Current DPS by spec T11 BiS

(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
You do know that slam only equals a small percentage of Arms DPS, right?

You do know that Blizzard has been buffing the hell out of Slam, and making it the go-to filler as opposed to Heroic Strike?

You do know that if the data from the beta goes live, we'll be using Slam far more than Heroic Strike?

You do know that slam doesn't equate to 100% of arms damage, as the OP would have you believe? "Mobile" indeed.
100 Human Priest

Quoting my own post for people in this thread who find reading to be challenging.

That, and the fact that there is still a hybrid tax in use leads me to believe that these numbers are false.

I don't see what why you're bringing up the hybrid tax, hybrids like warriors have been beating pures for a long time now.
85 Night Elf Druid
@FishTacos: players don't achieve simmed DPS numbers, but they're still useful if (and only if) the simulations are correct. The simulations that came up with the numbers in this OP are incorrect.

Cite your sources. Can't just run around shouting "incorrect".

There were posted earlier in the DPS forums, and drew comments from several EJ posters (including one of the admins for the Simcraft project) saying the numbers were invalid.

So no link, quote, names, anything?

EDIT : http://www.ehow.com/how_4481180_cite-internet-source.html

I would hope you were more self-sufficient (considering this was debunked, extensively, on these very forums), but oh well. Too concerned with winning an argument to actually consider something like objective truth?

Just one of the threads:

Please stop pasting those results. At least without posting the full thing.

SimulationCraft is still very much in a beta state and is rapidly improving. A number of the classes weren't close to being finished when those results were generated and there's still a number of them that aren't finished or even using the same level of gear.

When we're happy with our support for each class we'll put up our own reports on our website's wiki.

Just looking at the final DPS numbers for each class at present is pretty meaningless as a comparison. We would however appreciate people looking at the detail for each class and making sure the number of ticks from DoTs and casts of spells/attacks seems right and that they're hitting for the right amounts. (Of course we'd prefer if they used an up-to-date version of the code to do this).

Our project page is at: http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127000285
Edited by Aphorism on 12/2/2010 3:39 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
This is your brain.

This is your brain on incorrectly modeled simulationcraft.
85 Human Warrior

Quoting my own post for people in this thread who find reading to be challenging.

That, and the fact that there is still a hybrid tax in use leads me to believe that these numbers are false.

I don't see what why you're bringing up the hybrid tax, hybrids like warriors have been beating pures for a long time now.

Numbers?
46 Undead Rogue
Nov 25 is 8 days ago, a lot changed in 8 days, leaving these numbers worthless.
Also sims have always been reflected on charts in real world (of Warcraft) raids right?
No is correct, they are notorious for being utterly broken.
100 Blood Elf Mage
@FishTacos: players don't achieve simmed DPS numbers, but they're still useful if (and only if) the simulations are correct. The simulations that came up with the numbers in this OP are incorrect.

Cite your sources. Can't just run around shouting "incorrect".

There were posted earlier in the DPS forums, and drew comments from several EJ posters (including one of the admins for the Simcraft project) saying the numbers were invalid.

So no link, quote, names, anything?

EDIT : http://www.ehow.com/how_4481180_cite-internet-source.html

I would hope you were more self-sufficient (considering this was debunked, extensively, on these very forums), but oh well. Too concerned with winning an argument to actually consider something like objective truth?

Just one of the threads:

Please stop pasting those results. At least without posting the full thing.

SimulationCraft is still very much in a beta state and is rapidly improving. A number of the classes weren't close to being finished when those results were generated and there's still a number of them that aren't finished or even using the same level of gear.

When we're happy with our support for each class we'll put up our own reports on our website's wiki.

Just looking at the final DPS numbers for each class at present is pretty meaningless as a comparison. We would however appreciate people looking at the detail for each class and making sure the number of ticks from DoTs and casts of spells/attacks seems right and that they're hitting for the right amounts. (Of course we'd prefer if they used an up-to-date version of the code to do this).

Our project page is at: http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127000285

Thanks. And I wasn't arguing with you, was I?
85 Human Warrior
What about arms warriors doesn't allow mobility? Oh that was just your incompetent not being able to move and press buttons at the same time.

Ah, nice so you went from Slam doing 100% damage to talking about ALL warrior abilities. If we're on the subject of all warrior abilities then yes, warriors are mobile, but so are every other class, and your "point" is thus invalidated.

Reading comprehension is important kids.
85 Night Elf Druid

Thanks. And I wasn't arguing with you,

mmm

was I?

:|
100 Blood Elf Mage

Thanks. And I wasn't arguing with you,

mmm

was I?

:|

Hey, I'm tired. Leave meh alone.
85 Human Warrior
othing that makes Arms immobile. So... what was your point?

I never said arms was immobile. :-)
100 Human Priest

Numbers?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/x1n9m63cqsj5hrjg/sum/damageDone/?s=5886&e=6712
Logs from pre patch 4.0 from Paragon, world first guild to kill lichking 25 heroic.

Marrowgar: Warrior number one, druid number 2, paladin number 3
Deathwhisper: Priest number one, warrior number 2
Deathbringer: Warrior number one
Festergut: Warrior number one
Rotface: Warriors number 1 and 2
Putricide: Priest number one
Blood princes: Warrior number one
Blood queen: Warrior number one, death knight number 2
Dreamwalker: Priest number one, druid number 2
Sindragosa: 3 Death knights, a paladin and a warrior in front of the next highest pure
On their lich king heroic kill: 2 warriors in front of the next highest.

Pures have not been completely over hybrids for a long time now, such as in this case when hybrids beat pures on every fight for that week for the best guild in the world. Even back when the hybrid tax meant something before WOTLK warriors were highest DPS at 60 naxx.
100 Undead Warlock
Well im pretty happy, all 3 warlock specs in the top 10 within 2k of each other.
85 Human Warrior
I never said arms was immobile. :-)

So you had absolutely nothing to add to the fact that the top three specs are quite mobile. Right.

Elemental shamans are as mobile as arms warriors? When did this happen?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]