cata starting zone choice

85 Draenei Shaman
When I got my beta invite several months back, I knew that it was gonna be a bit of a waste since I knew I wasn't going to do much testing. I didn't want to spoil the expansion too much.

While I was there though, I decided to take a peek at the two starting zones, Hyjal and Vashj'ir. I noticed that Hyjal appealed a lot to Druids since the Guardians of Hyjal are basically druids while Vashj'ir appealed to Shamans because of the Earthen Ring presence there.

I thought to myself that since I have two mains on different servers, one being a shaman and one being a druid, I was going to do a little RP-ing and make my druid go to Hyjal first while my shaman to Vashj'ir first. It's as if my characters have a duty to their fellow druids/shamans.

Any other shamans going to Vashj'ir first for this reason?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nope. I'm going straight to Hyjal. I enjoy that zone much more than I did Vashj'ir when I was in Beta. Not to mention I want to avoid what was a HUUUUGE quest choke point in Vashj'ir just in case they didn't change it. I submitted feedback for it but I never went back to check.

Besides, Molten Core bosses make cameos in Mount Hyjal. I <3 them.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have a feeling that all the grade school kids will be rushing for the new underwater zone, which makes choosing "older" content an easy choice. :) I have alts that will eventually see each new zone.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I'll be doing Vashj'ir to avoid the masses, everyone will be flocking to Hyjal.

Then again i'll be online the second the servers go up so it might not be that big of an issue.
Reply Quote
75 Troll Hunter
I don't really care, I'll probably end up doing both. I'm making a goblin character so by the time I reach 78 or 80, the patch madness should be over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]