Templar's Noodle

85 Dwarf Paladin
Sorry for the title, but the idea that pops up in my head when I think of "Templar's Noodle" is just too amusing to pass up.

Anyway, I'm making this post because, well, Templar's Verdict seems to be hitting for way less than it did before 4.0.3. Critting for 7k sounds nice, until you realize this is supposed to be our heavy hitter and something other classes should be afraid of. The biggest problem I have is that my exorcism hits harder than it, even on cloth targets, which means it's not an armor issue, it's a "This thing should be hitting way harder" issue, especially considering that my crusader strike's damage is apparently not that far behind it.

Maybe it gets better at 85, but right now, Templar's Verdict is... Well, if I have a choice between using it and an art of war proc, I'm using the art of war proc. Hell, my shield of the righteous can crit for more than that when I spec prot. Now that is just not normal.
Edited by Stoutfist on 12/2/2010 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. For the amount of build up time it takes it should hit hard. As it stands I hope for exo procs more than I worry about TV.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Are you sure it's not because the armor values of every target higher than 80 got buffed hugely?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd rather it do 175% weapon dmg and completely bypass armor. For what it takes to get this ability up and running, it shouldn't just be an attack where the pld suddenly swings a little harder
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Until 85, those 3 HP are better served in a Selfless Heal at the moment. I've seen 3 HP WoG's crit for ungodly amounts.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Drop it to 175% of weapon damage and have the whole thing hit as holy damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Level 85 will fix it.

Really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I used to think the idea of a holy damage TV was insane, but your right, every other class does do a significant amount of armor passing damage anyways. Fury won't have as good uptime on CS, but other then that, even combat rogues do more elemental damage than pallies do now, and hunters are practically like old ret, where whatever issues they have, all their damage except auto-shot will be elemental in cataclysm.
Edited by Lurerre on 12/2/2010 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd rather it do 175% weapon dmg and completely bypass armor. For what it takes to get this ability up and running, it shouldn't just be an attack where the pld suddenly swings a little harder

Bypass armor and Holy Damage are exactly the same thing.

It's just people seem to get all uppity when a Paladin does it, but dont batt an eyelid when Warriors do.

My point without being so bitter?

Make TV deal some Holy Damage.

Holy dmg would be OP, it just needs to completely bypass armor
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Are you sure it's not because the armor values of every target higher than 80 got buffed hugely?

It's more because just about everything Ret does, especially in PvP, is now physical damage.

Apparantly 100% armor penetration is only OK for Warriors... and Feral Bleeds.. and.. you get the point.

What's armor?

Oh, wait... sorry Pallies!

Holy dmg would be OP, it just needs to completely bypass armor

Isn't....that what Holy damage does?

I mean. Lava Lash bypasses armor, and deals Fire damage...
Edited by Matuk on 12/2/2010 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret went from being the best melee vs armor by default to the worst. I don't see how blizzard nerfed all rets holy damage and buffed mutilate and envenom.

Yesterday I was cold blood envenom'd for 13k on my 1350 resilience. Fair.

I want my finisher to be that good.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Ret went from being the best melee vs armor by default to the worst. I don't see how blizzard nerfed all rets holy damage and buffed mutilate and envenom.

Yesterday I was cold blood envenom'd for 13k on my 1350 resilience. Fair.

I want my finisher to be that good.

I thought Hammer of Wrath was your finisher? And it DOES hit stupid hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]