Which healer complements a Resto Druid?

90 Draenei Shaman
We ran Resto shaman / Resto druid for a while in our heroic ICC 10 mans. Worked pretty well.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
Yes, Holy Paladin and Resto Druids ftw. My healing partner for 10s was a Pally and we had amazing synergy.

ETA: Disc priest would work very well too. I just don't have much experience in 10s with them only 25s so I can't help you there.

Holy pally + resto druid rocked in LK but much less so in Cata because of the reduction in druid raid healing capability. All 10s comps should include a priest or shaman to maximize healing effectiveness.

On the contrary, the 'reduction' in druid raid healing capability is more than made up for a Holy Paladins new ability to be an allrounder. They can keep the tanks up while using holy radiance and LoD as well as quick instant heals to keep the raid up, get the druid throwing lifebloom on MT and you have a perfect 2 healing combo
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
Yes, Holy Paladin and Resto Druids ftw. My healing partner for 10s was a Pally and we had amazing synergy.

ETA: Disc priest would work very well too. I just don't have much experience in 10s with them only 25s so I can't help you there.

Holy pally + resto druid rocked in LK but much less so in Cata because of the reduction in druid raid healing capability. All 10s comps should include a priest or shaman to maximize healing effectiveness.

On the contrary, the 'reduction' in druid raid healing capability is more than made up for a Holy Paladins new ability to be an allrounder. They can keep the tanks up while using holy radiance and LoD as well as quick instant heals to keep the raid up, get the druid throwing lifebloom on MT and you have a perfect 2 healing combo

It would work but druids are more tank oriented as they will not be able to keep HoTs on the raid anymore (even 10s) so teaming with a class that can pump AoEs into the raid at any time will be more effective (i.e. easier) than combining two classes with primarily CD based raid healing spells.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The people here suggesting priests or paladins for this guy are not looking at the bigger picture.

The ret pally in his raid group *has* help heal some fights. Blizzard always sets up fights where you need 3 healers. Thus, there will already be another holy paladin in the raid, in contention for healing plate. Thus, a paladin is not a good choice.

The priest is not a good either, because there are already 3 other cloth wearers in the raid group. That's already a lot of people trying to divvy up cloth drops. Add in a fourth cloth wearer, and someone is going to get the shaft in terms of drops.

Obviously, you don't want to run another druid healer either. It's always better to run with different classes for healers.

That leaves only a shaman as a viable choice.

No contention for drops means that the shaman gets geared up quickly, which allows your raid group as a whole to progress faster. Plus, it's personally beneficial to have no gear contention, since it means that you'll be able to gear out your dps spec. Not being able to solo stuff outside of raids is one of the main reasons healers quit playing healers, but if a healer can get dps gear too, for free, with no downsides, hey, that's a reason to keep raiding as a healer.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

paladin because of pink name

^ lol
I'de have to agree though, dual specced Holy/Disc Priest, dps sham w/ heal os
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Remember tho, as of 4.01, DPS clothies can't use spirit, while shadowpriest got a spirit-hit talent, so in the current no priest setup, cloth spirit gear is gonna be reforged or sharded. Admitedly, mail gear is in the exact same spot...maybe try to get one of the 3 clothies to go shaman/spriest with an offhealer spec, and the op go whichever direction the 3rd clothy(or third plate) doesn't go?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Why would dps cloth take spirit gear in a no priest raid ...

The people here suggesting priests or paladins for this guy are not looking at the bigger picture.

The ret pally in his raid group *has* help heal some fights. Blizzard always sets up fights where you need 3 healers. Thus, there will already be another holy paladin in the raid, in contention for healing plate. Thus, a paladin is not a good choice.

The priest is not a good either, because there are already 3 other cloth wearers in the raid group. That's already a lot of people trying to divvy up cloth drops. Add in a fourth cloth wearer, and someone is going to get the shaft in terms of drops.

Obviously, you don't want to run another druid healer either. It's always better to run with different classes for healers.

That leaves only a shaman as a viable choice.

No contention for drops means that the shaman gets geared up quickly, which allows your raid group as a whole to progress faster. Plus, it's personally beneficial to have no gear contention, since it means that you'll be able to gear out your dps spec. Not being able to solo stuff outside of raids is one of the main reasons healers quit playing healers, but if a healer can get dps gear too, for free, with no downsides, hey, that's a reason to keep raiding as a healer.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Priest
I would recommend priest or paladin for the second healer because you don't have dispel disease other than through the ret paladin.

I would probably recommend priest just because you already have two paladins in the group (and the ret should pick up a healing set for those times you need a third healer.) The priest can go either Holy or Disc (or whichever is best that patch) since druids are perfectly capable tank healers.

But as others have said, shaman is a great choice with your ret helping dispel disease when applicable, and the lack of gear contention is a real bonus.
Edited by Forums on 12/3/2010 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]