Deathwing Spotted

42 Night Elf Druid
So far I have heard of him spotted in wetlands and EP only.

I am sure we all want our achievement/feat so if you get it please post the date, time and location of where you got it so we can try to find a pattern to where and when he decides to go all emo on the zone.
Reply Quote
57 Dwarf Shaman
Deathwing is suppose to be entirely random, basically a roll of the dice to where he would be.

Blues said there wasn't an exact pattern to when and where he would show, that when he showed up, he's just there.

so...I don't think it's all that possible to try and pinpoint where he'd be and when.
Edited by Gêno on 12/2/2010 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
Do we know if ALL zones in old world are vulnerable?
What about OGR/UC or SW/IF can they also be attacked or is it only open zones?
I also heard that he spaws about 3 to 6 hours...I also heard 12 hours.

Hence why I was trying to see if there was a potential pattern there that could be found at least for the times at which he appears. I am sure the zone is probably random but I am willing to bet at least his spawn time is not that random.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I know a guildy got the achieve in Blasted Lands /afk a few days ago
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Hes completely and utterly random, he could attack at anytime in any place. Hell if he wanted he could attack 20 times a day, or just once. its pointless to try and pinpoint some sort of pattern as there isnt one at all. Tbh the best strat you can do is what hassellhoff suggested and just afk in a random zone for the next week or two til you get lucky enough to get toasted.

The event happens in litterally 10 seconds so a channel saying where he is isnt going to help unless your litterally on the border of the area about to cross over and the person reporting it can type at lightning speeds.

Just let this happen at random sometime in the next 2 years, by then my claims of there being no pattern will have probably of been proven false and you can all laugh at me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Guildie just saw him in Stonetalon mountains, near the volcano.

Quoted "I got nailed in the lava area by the volcano. Then the entire place erupted into boiling lava for 30-45 seconds."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Morroes is correct. My alt, Aurorae, just picked up the achievement. I was in the Charred Vale, in the area with all of the lava. I got one-shot in the midst of another combat and never saw the dragon. Then the entire lava field erupted all at once for about 30-45 seconds. The eruption was amazing and I'd not seen one in the 10-15 minutes I was there before DW showed up.

While I have no idea whether DW is random or not, the MASSIVE eruption in Charred Vale suggests to me that this might be a good spot to stake out for him. Best of luck, everyone:D

Edit: Time was 3:30 server.
Edited by Autumnreign on 12/3/2010 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I know a guildy got the achieve in Blasted Lands /afk a few days ago

I was sad about that. I was fairly close to the blasted lands, but I knew I couldn't get there in time to die.

Edit: I don't think he attacks the major cities, so you'd have to get out into the world to see him.
Edited by Brettman on 12/3/2010 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
/join deathwing

Good idea. I sat in there around 6pm server time and someone reported DW coming to EPL at 7pm server. I hung out in Tanaris (right inside Gadgetzan) and DW came in at 11pm server.

It was about 4 hours and 5 minutes apart.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/04/2010 11:41 PMPosted by Beefstrike
seems pointless to post, seeing as he's gone within 20seconds and its completely random

lewl

Yes and no. Posting the location doesn't help currently, but I see the purpose as tracking times between when he shows up. It might help us to predict when he might show up again... maybe he has a 2-3 hr respawn timer?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
wow i made a long ass post on this topic a couple days ago to this thread and it didnt post... /sadface

anyway, deathwing is completely random where he will attack and when, could attack every hour, could attack every 6 hours, or he could just nap for the whole day. its more or less somewhere in the coding every 15 minutes? or so its rolls some numbers and if it likes what it sees it will spawn him somewhere in the world randomly.

no set schedule, no patterns, just utter random bull%!## like most "achievements" in games nowadays. Just let it happen randomly someday when your out farming/getting loremaster(which if you arent your going to miss about 50% of this xpacs content).

EDIT: oh #@*@...now I can see my first post i mentioned...gonna leave this here anyway.
Edited by Agathae on 12/6/2010 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]