It seems to be common knowledge...

46 Gnome Priest
...that dispels are broken. It's true, we aren't 85 yet and beta isn't the same as live arena exactly and is a smaller sample size of players. I think it's safe to say though, that a lot of PvPers are very concerned with the state of dispels.

Almost every PvPer with beta seems to agree from what I've read so far. You'll hear various classes are overpowered and there's argument, but they all agree dispels are broken.

I think most PvPers without beta can just imagine dispels in a no-dispel protection environment, does it not seem like they'll be completely ridiculous if no changes are made?

Can you imagine a double dispel team in Cata now that Druids and Shaman have defensive dispel? SPriests also keeping their dispel means they don't have to necessarily run double healer either.

Can you imagine trying to heal as a druid or priest vs. teams with offensive dispels still removing 2 buffs per cast when all your dispel protection is now gone? What about vs. 2x offensive dispels?

It seems to me like this going to be a major problem and isn't getting enough attention.

Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Dispelling was pretty much useless pre-4.0.

Okay, maybe not quite useless. Obviously, you wanted to dispel. But pre-4.0, the only job I really had was to spam Purge. Constantly. That was the dispel system pre-4.0 - offensive dispellers had to constantly do it. Which is a boring system. Dispel protection made it even worse (thank god they removed it).

Yes, with the 4.0 changes, offensive dispels now hurt you painfully, to the point you actually have to be afraid of them - but that's the nature of balance in WoW. Everybody is supposed to have weaknesses, and it would appear that Priests and Druids are especially susceptible to Purge.

If offensive dispels didn't make life hard for certain classes, then offensive dispels wouldn't have any reason to be in the game.
Edited by Matuk on 12/2/2010 4:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Okay, maybe not quite useless. Obviously, you wanted to dispel. But pre-4.0, the only job I really had was to spam Purge. Constantly. That was the dispel system pre-4.0 - offensive dispellers had to constantly do it. Which is a boring system. Dispel protection made it even worse (thank god they removed it).

Yes, with the 4.0 changes, offensive dispels now hurt you painfully, to the point you actually have to be afraid of them - but that's the nature of balance in WoW. Everybody is supposed to have weaknesses, and it would appear that Priests and Druids are especially susceptible to Purge.

If offensive dispels didn't make life hard for certain classes, then offensive dispels wouldn't have any reason to be in the game.
rofl
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock

Whoa there buddy your not supposed to use logic here.
Reply Quote

When dispels make 2/4 healers inferior completely to the other 2/4, I think they're making those classes' life a little too hard. :|

There is also no good reason for any dispel to remove more than one buff with most trash buffs removed and no talented 30% dispel resists anymore.
Shamans' earth shield is actually one of the few good dispel protections left in the game.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]