Long time Ret goes Prot . . .

80 Human Paladin
. . . and is loving it

I like the burst better, feels more controlled

I LOVE avengers shield

My survivability feels much higher, I know I am just doing meaningless random BG a week before an expansion but prot just feels much more polished than ret.

and it is more fun

now I just need to race change Tauren
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a testament to how average the ret playing experience is right now in performance and gameplay.

Been ret since before Kara, but the lure is pretty strong at the moment. Holy power works WAY better for prot and holy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
support role with reliable sniping cooldown is Ret now
if you dont like to support your team in rated BG dont play ret which you seem to alredy have decided ^.^

Ret...support...ha. Ha.

Ha.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Mage
I recently specced holy on my paladin in the 60-70s bracket and it seemed to surprise people when my pally could 3-4 shot people with exorcism while tossing out heals via holy shock and WoG.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Druid
prot is one of the most streamlined specs atm. lovin it as well.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
i played prot before prot was cool. its nice that i dont run out of mana anymore =]
i can actually use all my abilities and still have mana at the end of the fight!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
if you dont like to support your team in rated BG dont play ret which you seem to alredy have decided ^.^

I'm guessing you haven't queued since 4.0.1. Prot fills the role you described much better than Ret and has 10x the survivability (and it hits harder).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

lets look at ret support

Hand of Freedom = prot and Holy have it
Hand of Sacrifice = prot and holy have it
Hand of Protection = prot and holy have it
Cleanse = high mana cost and priority on self mobility means less chance it will ever be cast on teammate, oh and prot and holy have it . . . and holy's cleanses magic debuff
WoG = prot and holy have it
Flash/Holy/Divine Light= prot and holy have it

so what makes ret more of a support role than prot or holy?
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
+2 for prot -1 for holy cow... so you get +1
Reply Quote

so what makes ret more of a support role than prot or holy?

While the enemy is beating on you, your teammate is free to complete objectives.

Ah, but prot does even that better - it's harder to kill, and thus keeps them tied up longer.
Edited by Sharrow on 12/2/2010 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
enjoy it while you can boys and girls, because prot is more horrible then ret at 85.
Reply Quote

Nobody attacks the protection paladin unless they have mental problems.

You always hit the squishier target first.

I find a great many players will go for me after the AS, melee, HoJ, Shield of Righteousness sequence, assuming they're still alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]