A sincere request to all - Heals and the like

85 Worgen Warrior
Please o' please, my fellow tanks - when i'm in trade chat, looking to fill a raid for a Togc / Ony / RS / OS 3D or ICC and I ask -

"LFM 25 man ToGC - Insanity run - Geared, experienced group. Looking for exceptional players with vent. Pst with some gauge of your gear | Experience | Spec | Class. Need Mdps, Rdps, heals and tanks"

Don't /tell me with a simple - "me - i'll heal" and then get upset when I dont instantly reply to you.

I value my ability to organise a raid and I expect everyone to take the 3 seconds required to let me know your experience with the fight, whether your geared your spec and your class.

For example if it were me asking to join I would say - "Prot warrs / just shy of 6.1kgs / 270 ilvl / 50k unbuffed health / know the fight done it many times / have working vent - listen well."

- I mean thats more than enough but you get the idea.

Note this is NOT a place to get angry about GS or ilvl - it simple gives me a vauge idea of how long you've been playing. I COMPLETELY understand that skill is more important than gear BUT i cannot judge your skill from a post.

Generally high gear scores are a sign that players have participated in top end raiding content. Players who have no skill and high gearscores are the EXCEPTION to the rule so don't QQ.

Many thanks!!!
Reply Quote
Me, I'll heal...

Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Me, I'll heal...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly?

The people who agree with you are already the ones who understand what you mean, and those who disagree won't be persuaded by you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shouldn't this be on your realm forum?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I would never bother applying in the first place cause I'm pretty sure ToGC Insanity is absolutely unpuggable. But maybe thats just my fail server.
Edited by Cullodina on 12/2/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Note this is NOT a place to get angry about GS or ilvl - it simple gives me a vauge idea of how long you've been playing. I COMPLETELY understand that skill is more important than gear BUT i cannot judge your skill from a post.

Generally high gear scores are a sign that players have participated in top end raiding content. Players who have no skill and high gearscores are the EXCEPTION to the rule so don't QQ.

you had me till this point.

Maybe if we're talking Heroic ICC gear (or TOC gear when it was current). But considering like only 5% of the raiding population has this level of gear and more than likely don't wanna pug crap they already did, this statement is laughable. You can't judge by normal level gear. I know this from many 12/12 ICC25 pugs I ran. I turned down literally dozens of almost to full full 264 players because their gems and spec were laughable. And took more than a few players in barely any raid gear because they were done properly. In terms of exception and rule and whatnot, I would say it's about the same. Assuming full ICC epics, vast majority are just as dumb as those not quite as geared.

edit: and I think I just got trolled on second thought. This post can't be serious???
Edited by Jynus on 12/2/2010 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I have no idea what my gear score is.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
So If I was to just flat out lie and tell you outrageous things like I was a Light of Dawn with full 277 gear, you would invite me without question?

If I Say "i'll heal' to someone, its because im bored, they are pugging, and stuff is easy. Are you really expecting people to do all the work forming your group for you? Using that Invite button really does take alot of work, I know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]