Dealing with hunters?

31 Blood Elf Mage
Now that concussive shot has a 100% uptime, and pretty much none of the pally specs have any way of snaring indefinitely, how do you even catch up to a hunter? (I don't know about holy, I haven't the gear).

As prot you get avenger's shield, but since you have concussive shot on you, that gets you pretty much nowhere. HoJ, you say? Can't get in range, and if I do, I spend most of my 6 seconds of stun slowly crawling up to the hunter, and then I either get trapped/scattershotted/disengaged. Then this dumb cycle starts again.

As ret, you get a mini-sprint from judging, but again, concussive shot negates that completely.

I am seriously at a loss on how to defeat a hunter.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Mage
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hunters' few strengths these days revolve around kiting their targets and Paladins lack useful gap closers.

As Ret you should be able to Cleanse off the snare, but if it's a BM hunter you'll have to deal with a few other things soon enough.

Typically, you don't 'deal' with good hunters, you survive them. Personally, this is when I feel no compunction in popping wings and hurling hammers at their faces. Go ahead and cast Exorcism too, odds are he's not expecting it (as Ret).

Prot has the easier time dealing with this, that is if you get AS reset quickly enough.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Mage
Hunters' few strengths these days revolve around kiting their targets and Paladins lack useful gap closers.

As Ret you should be able to Cleanse off the snare, but if it's a BM hunter you'll have to deal with a few other things soon enough.

Typically, you don't 'deal' with good hunters, you survive them. Personally, this is when I feel no compunction in popping wings and hurling hammers at their faces. Go ahead and cast Exorcism too, odds are he's not expecting it (as Ret).

Prot has the easier time dealing with this, that is if you get AS reset quickly enough.

Hm, haven't thought of casting exorcism without the proc, and sounds a little mana draining... but I'll give that a shot.

Also, how do I even close in on the hunter as prot, because I don't think cleanse removes snare like ret. I can slow the hunter down for a whooping 3 seconds or so, but during that time I'm slowed for the same amount without any way of dispelling.
Reply Quote
43 Tauren Paladin
Yeah hunters are very good againts us...even more in the lower levels (like me). I do love killing their pets and surviving them until "insert your friendly rogue" sneaks behind them;) Remember that in BGs Bigger group usually wins.
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Druid
Why has no one even mentioned HoF?

Use HoF and HoJ liberally, their CDs are not that high. Bubble as a last resort. Use your HP only for WoG and AS everytime it's up against hunters. Once the hunter has finally used all his tools, pop wings, Divine Plea, SotR, etc. etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]