New guy intro - Account was hacked 2yrs ago

85 Goblin Priest
hello all,

I started playing WoW back in 2004 till about 2008 had a great time played with friends then it started to die out and people moved on so I took a break.... about 2 years ago I received a few emails about my account's password being reset didn't really think/care much about it so I let it go (my mistake) then a few days later I was getting these messages about my Battle.net account being merged with another account! My account was stolen....Back then I thought to myself who cares I'll never play again anyway....

Fast forward to 3 days ago. I decided to get back into things with Cataclysm coming I thought it would be a great opportunity so I took advantage of the cheap pricing of the games and started a new account. I rolled a few classes but the entire time I was thinking to myself I really wish I had my old account back. So I posted a thread on the customer service forums asking for some advice, everyone was very helpful but the consensus were it's 2 years ago you are S.O.L. I thought to myself I can't give up yet so I look up the armory and search my old character and low and behold there he is...and he gained 7 lvls! interesting. I immediately contacted Blizzard. Then the waiting game i was on the phone for about 39mins before someone picked up and I'm glad I held out (avg wait time at the time was 21min) I spoke to a very helpful CSR and he was able to get my account back and merge it with my new one!

So the first thing I did was transfer off the server because I didn't want any of the ties this thief may have made and moved here to Trollbane where some friends used to play. I had my first oppoutunity to log on and play my 77 priest this morning and boy am I lost haha.

I just wanted to introduce myself and if you see me in game say Hi or something because right now I am seriously out of the loop, I havent played since Burning Crusade and when I logged on my character was in some foreign areas :) Also if any guilds are looking for a priest (who's pretty rusty but willing to re-learn) let me know!

Thanks for reading

-Rob
Edited by Glasscasket on 12/2/2010 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Welcome back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]