Is fear bugged right now?

85 Worgen Priest
I notice that whenever my target has dots on it, my fear doesn't work.

I cast it and it drops right away after one dot tick. Is this a bug, or did Fear get nerfed again?

I find it hard to believe that Blizzard would nerf a shadow priest's most important pvp spell THAT much. I mean right now it's not even worth casting on a dotted target.
Reply Quote

* Effects which are broken from taking too much damage (Fear, Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, etc.) now break automatically from about half as much damage taken as before.

4.0.3a patch notes
Edited by Lunt on 12/2/2010 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yes, fear did get nerfed again. It breaks on around 1000 damage now.

I wish I had a copy of the "history of fear nerfs" post - it was sadly funny.

They actually nerfed a few spells other than fear the same way, however warlocks (and spriests to a lesser extent) rely on fear as pretty much their only defence.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It would appear that blizz is encouraging the use of crowd control to ...... crowd control?
Reply Quote
34 Gnome Rogue
People who think fear didn't need to be nerfed again in 4.0.3a are retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
People who think fear didn't need to be nerfed again in 4.0.3a are retarded.

Clearly warlocks have too many escape mechanics. Should just remove fear altogether because obviously warlocks don't need it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Psychic Scream, Psychic Horror, and Sin & Punishment all share the same diminishing returns so:

Apply VT + DoTS = Dispelled + 3 Sec. fear
Apply VT + DoTS = Dispelled + 2 Sec. fear
Apply VT + DoTS = Dispelled + 1 Sec. fear
Apply VT + DoTS = Dispelled + Immune

At any time you throw a fear in there it possible that it’s clashing with a S&P dispel and it can only last 1-2 seconds max.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This was intended to be part of the recent castration of warlocks; priests were just collateral damage

aka: business as usual.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Spriests were blowing people up before they could even come out of fear. No one wants to hear any of this jibber-jabber about what slightly brought spriests in line with other specs.

As for warlocks, change the Shadowflame glyph to cause Shadowflame to automatically apply curse of tongues, put Howl of Terror and Death Coil on a shared CD, and add Shadowflame to the Soulburn abilities so that when you Soulburn into a Shadowflame it snares the target for 70%.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Spriests were blowing people up before they could even come out of fear.

Yeah, it's pretty fun when they let you freecast in 80 bgs.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Yeah, it's pretty fun when they let you freecast in 80 bgs.

There's no "letting" going on if you were feared. I'm pretty sure every single person that has done bgs after 4.0 that has faced a spriest with equal gear has "in general" got smashed.
Edited by Gravitate on 12/2/2010 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
Can Bliz just remove fear so it won't be held against Locks and locks can get real defenses?
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Paladin
it's not bugged, it's just ineffective.

edit: if you want to have a really bad time play a lock in lowbie bgs.
Edited by Danog on 12/2/2010 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This was intended to be part of the recent castration of warlocks; priests were just collateral damage

LOL TBC nerfs agains?
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Paladin

LOL TBC nerfs agains?

i still have nightmares of fighting locks in s2 on my mage.

/shudder
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]