Pally Skirt

85 Human Paladin
How can they make plate armor into a skirt anyway? If it is plate (a solid, hard shell), wouldn't it be a metal cone, expanding from the waist? Robes or skirts do not equal plate. Plate is supposed to be hard to move in, and involve mostly immobile parts, not pliable and flowing.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Tier 11 makes us look like birds....why blizz!?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I am NOT tanking in one. I'll heal in it, but never tank in it. I'd rather have off-set gear.

Why do people keep posting this? What the hell difference do the pants model make when you're tanking?

Answer: None. This is not debatable.

WTB more skirts to hide my silly looking goat legs.

Because male human paladins look absolutely awful in a skirt except when healing. The dodge and parry animations are really dumb in one. Plate leggings offer more mobility than a plated skirt, and a skirt/long kilt can catch on stuff like a claw. It's for RP reasons, of course it makes no actual difference in game mechanics.

I'm gay, and I still wouldn't wear that thing while tanking.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

It looks good if you uncheck your "Show Helm" box in your interface options. Basically, only the helm looks awful. Everything else is good.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Tier 10 uses "leggings" texture on a "skirt" model. Bleh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

It looks good if you uncheck your "Show Helm" box in your interface options. Basically, only the helm looks awful. Everything else is good.

The helm looks like someone glued frozen vomit to your face. No offense intended to the blizzard art team, but that's just my initial impression.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
While I've enjoyed the unique look of the paladin skirts, I also like tabards, and tabards look awful with skirts. So I'm looking forward to having a decent pair of pants again soon.
Reply Quote
I like the skirt.
Reply Quote
T2 was the high point. After that we had interesting gear (except maybe the Power Ranger look) but T2 was, and has been the high point of any Pally look. Warrior Monk... it was sexy and perfect.
Reply Quote
17 Human Paladin
Blizz! Bring back the pally skirt! I loved the look of Judgement and Lightsworn. It's what made our armor different from the rest of the plate classes.

Anyone agree with me or just think I have wierd taste in gear?

I don't think it's very paladin looking. Looks more like cloth IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like pants. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
After watching Braveheart and men in kilts.... I'd be down for this!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll say the same thing I've told several others:

It's not a skirt, it's a battle kilt!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Moar skirts!

I love my t10 pants!

And for those who complain about plate not being able to be made in a skirt...think of it as chainmail if you must! Or just accept that this is fantasy and things don't necessarily always have to make perfect sense. ^-^
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'll say the same thing I've told several others:

It's not a skirt, it's a battle kilt!

Exactly what I tell everyone.

I love kilts and tiers that have em since T2
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I think paladins should get their dress back as they are girls and it suits them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I detest the plate skirt. I want it NO MORE! Been wearing it for far too long.

It makes my tabard look stupid.
It doesn't make sense as to why anyone would want to fight in a plate skirt. PLATE SKIRT! It just does not sound efficient.

I've been looking forward to Cataclysm in that I could wear pants once again. Thank goodness.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with this post, a nice breeze down there is quite refreshing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]