Top mage race in cata

85 Human Warlock
Going to start leveling a mage and was wondering what the top race was, I know gnomes have a 5% int buff so I was thinking that might be the race to go with.

This is for PVE only btw.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Sprint or rocket jump.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Goblin. Rocket off the GCD and passive haste. Win.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Sprint or rocket jump.

confirm

for pve.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Trolls.

20% casting haste racial is like a Mage's wet dream.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
For PvP, Goblin or Worgen.

For PvE, Goblin or Troll. 1% Haste all the time (plus the rockets) versus 20% haste for 10 seconds every 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
For pure PvE the troll racial is pretty amazing, and I think is likely more DPS than both the goblin active and passive combined.

For alliance then you're probably looking at Worgen or Draenai. Worgen get 1% crit, Draenai get 1% hit. Both get something somewhat useful for an active ability (although the Draenai one would be a lot more useful if it was off the GCD again)
Reply Quote
16 Troll Hunter
Going to start leveling a mage and was wondering what the top race was, I know gnomes have a 5% int buff so I was thinking that might be the race to go with.

This is for PVE only btw.

is it still 5% int? i thought they changed it to like 5% mana or something
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/02/2010 5:37 PMPosted by Loathing
For pure PvE the troll racial is pretty amazing, and I think is likely more DPS than both the goblin active and passive combined.

Even if they averaged out to be the same dps the troll one would still be better because it provides a big controllable increase in damage when you most need it. Stacking Time Warp + Icy Veins + Berserking for a 70% haste boost is incredible burst.

If you were well geared in Wrath, you would easily exceed the global cool down and would never stack all those.

I'm not saying Trolls aren't awesome (I'd never say that).

Orcs, with their buffed SP cool down look good.

Goblins are just awesome.

Tough choices.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]