Can a US Bnet Account play on EU Servers?

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Hunter
OOB
I'm a US player currently but will be doing a year of school in Spain. I was wondering if there was a way for me to play on an EU server there using my current Bnet account or not.
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Yes and no. You can play on the EU servers with your Battle.net account, but not your North American WoW account. You would need to purchase and pay for a separate EU WoW account in order to play on the EU servers. You could alternately continue to play your NA WoW account from the EU; there's nothing (other than network latency) preventing you from doing so.
Blizzard Employee
Correct!
Yes and no. You can play on the EU servers with your Battle.net account, but not your North American WoW account. You would need to purchase and pay for a separate EU WoW account in order to play on the EU servers. You could alternately continue to play your NA WoW account from the EU; there's nothing (other than network latency) preventing you from doing so.

85 Dwarf Hunter
OOB
Thank you for the uber fast reply =D
72 Tauren Druid
I do not want to sound silly...
But here I go.
So if i were to use a battlenet account originally created within the united states, I would need to use another email to start a european wow account? I know i would need to rebuy all the expansions.

In other words, can i buy a european wow account / expansions on the same battlenet i use for my american wow?
Edited by Ccoolwhip on 12/4/2010 11:36 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Battle.net accounts themselves are not region specific. You can add any regional version of the game to your battle.net account. You can have both a US account and an EU account under one battle.net account. I myself have both types of accounts under one b.net account.
72 Tauren Druid
Okay, my trial account for Euro Wow has been suspended, and I sent an explanation to EU support explaining my situation.
I was RAF'd if this alters anything.
I had the full intention of paying for all the expansions including Cata after my trial ended too! =)
72 Tauren Druid
bump, sorry for annoyance
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Ccoolwhip, nobody on the US forums can help you with a suspended EU account. You need to work with that region's folks.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
Your post makes me think you can help me.

I live in the US but have friends in Europe with whom I'd like to play.

I have purchased a full set of Eu software and I want to load it but also keep my US account. I set up an account on eu.battle.net.

However, when I load the EU software it overwrites my US software. I did point the EU software to a directory other than the one in which my US software was.

Can you help me with some advice about loading two separate WoW accounts?
36 Gnome Rogue
One, please don't necro threads that are almost a month old.

Two, you'll have to ask tech support about this one. While the CS reps here are knowledgeable, their expertise is mostly directed towards in-game issues.
Edited by Thelootgnome on 12/31/2010 4:49 AM PST
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Hmm....

Use the installer to install the 2nd copy of wow to a different file location then the other.

Make a short cut to the 2nd folder on your desktop and call it Wow Europe

Open that folder and right click the launcher and go run as admin each time you want to run the 2nd copy.

After running the 2nd copy and going back to the main copy open the wow folder and right click as admin

That's the only thing I can think of off hand keeping both installs seperate.

You could try changing the realm list file as well as the enUS folder in the Data folder but that's only if you're switching between 2 english installs. If you're switching between say US and a French realm then you'll possibly need to have 2 different wow installs.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
90 Human Death Knight
The trick to installing two versions of WoW from different regions is after you install the first and log onto it at least once is to temporarily change the folder name for that installation. Then you install the second region. Once installed, you can change the original install back to what it was. This problem arises with registry entries that are made by the first install.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks for your helpful responses. I did try to load to separate file locations, but the pesky downloader always seems to find it's way to the original install. I will definitely try your suggestions.
25 Blood Elf Hunter
I currently have a US WoW and battle.net account. I purchased and intstalled new game discs to my new computer and then when it came time to enter the authentication keys I realized the games were in the EU region. I currently have customer support trying to exchange my EU keys for US keys, but this won't fix my problem of attempting to log in under the wrong server. How can I fix this? Thank you.
90 Human Death Knight
I currently have a US WoW and battle.net account. I purchased and intstalled new game discs to my new computer and then when it came time to enter the authentication keys I realized the games were in the EU region. I currently have customer support trying to exchange my EU keys for US keys, but this won't fix my problem of attempting to log in under the wrong server. How can I fix this? Thank you.

It would have been better to create your own thread, just some friendly fyi.

You can install the US client from account management. You will want to re-name or delete the current WoW folder first.
25 Blood Elf Hunter
Wouldnt I have to buy it all over again that way?
25 Blood Elf Hunter
I have deleted the old WoW folder and am currently downloading the US game client, hope this works, lol. Thanks for the advice.
85 Human Priest
I understand that I need to purchase a separate account to play on an EU server, but do I have to re-install the game or is there a way a US install can switch regions?
90 Tauren Druid
please do not necro old threads, start a new one.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]