Warrior or rogue for raid DPS

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I was just curious which one pumps out more numbers and utility at 85
Edited by Lolicaust on 12/3/2010 1:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
Warriors are tearing it up, even arms with collosus smash. (Please god nerf that ability)

Rogues are having troubles pve currently, lacking any sort of group buff, and until their damage returns they're having trouble in general.

Blizzard refuses to give them group utility and took away the one thing they had going for them, massive dps to make up for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hmmm I know rogues have been getting the nerf bat but didnt know it was THAT bad lol, I guess I need to get the last few levels on my war and make it my main
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's bad. I'm currently lvling a warrior as well. But warriors just got like a 17% nerf to like EVERYTHING didn't they?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Warriors were far more than 17% ahead of rogues in dps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Yea...no

The DPS is close, but I'd say rogues have an advantage when it comes to mitigating raid damage...which there is a lot of (unavoidable at that).

It's not to the point where I'd say it's completely one sided, but if I had a choice of bringing 3 rogues and a warrior or 3 warriors and a rogue, I'd go with the former.

Unfortunately, the plebs on these forums will victimize themselves and point to one flaw in their class or exaggerate the power of one single ability before accepting the fact that they're just bad at the game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mutilate and Fury are both perfectly fine in PvE dps, have solid utility (main difference is emergency tanking/rogue control; both have good self-heals), and will remain that way for most of the expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
It's not to the point where I'd say it's completely one sided, but if I had a choice of bringing 3 rogues and a warrior or 3 warriors and a rogue, I'd go with the former.

Well durr. Less loot competition for you.

As for mutilate being perfectly fine for PvE, wasn't the EJ simulation for mutilate the only rogue one they thought was essentially accurate? And also in the bottom three for PvE DPS? This is at level 85 of course.
Edited by Ryba on 12/3/2010 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Warriors were far more than 17% ahead of rogues in dps.

it was done to counteract the buffs they got to bide them over until cata as their dps at 85 is based around having an ability they don't have yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]