Did stealth maybe get hotfixed this morning?

85 Night Elf Druid
I was camping near the WorkShop flag waiting for the horde to move on so I could try for the flag. There was a (troll) Hunter there bouncing around like a r-tart in little circles around the flag. All of a sudden he targets me and starts shooting me. At the time he was about 15Y away (way further than anyone has(had) to be to see me, which is like 3Y).

1st thing I did was checked for the "Flare" debuff (which wasn't present) and 2nd thing I did was turn my camera to see if one was planted nearby (cause flare is wonky sometimes). There was nothing.

Now my understanding of "Track Stealth" is limited, but it would make sense that the hunter would have it on. But doesn't that only show stealthers on the mini-map? It doesn't increase stealth detection does it?

Unfortunately I am @ work and have no way of testing it. I did notice a "download bar" go across the top of my char screen (or at least that's what I assume that bar is) but blizz has been very closed lipped about hotfix's.

TL|DR Has stealth been "fixed"

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Seems simple research and I could have answered this myself....

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19885

I will have to test this tonight...

Moo

PS NOTHING TO SEE HERE :P (Can't delete threads)
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
Track hidden works in a frontal cone. It always has. It does not show the target on the minimap anymore, I don't think (though I could swear it did back in classic for a while, but can no longer remember-and when a stealther pops out in front of me I'm certainly not looking at my minimap).

What likely happened was the Hunter was hopping around, and on one of his/her hops they happened to face you at the right range which caused you to show up (and give the stealth sound effect).

Blech. No deleting.
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Track hidden works in a frontal cone. It always has. It does not show the target on the minimap anymore, I don't think (though I could swear it did back in classic for a while, but can no longer remember-and when a stealther pops out in front of me I'm certainly not looking at my minimap).

What likely happened was the Hunter was hopping around, and on one of his/her hops they happened to face you at the right range which caused you to show up (and give the stealth sound effect).

Even though there was no direct reason he would think I was there (he didn't see me go stealth), none of my team was nearby so if he was good (obviously was) he could easily assume there was a stealther there.

It's funny (weird) how I haven't know about this till just now. I guess you learn something new everyday (Boy is my face red :P)

Although.... I played a lock for about a year before I started this druid, and I had no idea druids could track humanoids.

Moo
Reply Quote
It does not show the target on the minimap anymore, I don't think

Actually, it DOES.

Can confirm by testing on some mobs that have a stealth ability as well as in duels.

You can keep multiple "Track" abilities active anyways...so (it wouldn't matter either way. I'd have all my Tracks active in PvP)
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Rogue
Most Rogues that are decently geared don't even bother using stealth to kill a hunter. Its free HK afterall.

Reply Quote
it occasionally shows nearby stealth as a blip on the mini map. and if you ever played a hunter you would know its easy to find the rogue when you think hes there.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Don't you love that? Gives warlocks a fighting chance for once >:3

warlocks have had a fighting chance for over a year.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid

Warlocks have had a fighting chance vs. Rogues and Ferals for some time now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Warlocks have had a fighting chance vs. Rogues and Ferals outside of CloS/Berserk for some time now.

fixt
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

warlocks have had a fighting chance for over a year.

Warlocks have had a fighting chance since the middle of BC unless the rogue was in 4/4.

Rogues are the ones who might have a fighting chance at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

Sorry mister "Two of my specs were in the top 5 represented specs in the arenas last two seasons", you really suffered much. Stop trying to make this about you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]