Rerolling for Cataclysm

45 Troll Warrior
Like most people, I plan on rerolling Worgen for Cata and was looking at Arthas as my new server. I've heard some varying things about the server, but what do YOU have to say? Are there awful queue times? Is the population pretty balanced between Alliance and Horde?

Any input would be hot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
If WotLK was any indication, queue times will most likely be returning to Arthas. At Wrath launch, queues were above 1800, sometimes 2000 around the first tier raid at 80; meaning it took about 30 minutes to log in.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
If WotLK was any indication, queue times will most likely be returning to Arthas. At Wrath launch, queues were above 1800, sometimes 2000 around the first tier raid at 80; meaning it took about 30 minutes to log in.

Very true, and I believe they had so much instability even with new hardware that they lowered the amount of max players who could log in thus increasing the queue even more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I came to Arthas around December of last year, when ToC was the hot new thing, and I seldom experienced queue times.
I haven't seen a queue here in ages, honestly. But that could change for Cata when all the casuals and burnouts come back. They'll be gone again soon enough so any wait times you experience initially will be non-existent as the xpac goes on.
We could use more alliance here and another worgen would be welcome!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
TOC was never new and hot, that's why you didn't experience queue times

almost everyone I know that quit including myself quit the game around ToC time:\
Edited by Treachery on 12/3/2010 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
ToC was a good time to quit, but it was also a good time to come back. I picked up the game again when ToC had been out for a bit, made it much easier to get gear.

"What's that? I just stand in this room for an hour and roll on loot? OK"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
IMO arthas is way better than most servers i have been on as far as pugs go and amount of active players. Guilds are a hit or miss tho seems to be a lot of guild drama in just about 50% witch leads to fail raids. There are a lot of good guilds out there looking for new raiders. Queue times rly not that bad just after big events do we ever see anything over 5 mins or so.
That's my take on the server in the 3 years i have been over here.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight

almost everyone I know that quit including myself quit the game around ToC time:\

Agreed, the way they "released" ToC / ToGC made sure it was never truly interesting.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
12/03/2010 5:36 AMPosted by Treachery

Most of my guild went on hiatus around the time it came out, myself included.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]