Leveling via Cata Dungeons

84 Draenei Priest
I can't find this info anywhere, so sorry.

Are there gear/level requirements for pre-Heroic Cata dungeons?

If there is a list or something could you please point me towards it.

I've leveled via dungeons since Vanilla and I'd really like to continue with that in Cata.
Reply Quote
72 Troll Rogue
http://www.wowpedia.org/Cataclysm_instances_by_level

No gear reqs for normals.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Priest
Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Untrue. While leveling my priest alt (who was mostly in TOC 25/ICC 10 gear), she couldn't get into the higher dungeons because her average gear score wasn't high enough (was 266 even with a few Cataclysm pieces). She was 81. I think the requirement set was 279.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
It was my understanding that there ARE gear requirements for regulars, not just heroics.

Also, I'm not sure how technically accurate this is, but I've heard complaints that dungeon experience is not impressive. Plus you may have second thoughts of leveling via this route if you don't have a group of friends to do it with. Pugging is supposedly going to be less successful in this expansion.

Thirdly, keep in mind that you need to physically find the entrance to a dungeon before you can queue for it with the random dungeon finder (which does give a lot of exp reward for completing).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I logged in yesterday and before I even got out of Org, I was summoned to heal Throne of the Tides. It was 11% for a run. I'm far more of a group person than a quester, but instancing seems to be very slow xp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/02/2010 10:01 AMPosted by Vares
http://www.wowpedia.org/Cataclysm_instances_by_level

No gear reqs for normals.

This is incorrect. Assuming someone wants to use the LFD function, there are minimum gear requirements.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]