How am I supposed to create pressure

This is about what I hit for on a resil target, I actually hit for slightly less since my gear isn't that great.

I can fraps it since the OP obviously isn't going to provide proof.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Has PvE damage gone way down for hunters as well? I just can't tell if this is a legit post or if I am being trolled :-/

Moo
Reply Quote
Has PvE damage gone way down for hunters as well? I just can't tell if this is a legit post or if I am being trolled :-/

Moo

PvE damage is fine, at least for me PvP is another story however, the lack of focus and the difficulty of getting a steady shot off and the shear uselessness of steady shot damage makes us easily the worst PvP class in the game at the moment.

I am hoping 85 fixes it :(

*edit* PvE damage is fine in the sense that I am only slightly lower then I was pre patch.
Edited by Esoterik on 12/1/2010 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
You really do need to prove your level and you also need to show the target you are attacking as well as your gear level otherwise this little screenshot you have is utterly worthless.

Basically this, we have no idea what buffs/debuffs both you and the target have, Prot Pally in the area w/ Divine Guardian, Pain Suppression, PW: Barrier etc......

Nice try though, but 1 easily manipulated example does not constitute insta buffs for an entire class.
Reply Quote
You really do need to prove your level and you also need to show the target you are attacking as well as your gear level otherwise this little screenshot you have is utterly worthless.

Basically this, we have no idea what buffs/debuffs both you and the target have, Prot Pally in the area w/ Divine Guardian, Pain Suppression, PW: Barrier etc......

Nice try though, but 1 easily manipulated example does not constitute insta buffs for an entire class.

I can recreate these numbers easily if you want. It really is what hunters hit PvP targets for.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

I can recreate these numbers easily if you want. It really is what hunters hit PvP targets for.

I can't see how there would be such a HUGE difference in PvP damage, and yet so little in PvE damage....

So yes, make your vid (showing your gear), cause this is kinda suspicious....

Moo
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The shaman was in full resillience yes, that is the point, how am I supposed to kill anything when my shots are doing 500 damage.

And my point was that the shaman might have had extra mitigation from other sources that other pvp targets wouldn't have, and you only showed the damage you were doing from two shots. You left out several other sources of damage, including explosive shot, which is the hardest hitting hunter ability in the entire game right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hunters still do damage in pvp? This is news to me.
Reply Quote
Video inc even got my shaman buddy to simulate OP
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
You need to use steady and cobra shot to do sizable pressure in PVP.

This is intended. This is a balanced design. You just need aspect of the fox so you can do it on the move.

Most other casters that dont need to ever cast are broken by comparison. But the design behind hunters needs no change : youre resource starved if you dont steady / cobra. Thats good, it gives you something that good hunters stand out from bad ones in pvp.
Edited by Korvox on 12/1/2010 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

This is intended. This is a balanced design. You just need aspect of the fox so you can do it on the move.

Most other casters that dont need to ever cast are broken by comparison. But the design behind hunters needs no change : youre resource starved if you dont steady / cobra. Thats good, it gives you something that good hunters stand out from bad ones in pvp.

Just watch me turret someone and still not get them below 90% when I upload this video.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
yep is the damage of steady on a 1200-1500 resil target.

and yeah we have arcane, explosive OR chimera...

BUT WE MUST HAVE TO USE THE STUPID STEADY ¬¬
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid

Please do. ;)
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Druid

By your logic if I cast SS I am a good Hunter?

/facepalm

Also from now on, only Backstab regens your energy and its cast time is 2 seconds. Now we are even.
Edited by Rahjide on 12/1/2010 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry video is inc, youtube is being slow so I had to make the video smaller. I wonder if I should just start a new thread to avoid the first page of garbage.
Reply Quote
I think your video with narrative of your point merits a separate thread so people can focus on the topic.

Ya its being a pain to properly export seeing as I haven't done this in years and don't really remember the trick to getting good quality with low file size :X
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
This is about what I hit for on a resil target, I actually hit for slightly less since my gear isn't that great.

I can fraps it since the OP obviously isn't going to provide proof.

ummm...

You didn't realize that the forum ignore feature ignores an entire account no matter what character you post on did you?

Why was it so hard to post on that character in the first place rather than coming in later to back up the "OP" with false confirmation? It's clear going over your profile that 90% of what you said was just a blatant lie(besides being relentless mainset wrathful offset -- zero mastery reforge on those though). In the future don't try to skew the "facts" to prove a point.

Quit your BS. We need less people like you in this community.
Edited by Ouchilicious on 12/2/2010 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]