Templar's Noodle

85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not. Holy already ignores armor, just like frost, fire, nature, shadow, etc. 100% armor pen would ignore.....100% of your armor.

Pretty sure that's a wash.

But that's not the point. S/He was saying the same thing, only the perception is off that holy is so overwhelmingly OP it can't be buffed....ever.

I'm pretty sure that's the sarcasm I missed earlier. If not, I fail utterly :D.
Edited by Medieve on 12/2/2010 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Templar's Verdict should have been straight up holy damage or a %... quite odd it isn't considering it uses Holy Power to only do physical damage. It's like a Fire Mage building up a stacking buff of fire to do their ultimate ability and they shoot a crossbow bolt out of their fingers... doesn't make sense what so ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
my account finalizes on the 14th I'll endure this headache for 11 more days, friends commin to take my comp and I'm movin on.. after 5 years or 6 whatever. Ret paladins have been the brunt of ever nerf, idea stolen and given to another class or a class made up of ideas by ret paladin players, its spec reworked over and over and issues still left the same, 100% dispellable offense and defense, and no gap closer.

Now to make things worse, our damage is junk, our dispellable defenses have been left dispellable and they have been nerfed, and our gap closer is the punchline of every serious pvp'r mocking a ret. Our attack system is overloaded with rng, sure in a world where if rng is in my favor and my abilities were "OH MY GOD HES GOT 3 HOLY POWER LOOKOUT" worthy it would make sense but i dont even break mages shields with a crusader strike and a 3pnt TV combined sometimes.

I run 417 frost resist combined with 900 resilience and mages in full pvp gear burn through the combination, for those who dont know 417 frost resist is 51.07 frost dmg reduction combined with 900 resil I think was somthing like 24% dmg reduction and still getting destroyed by frost mages.

I'm a 99% caster with weak spells running around with a sword and 1 phyiscal baseline attack and another that a retard would on spec into by mistake, get caught healing and almost your whole functionality is shut down till you die.

anyone who says ret is fine or will be fine at 85 is a liar or lying to themselves and just hanging on the thread of voicing their opinion as if it matters, it wont matter until it dents blizzards pockets and their isnt enough ret paladins in this whole game to matter to them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
it wont matter until it dents blizzards pockets and their isnt enough ret paladins in this whole game to matter to them.

How much you wanna bet on that? It's not that there isn't enough, it's that most of us will continue to play the class we've grown to love regardless of how effed up it is. I still remember how to seal twist and remember to reapply seals after judging, or at least refreshing my seals every 30 secs. Oh, and the nightmare of rebuffing the raid after every pull with your 5 min buffs.

I mean, we've been a lot, LOT worse. That's why you won't see a paladin exodus, because as clunky and convoluted as this design is, we can make it work (up to a point), just like we always have.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
it wont matter until it dents blizzards pockets and their isnt enough ret paladins in this whole game to matter to them.

How much you wanna bet on that? It's not that there isn't enough, it's that most of us will continue to play the class we've grown to love regardless of how effed up it is. I still remember how to seal twist and remember to reapply seals after judging, or at least refreshing my seals every 30 secs. Oh, and the nightmare of rebuffing the raid after every pull with your 5 min buffs.

I mean, we've been a lot, LOT worse. That's why you won't see a paladin exodus, because as clunky and convoluted as this design is, we can make it work (up to a point), just like we always have.

this!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I said MORE OP than 100% armor pen. As in holy damage is more powerful than ignoring 100% armor.

How so?

I mean, i realize the defenses certain classes have with respect to pysical vs magic is different, as well as the buffs that apply to it, but disregarding that, I don't see the difference. I suppose it's more OP as holy cause inquisition applies to it?

Or it might be because there's effectively no resistance to Holy damage.

Going out on a limb there...
Reply Quote
I LOL'd at the thread title. Mucho funny.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So basically, we need to start advocating for three things:

1.) Holy damage on TV

2.) A noodle sword from BlizzCon or other obtainable source

3.) Noodle cleave to be a viable arena team

Actually, Noodle Cleave could work :D.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
On the beta with the ilvl 359 premades, my TV was critting for ~40k. I never did do any group stuff with the pally so that's self buffed only. Keep in mind though that you're only going to have 15% crit at the most in a group setting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I said MORE OP than 100% armor pen. As in holy damage is more powerful than ignoring 100% armor.

How so?

I mean, i realize the defenses certain classes have with respect to pysical vs magic is different, as well as the buffs that apply to it, but disregarding that, I don't see the difference. I suppose it's more OP as holy cause inquisition applies to it?

Or it might be because there's effectively no resistance to Holy damage.

Going out on a limb there...

I wasn't aware there is some kind of resistance to 100% ArP. The only problem is what people believes.

He's joking.
Reply Quote
73 Human Paladin

The primitive "your not my class" arguement from yet another 1k player. Glad to see you made it. I won't argue against it since everyone else has. Not worth my phone battery neither.

Please post when your mind has evolved a bit.

Yet another bad player thinking he knows what he's talkin about.

Yet another Blood Elf Paladin thinking he's cool by going off arena ratings.

Because Arena is totally a measure of skill, not your composition.
Amidoinitrite?

Oh! So you're saying that there is no skill disparity between the high rated players and low rated players in arena? it's ALL based on composition?

lol I'm sorry, but what a worthless post. If it's all about composition, go form a faceroll comp and steamroll your awesome booty to 3k. Oh wait, you can't! You'll probably hit 1500 and hit a wall.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just want my only controlled form of damage to actually be reliable towards every target, not choosing to word of glory vs plate because it'll hit them significantly lower when other classes have reliable forms of controlled damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]