Executioner is a terrible talent design.

1 Dwarf Paladin
Why in god's name did you add a stacking buff to an ability that is only usable for the last 20% of a healthbar? The talent may as well say "USE IN RAIDS ONLY" and even then, it's mediocre as hell (but of course still a damage increase, before they get expensive, and thus required as raid fury).
The old Improved Execute talent wasn't fantastic either -- it was a boring damage increase, but at least it was functional. The current talent is completely unintuitive (Why am I stacking a buff from Execute, which finishes just about every even level world monster?) and it's absolutely worthless in PVP, nearly as bad in 5 mans, and mediocre in raids.
It needs to be redesigned.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warrior
The talent may as well say "USE IN RAIDS ONLY"

I'll stop you here. The entire point is to give a talent that boosts warrior dps in execute phase without increasing sub-20% burst in PVP. Execute is already strong enough in PVP, it doesn't need the help.

On the other hand, from a raid perspective it's a pretty decent white damage boost, and a significant boost to rage generation. And execute consumes a LOT of rage. More rage than any warrior can realistically generate, even with the buff. So the extra rage generation from the talent translates into a lot of extra damage from higher powered execute hits.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin

I'll stop you here. The entire point is to give a talent that boosts warrior dps in execute phase without increasing sub-20% burst in PVP. Execute is already strong enough in PVP, it doesn't need the help.

On the other hand, from a raid perspective it's a pretty decent white damage boost, and a significant boost to rage generation. And execute consumes a LOT of rage. More rage than any warrior can realistically generate, even with the buff. So the extra rage generation from the talent translates into a lot of extra damage from higher powered execute hits.

Great. What about levelling or 5 mans? You're not even going to be able to stack it fully in these situations, never mind get some mileage out of a full stack.
Talents with little to nil use outside of a max level raid environment should not have a place in the new talent trees.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Then don't get it while leveling. It's not like someone's holding a gun to your head. I'm leveling a fury warrior btw, and I didn't take it. Simple as that
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Who cares about leveling? It goes by far too quickly to truly matter.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warrior

Great. What about levelling or 5 mans? You're not even going to be able to stack it fully in these situations, never mind get some mileage out of a full stack.
Talents with little to nil use outside of a max level raid environment should not have a place in the new talent trees.

Leveling you shouldn't be fury regardless. Prot is the way to go. If you don't like prot, Arms is miles ahead of fury until titan's grip, which comes at something ridiculous like level 70 now.

And it's not like there's a dearth of other options available in the first two tiers of fury. If executioner won't benefit you in the area where you play the game, pick up one of the other talents. You gain a little more utility since you don't care about raid dps. Congratulations.
Reply Quote
29 Human Rogue
The point is to spam execute past 20% otherwise execute would be pointless
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]