I think its safe to assume blues are gone.

81 Gnome Mage
They acknowledged if something was actually viewed as a problem.

Yeah, definitely miss that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
im happy GC doesn't post here anymore(so far). all people ever do is cry and/or fish for blue responses. nothing really useful to reply to.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
If anything, discussions have gotten worse because people have no reason to behave and discuss things intelligently in the hopes of a blue post. I'm not speaking for myself, but looking at the DDF community, the blue post was the carrot that kept people discussing things intelligently, now it's gone.

Agreed, and I'm betting it's going to get a LOT worse before it gets better. Absurd trolling posts, Mass bannings, flaming over completely inconsequential things, dogs and cats living together, etc.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior

Game development isn't free, and they can't please everyone. You can't compare game development to the real world either.

Of course I cant compare it to the real world... it IS the real world. I dont know in what fantasy you live, but in my world Blizzard is a real company, WoW is a real product and the money im sending them are real $ bills. And no it aint free, we are all paying for it, not them. They have been sending us the bills for over 6 years now. Its a crazy concept called ''commerce''.

P.S. accountability doesnt mean pleasing everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
It's the communities fault. People @@#!!ed and moaned when the developers didn't respond in their thread, they used it against the devs and they were doing Us a service. We play their game, they make the changes not us. We're here to give feedback, not edit the game.

To be fair, they took a really really really long time to even acknowledge things that needed to be fixed much less to actually fix them. When something has been broken for an entire expansion people tend to get upset and rightfully so.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
They are not required to give responses. They are not required to please us. They are not required to do anything.

They make a product. If they make profit on that product, it is a success without any factors of whether or not the customers are completely satisfied. That's all.

And thats why they get away with it: we accept it. Why do we accept it? Because we are addicted :P

They are not required to do anything but trust me, if tomorrow morning they started seeing pissed off italian *@!#%es yelling at them from over a counter they'd move their asses and PR the living hell out of us all :P Good customer service comes (sadly) when a company starts being scared to lose customers.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
They're not gone. They have moved on to a better place. A place where sparkling ponies sail giant yachts over cool blue seas of gin.

But fear not, for their gaze is yet upon us.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If you really have such an issue with the way Blizzard conducts their business, there's a very simple solution: Quit.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
im happy GC doesn't post here anymore(so far). all people ever do is cry and/or fish for blue responses. nothing really useful to reply to.

There's not much more good discussion going on now that the blues are gone.

If anything, discussions have gotten worse because people have no reason to behave and discuss things intelligently in the hopes of a blue post. I'm not speaking for myself, but looking at the DDF community, the blue post was the carrot that kept people discussing things intelligently, now it's gone.

Now all you see is a bunch of blatant trolling and screaming without our mascot. It's like what happens when the teacher has to take a phone call and leaves a room full of well behaved children and comes back to a food fight and a child suspended from the ceiling by his underwear.

it was like that on the old forums. yes, just as bad.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
I hope GC moves to the general forum. These role specific forums were not designed to be the haven of blue posts, and nothing about damage dealing says "All blue posts go here, so all threads concerning raids, pvp, class balance for dps, healers, or tanks, leveling problems, even broken quests or holes in the world, will be posted here".

General forum though makes more sense.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
GC probably hasn't been posting because damn near every thread is full of QQ about level 80 duels.

This ^. I also think they've decided not to post in this forum anymore, but it may also be because there's nothing to post right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Or maybe because launch is only a few days away and he's kind of busy right now?
Reply Quote
16 Troll Hunter
And thats why they get away with it: we accept it. Why do we accept it? Because we are addicted :P

They are not required to do anything but trust me, if tomorrow morning they started seeing pissed off italian *@!#%es yelling at them from over a counter they'd move their asses and PR the living hell out of us all :P Good customer service comes (sadly) when a company starts being scared to lose customers.

i can say why i accept it for myself, thanks. its because this is a good game. they let you have input on the forums, and they do read it, but they develop the game as they see fit. they dont owe you one on one contact.

lets be honest too, the quality of suggestions in this forum are pretty awful. im glad they use their own perspectives, even if i dont agree with it at times.
Edited by Kitchwa on 12/2/2010 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Or maybe because launch is only a few days away and he's kind of busy right now?

Maybe, but I doubt it. It's not stopping them from posting in the GD forums. I believe that we are on our own. /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
They're still here, they just don't post anymore. I've had several posts deleted so that would indicate someones reading this stuff.

I also think they're being reactive. Through the coarse of several hotfixes improvements have been made. This comming from a hunter.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]