Well placed rage at ret 4.0.3

85 Human Paladin
I'm pretty disgusted with the changes to ret in 4.0.3. Ret can't even compete with other hybrid classes no matter how hard we try, in this post I will go over the PvE dps drop This isnt a rage post about loosing 5-7k dps because that's not going to be relative when cata comes, this is a rage post about loosing pretty much 20% of the damage a ret paladin can generate wtihout there being any adequate compensation from other abilities
there was a 50% nerf to CS, making CS do from 195% of wep damage to 149% that wasn't in any patch notes that I found and because of that nerf, CS went from being 26% of my total damage to 12%, so theres 14% damage out the window.
Next thing is the Censure dot nerf. Now it was already bad enough that we had to stack seal of truth 5 times with a slow weapon in order to full damage with judgments and melee attacks, and it was even worse that we have to reapply stacks in a high movement fight several times, but nerfing something thats already a challenge to use effectively was pretty unnecessary. in 4.0.1 the censure dot alone made up 16% of every ret paladins total damage, 20% if they were speced into seals of the pure, but now its dropped to 10% average in mine, and every ret paladins that i have seen. Blizzard has pretty much ruined the only 2 stable parts of the damage ret generates and pretty much killed it so hard that it died to death.
and for those of you that have noticed that exo now hits 50% harder and for the people that think that it'll compensate for the 20% damage loss, i want you to take a good look at the paladin talent the art of war. next i want you to take the time to notice that its only a 20% chance on an auto attack, which means increasing damage on a proc isnt really going to increase any dps at all. I tried in a zerg fight to see what would happen if i hit exo everytime AoW was up and i only ended up hitting it about 20 times also in doing this. vs where i can hit CS 60-70 times in a fight, and TV 40 or so times and from there only made 14% of my damage which is only 4% more of what it used to be, also in doing this i sacrificed holy power by hitting exo over CS and the overall damage that TV did died dropping 6% going from 30% to 24% and making CS go from 12% to 10%. overall when a proper rotation was executed exo still stood at around 10% of the total damage done just like it did in 4.0.1 so the 50% damage increase really only helped shockadins in pvp.
So right now we are looking at a 20% damage nerf from from CS and Censure without any sort of damage increase to any stable part of ret dps.
Edited by Blackorean on 12/1/2010 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Notice how theses changes are scaled for level 85, not 80 damage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
regardless of scale, its still a 20% damage done nerf that inquisition wont fix since CS is dead and judgement hits like a limp noodle. and exo is hit 10 times or less a boss fight.
Edited by Blackorean on 12/1/2010 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

^^This

But i have noticed all melee dps hitting less and ranged are just out of control. however Cata is around the corner and i'm sure things will be balanced at 85 when we are all in 85 raiding gear not ICC gear.

Same thing happens every expansion

Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
145% is 75% of 195%, not 50%. A 50% nerf would mean you cut the damage in half. It was reduced by one quarter.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
its actually 149%, I'm implying that pretty much 50% of the weapon damage caused by cs subtracted from 195% was taken out
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I just have to say that whenever I read anyone saying this it really says in my head "I hope it's better at 85, but I really have no clue. Here's hoping."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I just have to say that whenever I read anyone saying this it really says in my head "I hope it's better at 85, but I really have no clue. Here's hoping."

Well my head goes "Ahhh someone with hope that was brutally crushed out of me 2 years ago.'
:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]