Disc at 85 compared to others...

85 Undead Priest
Hey there everyone!!

Long time player here, healed on my Pally for all of Vanilla content, Holy Priest for BC, and did a bit of both of them (including Shaman) in Wrath, however only really progressed as my Holy Pally.

I have been trying out my recently leveled Druid, Holy Pally, and Resto Shaman a lot in raids and heroics to try and get a feel for the new healing mechanics. I have not been following the forums too much in the past month, but have been keeping up with mmo-champion.

Overall, I'm asking how Disc Priests (in PvE) will compare to other healers once at level 85. Obviously Cata is not out yet, and everything is still subject to change, but I'm trying to get a general feel of things. I'm not liking my other 3 healers too much since the patch, but enjoyed what little PvE content I did on my Priest throughout Wrath.

Thanks all!!

~Prophecy
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
From all the healing logs of top raiders on beta disc priests are ahead by far. then comes shamans and druids with no clear trend, then holy paladins.

Disc priests are very OP at 85. Will this change? I would think so but for now, they are very good. They are also quite fun to play
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Disc priests are very OP at 85. Will this change? I would think so but for now, they are very good. They are also quite fun to play

As long as your latency is low enough that you don't get that annoying misalignment between your GCD and PW:S's cooldown, that is. If you're dealing with that, disc is a lot less fun because it feels like your main tool is broken.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
From all the healing logs of top raiders on beta disc priests are ahead by far. then comes shamans and druids with no clear trend, then holy paladins.

I don't recall seeing any logs to that effect. Care to share a link or two?

From my experience on the beta, everyone actually seemed to be pretty even (surprisingly) by the last week or two of testing.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y7ifaaxz7z5y7s0c/sum/healingDone/
There is one, go to any top guild's website and you'll find healing logs which all but 2 have had disc priests at the top
Note: This is a disc priest outhealing 2 restoration druids in a 25 man raid
next
Edited by Xjennyxxi on 12/1/2010 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is one, go to any top guild's website and you'll find healing logs which all but 2 have had disc priests at the top
next

that's a holy priest using shields, notice they used circle of healing
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
next

That's definitely a holy priest. Notice the Circle of Healing casts and Echo of Light procs.

And that was from about a month ago. The beta changed a LOT in the last 3 weeks.
Edited by Fatherfranz on 12/1/2010 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Ya I'd like to see these logs as well. The last ones I saw had resto druids and holy pallies on top for most of the fights. Not that it matters, they will usually be on top because other classes offer damage reduction abilities that don't show up in meters.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Uh?

[19:20:22.608] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Aadventt
[19:20:22.873] Aadventt gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:20:32.081] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield fades
[19:21:06.819] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Aadventt
[19:21:06.987] Aadventt gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:21:07.788] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:08.628] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:09.823] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:10.594] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:11.826] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:12.672] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:21:13.776] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield fades
[19:21:59.020] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Xavhero
[19:21:59.486] Xavhero gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:21:59.688] Xavhero's Power Word: Shield fades
[19:22:10.657] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Aadventt
[19:22:10.788] Aadventt gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:22:13.965] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield fades
[19:23:30.459] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Aadventt
[19:23:30.605] Aadventt gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:23:31.389] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:23:32.586] Aadventt's Power Word: Shield fades
[19:24:43.403] Tlubislol casts Power Word: Shield on Xavhero
[19:24:43.613] Xavhero gains Power Word: Shield from Tlubislol
[19:24:44.038] Xavhero's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:24:44.821] Xavhero's Power Word: Shield is refreshed by Tlubislol
[19:24:44.821] Xavhero's Power Word: Shield fades

That's...6 casts of Power Word: Shield?

Lets see: Targets of Power Word: Shield from actor Tlubislol were Aadventt and Xavhero. Aadventt gained the Weakend Sould debuff 4 times, Xavhero gained the debuff 2 times. That's 6 alright.

So 6 PW:S total'd 893690 healing? I don't think so, Tim.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I still don't really trust the Absorb tracking from World of Logs to begin with. I have a hunch they're still using the "guessing" model for tracking absorbs. So every time there's an absorb effect, it attributes the number to the most recently casted PW:S or DA. So there's been a ton of errors involved in tracking until recently. Especially when there's a DK tank involved (because of the absorbs from Blood Shield).

On the bright side, though, Recount seems to have gotten the updated tracking of shields in the combat log figured out. So yay them and yay accuracy :)
Reply Quote
15 Undead Mage
World of logs has a known bug with shields. It doesn't report them for the correct player.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
If you assume a PW:S is supposed to absorb around 14-15k in an encounter like this (is that sensible? Beta players? Yes/no?) you can just chop a down by a factor of 10 to get the number 89,369, which would be at least reasonable absorption from 6 casts, assuming it absorbs 14-15k per.

If you then subtract the difference between this number and the supposed number from the total healing, you end up with 3,422,100 total healing done. This puts them roughly next to Mitebzar on healing done.

The other question I had from paladins is: Is Mitebzar's Beacon of Light healing compared to his normal healing correct? Take a look at Mbop directly beneath him. Why does Mitebzar's Beacon of Light heal for disproportionately more than his other heals, while Mbop has his heals all roughly equal. Is this normal, or is there another error in WOL?

Anyways, if you assume Mitebzar's numbers are correct, Tlubislol placed next to Mitebzar in healing done.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight

What? No. Holy Pallies are very strong at 85.

False. Currently in terms of 85 performance it goes:
Disc > Druids >>> Paladins > Shaman
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

Please, come up with some kind of argument or math or proof of any kind to support claims like this. The logs you've supplied so far are a bit misleading.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage

You know, I dug into the log you linked here to show you it's completely wrong. How about some more links to parses.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Priest
Most logs I have seen have been very close with Holy lagging behind a little bit. Please do not post logs that are misleading or out of date. Healing might not be perfect, but its probably the closest it has ever been.
Edited by Taihou on 12/2/2010 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Do Discipline Shields get stronger at 85? Can't wait to spellsteal those babies!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]