File Size for Cataclysm

80 Blood Elf Warlock
The file size on my computer is getting, well disserningly big. I'm on an old hardrive and after patching as much as I could, I've gotten stuck on my download progress needing a meer 1.33gb to finish my update, but due to my small harddrive and WoW's folder size being a menacing 23 gbs currently. I am now left stuck and unable to update or even go onto WoW as it is now.

So as for my question, is there any help I can achieve in lowering WoW's gigantic 23 gb file size?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The main Cataclysm file itself is about 650ish MB if you're going directly from Wrath. This isn't including future patches like 4.0.6 and beyond after Cataclysm. You may want to look for inexpensive but large hard drives. 1 Terabyte drives can be found hovering around the $50 - 60 range, smaller ones even less.

Wrath is supposed to be around 25 GB right now so it sounds like you haven't finished building the Cache folder yet.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
Edited by Datth on 12/2/2010 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
yes i want the cataclysm trial and im not sure if i have enough space and is the full game the same size as the trial and how much is cataclysm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]