Deathwing ! Over here ! Hit me!

85 Draenei Shaman
With the new feat of strength to get killed by deathwing, do you think it would be
a good idea to setup a specific realm channel to notify of his appearance so more
people can get this achievement?

I've heard that is going to be hard to get in his destructive path if you're not in
the zone he's destroying but it would be nice to get a heads up and try to get there
in time. Just call it 'Deathwing'?

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
http://www.thedailyblink.com/2010/11/double-secret-reverse-psychology/

I thought of this after seeing your post. :)
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
With the new feat of strength to get killed by deathwing, do you think it would be
a good idea to setup a specific realm channel to notify of his appearance so more
people can get this achievement?

I've heard that is going to be hard to get in his destructive path if you're not in
the zone he's destroying but it would be nice to get a heads up and try to get there
in time. Just call it 'Deathwing'?

Unfortunately, you can't get there in time. If someone sees him and his red aura of doom, it's too late for you to get there. He'll be gone before you can leave a city to fly there. He's been seen in the Barrens, EPL, WPL, Badlands, Arathi, and the Burning Steppes, so far as I know. One of my guildies got the achievement in EPL, and I personally missed it by being indoors in Andorhal while AFK.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
lol I decided to post about it after viewing that comic yesterday.

Is there a zone wide emote that alerts people that he has arrived or is a warning not
needed because the whole sky turns orange? Also for how many weeks will he be terrorizing azeroth? Is this only until Cataclysm releases? I want to be able to fly up to him.

Reply Quote
Unfortunately, unless you happen to have your hearth set in a zone he's about to hit, or are logged out there and have a buddy watching for you, there is no way to reactively net yourself this achievement; from the time the sky turns red, it's about sixty seconds until he nukes the zone. Fire persists for about another sixty seconds following that, but it appears as though you must get hit by the initial blast to score the achievement; standing in the flamewake afterwards doesn't appear to be fatal.
Reply Quote
While on my hunter in EPL Deathy flew by. Sadly me and Illy were in the wrong area of EPL when he hit. We were going up by Northpass when the skies turned red and fire popped up. She saw his outline go by over head but alas, we did not die.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
The FoS is available until he's killable in Cata. There isn't an emote, the only way you know is the fact that the zone turns a very noticeable shade of red.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
One of our guildies got hit in Winterspring yesterday, and yeah there's no way to really be prepared or get there in time. Just gotta be out in the world in and get lucky (or unlucky) with the RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, I remember the sky going red, and Hanz and me going "What is that?" Then Deathwing does a yell before attacking. Took me a bit to find the yell, but here it is "The sun has set on this mortal world, fools. Make peace with your end, for the hour of Twilight falls." And I do remember seeing him fly over. And he is a lot larger than I thought he would be, he look up most of the screen zoomed out and still didn't get all of him on it.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Hunter
I got the achievement and there is not time to get to where it is happening. Everything turned red and I had time to look around and think uh-oh, and i was dead. I felt so lucky. lol!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
He also torches the following places, specifically:

Twilight Highlands - Krazzworks (werks?) (Friend posted a pic on her FB of it on fire)
Uldum - Ramkahen ( I was hovering over the lake, and he roasted Rhi. I was alt tabbed looking at YouTube, it scared the hell out of me).

I've been camping Ramkahen ever since he got Rhi (because this guy's my achiev toon), but thus far, no luck :<.

Edit: Ramkahen is it. He got my Hunter there the other day. GDI DW, Light my Rogue on fire. MY ROGUE! THIS GUY! *raeg*
Edited by Dominitari on 2/18/2011 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]