that kills them in a wounded state.

Note that I am not saying that this is easy or even possible to do, just that the Cata PvP design is supposed to be pushing us that way.
Edited by Lorelei on 12/1/2010 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter

Steady Shot won't be a factor for you as SV, because you'll use Cobra instead. That shot, along with Arcane, Serpent Sting, Black Arrow and Explosive Shot (three of which you left out of your screenshots for some reason) will scale with your mastery, which you apparently don't have in your level 80 gear.

I have mastery on almost every piece.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Maybe you're bugged or something then, or your ele shaman target had max resilience, was specced elemental warding (12% less magic damage), and had gyphed elemental mastery up (20% less damage from all sources). I say that because my arcane shots hit harder than that and they don't even scale from my mastery.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter

Maybe you're bugged or something then, or your ele shaman target had max resilience, was specced elemental warding (12% less magic damage), and had gyphed elemental mastery up (20% less damage from all sources). I say that because my arcane shots hit harder than that and they don't even scale from my mastery.

The shaman was in full resillience yes, that is the point, how am I supposed to kill anything when my shots are doing 500 damage.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
That looks like the laughable 4.01 damage, not what I'm seeing out of hunters now.

Tell that to my hunter
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That looks like the laughable 4.01 damage, not what I'm seeing out of hunters now.

Tell that to my hunter

Pretty good damage for a lvl1 hunter IMO.

Post your on your main (or the toon in the image) and lets see your epic gears.....

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
This is the actual damage of auto shots and steady shots. I wear full PVE gear and I hit for something like that as well, on pvp target
Edited by Boemio on 12/1/2010 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is the actual damage of auto shots and steady shots. I wear full PVE gear and I hit for something like that as well, on pvp target

Is your PvE damage way down as well? I haven't raided much since 4.0

Moo
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter

I didn't post on my main for the exact reason that I knew non hunters weren't aware of how low our PvP damage actually was.

I was right in my assumption that people saying hunters are fine don't even know how little damage we do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I didn't post on my main for the exact reason that I knew non hunters weren't aware of how low our PvP damage actually was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I was right in my assumption that people saying hunters are fine don't even know how little damage we do.

Yeah that makes no sense to me.

You blacked out the players names so I can't armory. You post on a lvl 1 alt. This actually leads me to believe this is the damage coming from a lvl 70 hunter. Not a lvl 80 hunter. Also, since you blacked out the "enemy's" name, I have to assume it's a lvl 88 "raid boss" target dummy.

Your logic <--- It doesn't exist....

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
You really do need to prove your level and you also need to show the target you are attacking as well as your gear level otherwise this little screenshot you have is utterly worthless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]