Piercing Howl baseline (suggestion)

85 Tauren Druid

It's been that way since vanilla and we've been told many times there was no plan to change it since launch. Most of us who have played for a long time have more or less given up on hoping for it to get changed. If they change them somehow to tone them down in spamability SUPER, but I'm not holding my breath. It's just another thing to continue to work around.
the rage costs on the abilities were not removed until 4.0, when drums of war was added.

so no, this is a new development. a warrior spamming demo shout will prevent rogue or druid openers all of the time afaik.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

It's been that way since vanilla and we've been told many times there was no plan to change it since launch. Most of us who have played for a long time have more or less given up on hoping for it to get changed. If they change them somehow to tone them down in spamability SUPER, but I'm not holding my breath. It's just another thing to continue to work around.
the rage costs on the abilities were not removed until 4.0, when drums of war was added.

so no, this is a new development. a warrior spamming demo shout will prevent rogue or druid openers all of the time afaik.

If a warrior chooses to go around spamming this non-stop so be it, but more likely than not the usual will continue, they will use it when coming up on a node, when they saw a rogue/feral stealth/prowl or when they have a good reason to believe there is one nearby. Almost all warriors were more than willing to burn bloodrage to do so before.

DS and PH breaking stealth is more game breaking than those abilities being spammed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

If a warrior chooses to go around spamming this non-stop so be it, but more likely than not the usual will continue, they will use it when coming up on a node, when they saw a rogue/feral stealth/prowl or when they have a good reason to believe there is one nearby. Almost all warriors were more than willing to burn bloodrage to do so before.

DS and PH breaking stealth is more game breaking than those abilities being spammed.
the difference was before, you could anticipate that as the rogue or druid, wait for their rage to drop below 10, and then proceed. now they can deny the opener to you 100% of the time if they so choose.

i, for one, know that if i am guarding a node in a bg on my warrior, i will be spamming the ability constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

i, for one, know that if i am guarding a node in a bg on my warrior, i will be spamming the ability constantly.

I know you aren't saying it's necessarily OP, but I'd just like to point out there are lots of other classes that can spam aoe to deny stealthers an opener if they bumble into it. I don't see how this is necessarily an issue just because it is warriors doing it (take a look at what demo locks can do in that regard). In point of fact, it makes for very compelling utility vs other talent choices (I personally think it's a no-brainer but I acknowledge there are those that would make alternate choices for their own reasons).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I know you aren't saying it's necessarily OP, but I'd just like to point out there are lots of other classes that can spam aoe to deny stealthers an opener if they bumble into it. I don't see how this is necessarily an issue just because it is warriors doing it (take a look at what demo locks can do in that regard). In point of fact, it makes for very compelling utility vs other talent choices (I personally think it's a no-brainer but I acknowledge there are those that would make alternate choices for their own reasons).
yeah, demo locks are far more egregious in this manner, and i am not calling for nerfs so much as expressing my surprise that rogues haven't been marching in the streets complaining about this. i predict when more people start pvping again, and it is obvious what this does in arena, it will be a pretty big whine fest.

the difference between DS and other spammable aoe's (save demo locks ofc) is the range and zero resource cost. it's not as bad as the old blood boil, but it is past the threshold of what i would consider a good mechanic. i dunno, i like the shouts being free a lot, hopefully there is another solution besides changing that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]