Piercing Howl baseline (suggestion)

100 Human Warrior
Piercing howl is the shout which causes all targets around the Warrior to be dazed for a few seconds. Right now you have to spec into Fury to get it, as it's almost mandatory for PvP (to catch up w/runners). I'd just like to throw it out there that it would be very helpful and harmless if it was made baseline (we wouldn't need to spec into it)

• Eliminates a mandatory talent (for PvP)

• Would not affect PvE (it wouldn't upset tank balance or DPS)

• We wouldn't have to sub-spec into Fury (Prot PvP could go Arms, or Arms into Prot)

• When leveling up a Warrior, it would make it easier to catch mobs that run away (which is really annoying)
  • Reply Quote
    80 Dwarf Hunter
    Most warriors are expecting free 15 yard piercing howls to get nerfed, much less made baseline. As for Gag Order it will have it's uses, but currently falls short of what you get in Fury. Still, I'd love to have a semi-Silence Shot on my warrior in things like 2v2.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Hunter
    Wait, did hamstring stop working?

And while we're at it, lets give warriors another gap clo....oh crap
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    While speccing into gag order is pretty nice, that little zone you can get stuck in when you're too far to hamstring, not close enough to charge is just a little wierd. PH is especially more useful considering the charge-jump bug people love to do.

If PH was baseline, then I'd find prot a little more on par with Fury. Besides, they could simply give Rude interruption a little boost if Fury was lacking in the PvP department compared to Prot.

PH simply let's the warrior catch up to his target if they are reasonably close, instead of getting kited to death. It's just for those occasions for when the target is just outside of melee range.

PH was actually lower in the Fury tree and unaccessible to Arms, but they moved up so it was reachable once again. I think they seem to realize it is a very important tool for Warriors, but it's so situational, I don't think it would radically change Arms if we didn't have to spec into Fury for it (Arms was already speccing into Fury for PH prior to 4.0)
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    grux already said all the stuff i was going to say.

demo and PH are extremely powerful right now, and going to be annoying as hell to deal with in arena as a stealth class.

i really don't know why there hasn't been a huge outcry from rogues about this yet, my money's on it coming soon though.
    Reply Quote
    84 Night Elf Druid

demo and PH are extremely powerful right now, and going to be annoying as hell to deal with in arena as a stealth class.

i really don't know why there hasn't been a huge outcry from rogues about this yet, my money's on it coming soon though.

Because there's no competitive environment for pvp atm probably. And to the average rogue/druid, they probably wouldn't notice the difference between getting that one lucky demo shout and the now spammable demo shout. Half the warriors I see in BG's probably don't even have demo glyphed to be free OR keybind.

Also, Arms and prot can't sub-spec fury enough to get the 15 yard PH yet. Fury is kinda "meh" in BG's atm, so you don't even see a lot of warriors with PH trained to know it's annoying at 15 yards and free.

I'm relatively sure it'll be nerfed. If only the area of effect (on PH), the free part might stay though.

^ I hadn't realized either shout was spammable now. NERF PLS ^.^

:P
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid

Because there's no competitive environment for pvp atm probably. And to the average rogue/druid, they probably wouldn't notice the difference between getting that one lucky demo shout and the now spammable demo shout. Half the warriors I see in BG's probably don't even have demo glyphed to be free OR keybind.

Also, Arms and prot can't sub-spec fury enough to get the 15 yard PH yet. Fury is kinda "meh" in BG's atm, so you don't even see a lot of warriors with PH trained to know it's annoying at 15 yards and free.

I'm relatively sure it'll be nerfed. If only the area of effect (on PH), the free part might stay though.
    yeah, i'll just spam demo right now to have a button to push while running around. it's pretty cool.

edit: for those who don't know, demo can be glyphed to have extra range and no longer has a rage cost. any warrior using this will make his team immune to rogue openers so long as he keeps using it more or less (afaik).
    Edited by Cihlardr on 12/1/2010 9:44 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    Half the warriors I see in BG's probably don't even have demo glyphed to be free OR keybind.

Just to clarify, the glyph is to increase the range, the talent is what makes DS and PH free.

If the issue is that PH baseline makes it too easy to pop stealth, we can actually already do that with demoralizing shout, as the same talent which makes PH free makes DS free. So that's an issue with Drums of War allowing for spamability, not so much PH itself.

warriors need more gap closers i hear... charge intercept heroic leap oh wait...

We actually had Piercing Howl already from pre.4.0, so it's actually not that big of a change (we just can't access it yet). So if were made baseline, it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Warlock
    Wait....

So you are saying warriors need more ways to stay into melee range? When they are recieving a new gap closer on top of already being the most mobile melee in the game?

Sorry but no. All you are saying is ''Please make PH baseline so i can grab both a AoE snare and a ranged silence plz''. Begging for buffs you dont need.

We actually had Piercing Howl already from pre.4.0, so it's actually not that big of a change (we just can't access it yet). So if were made baseline, it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Then if its not that big a deal why not keep it as a talent? O wait. You mean you have a reason to want it baseline? You mean that reason is so you can benefit from some of the best fury sub-spec AND prot sub-spec talents?

Hypocrite...
    Edited by Stonedsoul on 12/1/2010 10:51 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    55 Dwarf Warrior
    I'm already subspeccing prot, i feel impale is much much better for pressure than the nerfed blood craze.

Huh? You're subspeccing prot for an arms talent at the expense of piercing howl?

I am so confused.
    Reply Quote
    100 Tauren Warrior
    He's talking about right now at 80, since Arms cannot reach PH with the current talent points alloted.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]