Please Revert Light of Dawn

81 Blood Elf Paladin
With the current state of Frost Mages, I am forced to Divine Shield in a single Deep Freeze/Frost Bolt/Ice lance/Blanket Counterspell rotation. My only hope in surviving a second round of this torment was through the usage of the old Light of Dawn. The old Light of Dawn worked as a spell which I could cast despite being silenced, without the dependence of holy power. Perhaps a raised mana cost would be appropriate, or even the ability to still cast it while silenced would be a great improvement to its current form.

I loved having the old Light of Dawn to my holy spell arsenal, but now I find very little use of it and quite hard to build up holy power for.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly im loving the new light of dawn yeah it kinda sucks in pvp now but its awsome in raids :D

not much of a pvper, but I found the previous version of LoD almost forgettable in raids, I absolutely love the new version. it is our only reliable multiple target heal, aside from BoL use.
Reply Quote
1. Blizz doesn't balance PvP around 1v1.
2. You want to take an AoE heal and center it around being a self-heal that's usable while silenced? That's not even close to what LoD was designed for.
3. If LoD were changed in the way you're proposing, it would be effectively gutted for PvE.
4. lol.

If any single DPS can take down a healer, then what is the use of being a healer?

The point is survival for a healer, take that away and you get zero healers for good reason.

Saying do not balance for 1vs1 is pretty stupid any way you look at it, it means Blizzard failure.

1. keeping your partner up so that you can kill the other guy for you.

2. The point for a healer is to heal. Surviving stuff no one else can is a tanks job. Also similarly i could say the point of being a dps is to kill stuff. Why bring a dps if they cant kill another player.

3. No, its means that a game designed around team work requires teamwork. If you want 1 vs 1 you should play Streetfighter or mortal combat, not an mmo.
Edited by Vaydra on 12/1/2010 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
1. Blizz doesn't balance PvP around 1v1.
2. You want to take an AoE heal and center it around being a self-heal that's usable while silenced? That's not even close to what LoD was designed for.
3. If LoD were changed in the way you're proposing, it would be effectively gutted for PvE.
4. lol.

If any single DPS can take down a healer, then what is the use of being a healer?

The point is survival for a healer, take that away and you get zero healers for good reason.

Saying do not balance for 1vs1 is pretty stupid any way you look at it, it means Blizzard failure.

Stop putting words in people's mouths, that isn't what they said. What you're asking of LoD is absurd, try not sucking for a change.

I'm sorry that holy was overpowered until the latest patch, but just because they nerfed it back down to a reasonable level doesn't mean that you can whine about a broken mechanic when it was taken away from you.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
zomg non max level 1v1 PvP

that's what group heals should be balanced for.

(hint: higher health pools at 85)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Lets be honest here when heals are less then half of DPS damage then what is the point of trying to heal?

Bigger health pools do not mean crap in this environment.

This is like using a garden hose to put out a fire needing a fire hose.

Now add in CC and you have a healing PVP disaster.

Then stop healing in pvp. Sheesh.

If something sucks and everyone stops doing it, it'll get changed. Anyone remember the alliance boycott of AV?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]