Whe we can't have nice things

This is a comprehensive list of every reason why rogues can't have nice things and get viewed as overpowered.
1. Old School Stunlock: those that remember this will always hate rogues.
2. New Stunlock: bads that get killed by a caster while we stunlock them will hate rogues be cause "we" killed them.
3. Shadowdance: all most people see are the damage, not the amount of preparation it takes to get off a perfect shadowdance. We have to make sure we can't be cc'd have to have recuperate rolling, have to have a full energy bar, and we have to use kidneyshot on you.
4. Stealth: most bads I see on the forums complain about stealth when they complain about rogues. They say its why we cant have mobility because stealth is mobility.
5. Low lvl PvP: People remember getting stunlocked/1 shotted while lvling up.
6. That one jerk rogue that put tricks on the mage and cause him to pull aggro.

these are the reasons rogues cant have nice things. If you can come up with something else feel free to post it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Cool story, bro.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Ok.
Reply Quote
forgot the cooldowns that can make us, according to ghostcrawler, godlike (I lol'd my head off when I heard that) that make us annoying to fight.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
#5 is prolly the #1 reason for rogue hate. 10 years from now someone will complain about getting ganked in STV 15 years ago and how it ruined their life and they had to goto WoW therapy and counciling for years afterwards and couldn't pick flowers alone ever again and get mild sieizures when rogues ask for buffs.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Everyone hates rogues. No one likes being not in control of their character. People don't like 10 second stuns, 70% snares, being sapped. No one like not being able to even fight back when they come out of the stunlock due to evasion/clos/disarm/combat readyness, whatever.

It doesn't matter if rogues are godlike or suck balls, people will still hate them cause they're annoying.

Rogues have so many cooldowns they can chain, so they have to be balanced around having these cooldowns up,
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
you cant have nice things in pvp because your class is designed for scared little people who need to hide and only fight while they can keep their opponent unable to attack, and if things dont go your way vanish and run away.

kek
Edited by Sate on 12/2/2010 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
you cant have nice things in pvp because your class is designed for scared little people who need to hide and only fight while they can keep their opponent unable to attack, and if things dont go your way vanish and run away.

kek

either trolling or joking, not sure wich...
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
No offense, but if you can't be arsed to get current season relevenat gear, we can't be arsed to hear you gripe.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue

Rogues have so many cooldowns they can chain, so they have to be balanced around having these cooldowns up,

which is why prep should be baseline like soulink.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
It could be worse. You could be Hunters.
Reply Quote
No offense, but if you can't be arsed to get current season relevenat gear, we can't be arsed to hear you gripe.

its funny coming from a lvl 1 alt, and if I cared about the gear I'd have it, lately I've been working on my warrior reroll to get away from the rogue stigma that takes over the brains of rogue players and makes them cynical and takes over the minds of non rogues and makes them hate rogues.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior

its funny coming from a lvl 1 alt, and if I cared about the gear I'd have it, lately I've been working on my warrior reroll to get away from the rogue stigma that takes over the brains of rogue players and makes them cynical and takes over the minds of non rogues and makes them hate rogues.

Like how you don't care about arena rating after over 300 games played?
If you don't care, why the hell would any of us care?

p.s. you picked the wrong class to escape "stigma"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
combat is the new sub
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
rogues, and to a lesser extent mages, will always suffer because the very nature of stuns, and incapacitating effects pissed off people. The idea of getting killed while not being able to fight back angers people. They dont see it as fair, and in many cases I agree with them. I was hoping wow PVP would start moving away from being a CC fest but looks like the opposite is coming true in cataclysm.
Reply Quote

Like how you don't care about arena rating after over 300 games played?
If you don't care, why the hell would any of us care?

p.s. you picked the wrong class to escape "stigma"

been around a while and I played rogue/hunter/lock in 3s with family, if the lock doesn't want to use fear and the hunter thinks the best thing he can do for damage is to use volley, you don't get very far.

Redfang, you seriously need to get out more bro. just a fyi

A little depressed after I found out my gf was cheating on me.
Edited by Redfang on 12/2/2010 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight

kek

either trolling or joking, not sure wich...

Can't be trolling because he basically just told the truth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]