Lets put a Limit on the Leveling Speed to 85?

58 Tauren Death Knight
What about healing can't have healers leeching exp by not doing DPS, otherwise I approve, this thread meets the high standard of posts that I've come to expect from you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
A damage cap? Don't you mean experience cap?
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warlock
.... instead of limitation by dmg, y not just limit by level? lol...
Reply Quote
What about healing can't have healers leeching exp by not doing DPS, otherwise I approve, this thread meets the high standard of posts that I've come to expect from you.

Yes, I already thought of that and have come up with a solution.

Whenever a Healing Specced character is in a Group Healing people, he will have his Damage Limit for the day increased by the average damage done by all the group members.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Boo, I read this thread without seeing who the OP was. if I had looked I could have just skipped it as more random trolling nonsense from zolaf :(
Reply Quote
It isn't Blizzard's responsibility to babysit their customers by imposing arbitrary limits designed to prevent them from making unwise life decisions.

Simply put, if you do not have the self control to make wise choices about how you spend your time, that is not Blizzards fault, nor their liability.

Make smart choices, don't blame someone else for providing you with opportunities to make foolish ones.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is basically the same as saying, let's put a limit on how much alcohol you can buy in a 24 hour period because even though 30% of the population doesn't drink and 60% of the population drinks in moderation and can purchase alcohol for a party they intend to host without drinking it all the morning before the party starts, ~10% of the population has addictive tendencies and has difficulty controlling their alcohol consumption, so noone should ever be allowed to buy a keg.

Why aren't you banned yet Zolaf, I'm sure I've reported you for trolling enough.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

Whenever a Healing Specced character is in a Group Healing people, he will have his Damage Limit for the day increased by the average damage done by all the group members.

Are self heals included in that? I have to think of these things once they make this change, I need to see if using Recup will still be worth it or not, and also, how does natural healing and overkill damage factor into the equations?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
Why aren't you banned yet Zolaf, I'm sure I've reported you for trolling enough.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Zolaf you are missing the fact that small gnomes level faster due to being smarter and ,since they are short they require less experience to get full
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue

Heh.

Reply Quote

Are self heals included in that? I have to think of these things once they make this change, I need to see if using Recup will still be worth it or not, and also, how does natural healing and overkill damage factor into the equations?

No, Self Heals are not included. The character has to be Specced into a Healing Specialization and in a group leaching off of experience from Damage Dealers to get the "special treatment" mentioned above.

Overkill Damage...that's a very good question.

I don't want to punish players for getting big crits and i'm sure the Developers wouldn't like that either. Therefore, overkill damage will not apply to the Damage Limit Per Day.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
What about pet dmg
Reply Quote
It isn't Blizzard's responsibility to babysit their customers by imposing arbitrary limits designed to prevent them from making unwise life decisions.

Simply put, if you do not have the self control to make wise choices about how you spend your time, that is not Blizzards fault, nor their liability.

Make smart choices, don't blame someone else for providing you with opportunities to make foolish ones.

That's where you are wrong.

As I'm sure you've heard of, McDonalds has been sued before for causing a customer to eat so much McDonalds that he/she became obese. The customer won the case and was rewarded a hefty sum.

You have to make sure you enforce some limits and warnings on your products, otherwise you are putting peoples safety at risk.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

No, Self Heals are not included. The character has to be Specced into a Healing Specialization and in a group leaching off of experience from Damage Dealers to get the "special treatment" mentioned above.

Overkill Damage...that's a very good question.

I don't want to punish players for getting big crits and i'm sure the Developers wouldn't like that either. Therefore, overkill damage will not apply to the Damage Limit Per Day.

That's good to know, I wouldn't want to cause myself more trouble when leveling by not doing calculations properly.

Another thing that will have to be checked on is if the damage meter will only increase on mobs that give experience, or if greys will be included. I for one would like to be able to continue doing old quests while I wait for my new day of leveling up, so try to make sure grey mobs are excluded.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

As I'm sure you've heard of, McDonalds has been sued before for causing a customer to eat so much McDonalds that he/she became obese. The customer won the case and was rewarded a hefty sum.

You have to make sure you enforce some limits and warnings on your products, otherwise you are putting peoples safety at risk.

I had to do a case study of this for college, it wasn't because the individual got obese. The case revolved around McDonalds heating their coffee to absurd levels and the plaintiff got severely burned from it and sued.
Edited by Fearlocked on 12/3/2010 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

Don't forget about the lady that burned her crotch with their hot coffee, she got a bunch of cash for being dumb as well!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Or we could expect players to be either reasonable adults or taken care of by reasonable adults and let them manage their own time accordingly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]