Should standing on a hunter be so effective?

90 Dwarf Hunter
We are not asking for "no deadzone"

We are asking for an abilty to use while everyone is in our deadzone.

Raptor Strike basically got nerfed to the ground due to the talents been taken away.

So other than a crappy 700dmg hit. We have nothing.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
(Reading only the first post and replying)

Should standing AWAY from a rogue be so effective?

It should. But Blizzard gives back to Rogues by allowing them the best snare in the game being auto-applied by auto-attacks. By your logic, Blizzard should make all Hunter autoshots apply a snare.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
You sit on a throne of lies. The only thing that's keeping hunters from being insane right now is that their damage is balanced. Did you even watch Megatf's duel vs. dks? In that 1 minute duel, the dk had about 5 seconds of uptime on his target. 5 seconds.

That means that in a given pvp encounter, megatf was able to stay at ranged over 90% of the time. Give them the damage they want and paladins will be going from 100 to 0 before you can even click your hof button.

keep in mind the people megatf are dueling are in no way the same skill level as he is... secondly this sounds like an imbalance of gap closers between meelee classes....
despite the 5 seconds of uptime he still won the duel....

bad dks are still bad tho....

The ghoul had about 90% uptime and is half of UH's total damage on target. In a team match you would be able to kill/control the pet. The only other thing was the the 38-100% Death Coil heal spam from Megatf's explosive shot on AMS.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
We are not asking for "no deadzone"

We are asking for an abilty to use while everyone is in our deadzone.

Raptor Strike basically got nerfed to the ground due to the talents been taken away.

So other than a crappy 700dmg hit. We have nothing.

I suppose I meant deadzone in a more general sense, though I do think it's a good idea to give you something that hurts when people are in your face. Not sure about damage; perhaps something that gives you some room to live while your teammates come to your rescue?
Reply Quote
Megatf was playing horribly against the deathknight. Anyone keeping up to date on UH pvp changes knows that if the pet gets transformed it needs to die asap. Deathcoil damage is nowhere near high enough to take someone down alone.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters melee damage should be on par with ranged dmg or there should be no min range on shots.

Mage/Shammy/Lock damage does not get cut well over half because you are up close to them. One can use the pet as a counter to this thought but hunter pets have been 2 shot wonders forever.

Blizz please turn the SV tree into a petless spec and adjust as needed to make hunters viable.
Reply Quote
Hunters melee damage should be on par with ranged dmg or there should be no min range on shots.

Mage/Shammy/Lock damage does not get cut well over half because you are up close to them. One can use the pet as a counter to this thought but hunter pets have been 2 shot wonders forever.

Blizz please turn the SV tree into a petless spec and adjust as needed to make hunters viable.

Pet's are not 2shot wonders in cataclysm and stop asking for ridiculous buffs and massive mechanic overhauls.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock

Mage/Shammy/Lock damage does not get cut well over half because you are up close to them.

I suggest you roll a lock and try to cast damaging spells while a melee player is attacking you.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue

Mage/Shammy/Lock damage does not get cut well over half because you are up close to them.

I suggest you roll a lock and try to cast damaging spells while a melee player is attacking you.

You still have instants. They may not cause the target to drop dead instantly, but they're far more dangerous than anything a Hunter has access to in Melee range.

And you can juke an interrupt. Hunters can't.
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

You still have instants. They may not cause the target to drop dead instantly, but they're far more dangerous than anything a Hunter has access to in Melee range.

What!?! Are you really comparing a caster being interrupted to a player getting within melee range?
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue

What!?! Are you really comparing a caster being interrupted to a player getting within melee range?

As a Hunter? Is this a joke?

What I was saying was "yes, it's possible you can be interrupted in melee range if the interrupt isn't on cooldown, and you don't manage to force your opponent to waste it". While as a Hunter, all your opponent has to do is get within 5 yards of you, they don't have to do anything after that but stay there.
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
58 Undead Rogue

Because corruption and curse of agony hit SOOOO HARD without the +20% buff from haunt, the buff from shadow embrace or without talents to support them at all.

Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue

Because corruption and curse of agony hit SOOOO HARD without the +20% buff from haunt, the buff from shadow embrace or without talents to support them at all.

Why is your character running around untalented? You should probably go ahead and spend those points. I haven't done the math on it, but I would not be surprised at all if Corruption and Curse of Agony do more damage than Raptor Strike over 6 seconds (this last sentence is sarcasm by the way, I'm quite certain they do a hell of a lot more damage).
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
Hunters have 2 effective abilities to get range, disengage and scatter shot (they can be use together) as well as wing clip to use before either one (or a frost trap). Technically 3 if you include freezing trap as well. It should be effective because if you don't, a freecasting (since they now HAVE to cast Steady/Cobrashot) hunter is extremely dangerous.
Reply Quote

Why is your character running around untalented? You should probably go ahead and spend those points. I haven't done the math on it, but I would not be surprised at all if Corruption and Curse of Agony do more damage than Raptor Strike over 6 seconds.

Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

Pet's are not 2shot wonders in cataclysm and stop asking for ridiculous buffs and massive mechanic overhauls.

Another Cata will fix "x problem" reply. Just like TBC will fix "x problem" or Wrath will fix "x problem"... still waiting for the fixes the last 2 x pac's were bringing to the class. Also if you played a Hunter you would know Hunters get " ridiculous buffs/nerfs and massive mechanic overhauls" without ever asking for them. It is time for Hunters to start asking... it has worked very well for other classes...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There's no reason for the deadzone when we don't even have a maximum range advantage over people anymore. Now we are just left with the melee range disadvantage. They need to stop with the "its the theme of the class" bullcrap. The theme blows.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
I don't want min range removed, personally, except on Steady and Cobra. Among other things I'd like ALL Hunter shots (minus Scatter) to be 45 yard range though. This 35 yard on Silencing and Tranq, etc. is a buncha crap.
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
There's no reason for the deadzone when we don't even have a maximum range advantage over people anymore. Now we are just left with the melee range disadvantage. They need to stop with the "its the theme of the class" bullcrap. The theme blows.

Once again, the deadzone is the counter to hunter damage just as range is to melee and interrupts, silences and various other anti magic abilities are the counters to casters. Los is the counter to everyone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]