I think its safe to assume blues are gone.

29 Human Rogue
From the DDF, I somehow feel a lot more lost in the overall sense of the word knowing the only insight we will be getting on the game is from the month apart vague dev blogs that honestly don't really cover many topics.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
From the DDF, I somehow feel a lot more lost in the overall sense of the word knowing the only insight we will be getting on the game is from the month apart vague dev blogs that honestly don't really cover many topics.

We asked for more transparancy. They didn't appreciate that. Like GC said: this is not a democracy, dont expect those in ''power'' to be accountable.

In other words: they dont care, they just want your cash. Welcome to capitalism rofl, if they could get away with it Customer Service would be abolished.

P.S. inbefore lock/delete
Edited by Stonedsoul on 12/2/2010 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid

We asked for more transparancy. They didn't appreciate that. Like GC said: this is not a democracy, dont expect those in ''power'' to be accountable.

In other words: they dont care, they just want your cash.

It's a dictatorship and we give them more power by giving them our hard earned money. This game has made them billionaires easily. There will be a 4th expansion if Cataclysm is a success.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
They will continue to read these forums because for as long as I can remember this is the resource they go to to determine what needs to be done in terms of nerf or buff severity.

QQ Hard, you can get someone nerfed or yourself buffed.
Reply Quote
29 Human Rogue
They will continue to read these forums because for as long as I can remember this is the resource they go to to determine what needs to be done in terms of nerf or buff severity.

QQ Hard, you can get someone nerfed or yourself buffed.

If this were the case we would have seem hunter changes by now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

In other words: they dont care, they just want your cash.

It's a dictatorship and we give them more power by giving them our hard earned money. This game has made them billionaires easily. There will be a 4th expansion if Cataclysm is a success.

Not much of an if.

If this were the case we would have seem hunter changes by now.

Or Enhancement fixes.
Edited by Matuk on 12/2/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I would rather see changes than some blue type.

While I agree with this, part of the reason I liked the blue responses from back in the day was for one simple reason:

They acknowledged if something was actually viewed as a problem.

Nobody can really say they know what the devs think of what's going on with the classes. And I think people just want to know what the devs think, whether they agree with us, disagree with us... whether they're going to try and change anything, or if they like it as it is...

And that's what it comes down to. We players feel "safer" when we have knowledge on what is happening (or not happening) to our precious characters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
GC is probably just posting on an alt now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
The issues are too complex for them to respond in a meaningful manner. I think I remember two times where the response was it is a bug we will have it fixed.

I would rather see changes than some blue type.

I am sure they read the forums but have things to do. Everytime there has been a response it was trite and usually derailed the discussion. I think the developers will get better feedback reading forums when they finally drop to the second page and a good portion of the commentary has been exhausted.

The issue here is that you are loosing the interest of people who actually do have feedback to give when you do this. Its not even about having a tangible discussion as much as them acknoledging that they are aware of certain issues.

You can only repeat the same thing so many times without any sign of it having even been read until you get tired and just move on or leave the forums altogether.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
They're still posting. Presumably, they're now avoiding this forum because it was associated with blue posters in the past.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
They're still posting. Presumably, they're now avoiding this forum because it was associated with blue posters in the past.

That would make sense. But I also think it's likely that the overall quality of postings will decline much further if some of the more constructive posters (not me) don't feel validated in some way by Blizzard for an overly long period of time.
Edited by Spite on 12/2/2010 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Even when the game is relatively balanced there is endless QQ, because people will find something to complain about even when Blizz gets it right. That makes balancing harder, because then they have to consider nerfs for abilities that aren't really overpowered.

I imagine that isn't very constructive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Now everyone can get the silent treatment, not just rogues!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
It's the communities fault. People @@#!!ed and moaned when the developers didn't respond in their thread, they used it against the devs and they were doing Us a service. We play their game, they make the changes not us. We're here to give feedback, not edit the game.

See i have a huge problem with this.

If they are the ones doing us a service... then how come are we the ones paying for their salaries? We are not their friends to whom they felt like giving a game. We are paying customers who expect a certain amount of accountability when the product we paid for gets modified or is flawed.

MMO is the ONLY market cusomers expects a bad service as the norm. If this was in any other situation you'd have a very anxious manager shaking your hand.
Edited by Pokeball on 12/2/2010 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
And in the few cases where a blue *did* post in a thread, it almost inevitably derailed. While it is nice to get a warm, fuzzy feeling from dev communication, the overall result of blues posting in the forums was negative. We can only blame ourselves for this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]