Loque'nahak

88 Night Elf Hunter
I've been camping/patrolling Loque'nahak for two days in the basin with no luck (well actually i did find Aotona but i didn't really want it). Can anyone post the time/place where they found it and provide any additional information?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Go to Curse.com there is a nice add-on called NPC Scan. In the background, it scans for rare NPCs and alerts you when they find one. Click the alert and the rare NPC is targeted. I've found 2 so far in as many days.

It also highlights where these rare NPCs are found on your mini map.

However, Loque'nahak is the one rare NPC that causes issues with NPC scan. In any case, this add-on should be very helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Go to Curse.com there is a nice add-on called NPC Scan. In the background, it scans for rare NPCs and alerts you when they find one. Click the alert and the rare NPC is targeted. I've found 2 so far in as many days.

It also highlights where these rare NPCs are found on your mini map.

However, Loque'nahak is the one rare NPC that causes issues with NPC scan. In any case, this add-on should be very helpful.

The problem lays within other hunters: if you have NPCScan and you go by a hunter with Loque as a pet, not only will NPCS signal you for it, but it will also mark it as 'targeted and defeated'.

A player would have to reset their Cache in their WoW folders every time this happens. Note: It's not just Loque, but any rare that a hunter can tame.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
Yea I already have NPC scan and was aware of the hunter pet situation. On day three now and I'm just looking for any lead I can get. Some websites say that the rares spawn near the same time every day +/- 30 minutes, which is why I was wondering if anyone had a time.

@Khad: What are these issues with npc scan...does Loque sometime not activate it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Most rares have a timer for their spawns, but that timer does not start until the last time it was killed/tamed. In the case of an NPC with multiple spawn locations, it can spawn at any of those locations when the timer runs out.

For example, Arcturis, who only has one spawn location (Just north of Amberpine Lodge in Grizzly Hills has a 22 hour spawn. It spawned within 15 minutes of that 22 hour mark when I camped for it on my hunter.

With a mob like Loque, who has seven possible spawn locations, you're far less likely to catch it while it's alive or untamed. Your best bet is to try at off-peak hours. I tamed it at 4:00 am server or so when I got it. It also seems that it's most commonly found near the monkey spawn locations, or above Pitch by the crystal..

The only "issue" with Loque and NPCScan is the hunter tamed-pet issue. A lot of hunters just seem to have it, so you're fairly likely to see it and need to clear your cache. Flying to Sholazar before you log out and clear your cache fixes this most of the time, unless someone's being rude and pulling out Sholazar rare pets near you as you fly around. (Happened to me once when I was looking for Loque, alert popped up, NPC was nowhere to be found, I just assumed it was a terrain hacking miner.)
Edited by Xirai on 12/3/2010 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I found my Loque'nahak to the northwest, next to the waterfall where you would find Shango, just on the opposite side. I don't remember the time or date tamed, though.

About NPCScan, the cache folder is very annoying to delete constantly, but it can be helpful if you want to keep track of pets you've already obtained by summoning them, causing them to be chached. I have used NPCScan to get Loque'nahak, Skoll, Gondria (with help from a random player kind enough to /whisper me about its appearance), Ghostcrawler, Arcturis, and Karoma.

You might have found one by now, seeing how I am posting this around a year after you did, but I hope this helps if you haven't found it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I find it quite hilarious that I found and caught the Time-Lost Proto Drake and I still have not even seen Loque on my server.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DON'T YOU FEEL SPECIAL? NECROING A THREAD AND ALL THAT FUN STUFF.

DIRTY SCOURGE.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Gamon, he caught the time lost proto drake.
He can necro any thread he would like!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks for the help i was able to tame him with the help of the addon :D!
Edited by Xdshoteed on 12/25/2011 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Haha. Ive got all the spirit beasts now so i am a proffesonal hunter
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Loque'nahak tamed at 1:30 a.m. server time on Malfurion. 1/3/12
Edited by Daldielorn on 1/3/2012 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
For me he's right above the lake in the top left corner is where i found him with npc scan while i was herbing
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I found this mob by dropping a bucket of chicken on the floor then looked at my screen and boom. IT HAS BEEN SLAIN!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
on my hunter i have been camping him for 6 days now and no luck, any tips or does anyone know how long his spawn timer is....
Reply Quote
22 Human Warlock
I got him at about 12 server yesterday... your not camping hard enough
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Death Knight
Hey all, I just got Loque'Nahak my 2nd time on my main same spot both times... Right next to "The Skyreach Pillar" i hope that this was helpful... its seems like thats it most Pop. Place if not Idk lol... Bye ~Sìll
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Got him earlier today around 3ish just below Nessingwary Base Camp ^^

I just checked when I logged in and before I logged off, easiest way to do it imo.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
i go him muahahahahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]