Why don't my poisons crit for 200%

1 Troll Priest
Or a hunter's Serpent Sting? (Without a talent)

Every DPS caster had their crits changed to 200%. DK's diseases and Death Coil also crit for 200%, it really just feels like Blizzard forgot about some class's abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Rogue poisons don't crit for 100% extra damage? I always thought they did... yeah that seems logical

/support
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Or a hunter's Serpent Sting? (Without a talent)

Every DPS caster had their crits changed to 200%. DK's diseases and Death Coil also crit for 200%, it really just feels like Blizzard forgot about some class's abilities.

You aren't a caster, you don't get 200% dot crits baked in, and so you shouldn't. DK diseases shouldn't crit either IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I just wish that our poisons used melee crit instead of spell crit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I just wish that our poisons used melee crit instead of spell crit.

See that makes sense - it SHOULD be using melee crit if it's being treated as a physical(ish) effect.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
Think of it like this - your dps isn't as crit dependent as a caster

I really don't care about poison crits, but what the heck is that quote supposed to mean?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Think of it like this - your dps isn't as crit dependent as a caster, but is roughly the same.

Less RNG is good.

Someone doesn't understand how rogues work.

Nope, rogue dps isn't as crit dependent as a caster's...which is why the assassination tree alone has 9 places to sink talent points that directly result in changes to crit strike damage bonuses or crit strike chance of abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I support this. It's a PvE buff when we could use one, with few PvP implications.

Do Enhance spell abilites crit at 200%? I assume they would since they're just using LB, but I didn't know how Lava Lash, etc work. Wouldn't want them to be left out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Nope. Lava burst is the only spell Maelstrom weapon doesn't affect because Blizz doesn't want enhancement using it, and enhancement spells only crit for 150%. It really puts a damper on the whole storm strike causes your nature spells to crit 35% more often thing because when they do crit, you can barely tell.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
My spells don't crit for 200%.

My melee strikes do, but... I only have two of them. (unless you count Windfury)
Edited by Matuk on 12/2/2010 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]