Rogue hit cap.

85 Human Paladin
I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it, is it still 8%?

Also i'm wondering for Combat spec, if it's different to assassination that is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
To clarify, i'm asking if it's more DPS to hit cap for white damage, or still just yellow.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Assuming 2/3 precision, poison hit cap is 342 hit rating (289 with 3/3 precision).
That's to get 17% for poisons, after that hit becomes less valuable than alternative stats.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981678533#2
Edited by Verelyse on 12/2/2010 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Melee / Spell
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I hear reading your character sheet is hard.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight

Yellow Spell White
3/3 Precision 241 (2%) 1127 (11%) 2523 (21%)
2/3 Precision 481 (4%) 1332 (13%) 2763 (23%)

The above table gives the amount of hit rating required to reach yellow, spell, and white hit cap for the first tier of bosses. These caps will increase as we progress to higher tiers of content. While Assassination rogues do predominately poison spell damage, given that spell hit's value is close to mastery's and both are well behind Agility, it is conceivable that we won't get to spell hit cap.

from EJ forums
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Assuming 2/3 precision, poison hit cap is 342 hit rating (289 with 3/3 precision).
That's to get 17% for poisons, after that hit becomes less valuable than alternative stats.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981678533#2

Then something is a miss with mine at 355 hit rating and it showing +15.54% if it's supposed to be at 17%.............................
Melee / Spell
To elaborate, since I hadn't noticed this before either, you need (approx.) 30.76 hit rating for 1% of melee hit and 26.23 hit rating for 1% of spell hit. So they're calculated differently, 17% spell hit (poison cap) should even out to around 15.2% melee hit (counting precision).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Honestly can someone help me lol, like i feel like a noob when it comes to my rogue caps... idk what anything is... like confused with yellow. white? like idk where that is on the cap.... so confused/

Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/24/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Playaaplay
Honestly can someone help me lol, like i feel like a noob when it comes to my rogue caps... idk what anything is... like confused with yellow. white? like idk where that is on the cap.... so confused/

Yellow hit is special attacks from any class.
White hits is just auto attacks
Spell Hit for rogues is poisons. Although it IS yellow hit. We refer it to as spell hit because it is based on a different level of hit rating to cap

Yellow hit cap is a must for all specs
Spell hit cap is a must for assassination spec. While good for the other two specs. There are better alternatives.
White hit is the weakest stat to aim for.

Yellow hit cap is practically impossible not to cap out if you're in purples at all.
Spell hit is a must for assassination, I think it's 3rd best stat for combat and pretty weak for Subtlety.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]