Lets put a Limit on the Leveling Speed to 85?

85 Human Mage
So instead of quickly leveling one character, they'll level a handful at once... spending the same amount of time "neglecting" real life. Cap one, move to the next and cap it, move to the next.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Hi, maybe take some responsibility for your retarded actions and don't be an idiot about leveling if you can't handle it...

Everyone wants someone else to do *!@* for them. Whether it be casual bad pvpers who want end game gear handed to them...to I guess now leveling? You don't have to kill yourself and it's definitely not the responsibility of blizzard to baby sit you.

This is the most ridiculous post i've seen besides the kid that said healers shouldn't be allow in bgs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We are going to be playing this expansion for pretty much the next two years - why does it matter whether leveling to 85 takes 1 week or 3?

We're still going to be 85 for the next 100 weeks.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
No one is making you play. It's a choice. Your choice. If you are ignoring family members, especially children, to play a game there are deeper issues here. And if it wasn't WoW, it would be something else.

Don't be an idiot. And that's a rule to live by.

Reply Quote
That's where you are wrong.

As I'm sure you've heard of, McDonalds has been sued before for causing a customer to eat so much McDonalds that he/she became obese. The customer won the case and was rewarded a hefty sum.

You have to make sure you enforce some limits and warnings on your products, otherwise you are putting peoples safety at risk.

I had to do a case study of this for college, it wasn't because the individual got obese. The case revolved around McDonalds heating their coffee to absurd levels and the plaintiff got severely burned from it and sued.

No thats something different.

Here is a very recent one of a former McDonalds manager sueing them for making him Fat and winning 17,500 Dollars.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/obesity-tort-law-tort-class-action/10/29/2010/id/30852

That's what happens when you don't put limits on your products.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
There is no way I would take off SCHOOL to level. I am sure by the time i get the game on tuesday and install it after i get home from SCHOOL there will be people lvl 85. I don't care really I because by the following week I will be 85 anyway.

Real Life is far more important then this game, and Blizzard shouldn't be putting in mechanics to reduce stupidity.
Edited by Azliaris on 12/3/2010 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

As I'm sure you've heard of, McDonalds has been sued before for causing a customer to eat so much McDonalds that he/she became obese. The customer won the case and was rewarded a hefty sum.

You have to make sure you enforce some limits and warnings on your products, otherwise you are putting peoples safety at risk.
Actually the case was thrown out of court because it was retarded (much like all of your threads)

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-09-04/justice/mcdonalds.suit_1_obesity-suit-samuel-hirsch-explicit-allegations?_s=PM:LAW
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
No thats something different.
Here is a very recent one of a former McDonalds manager sueing them for making him Fat and winning 17,500 Dollars.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/obesity-tort-law-tort-class-action/10/29/2010/id/30852

That's what happens when you don't put limits on your products.

Wow....that's unbelievalble.

But it's also sad and unbelievable that you believe freedoms must be curtailed because people "don't know any better" or "can't control themselves."

1984 here we come!
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

Actually the case was thrown out of court because it was retarded (much like all of your threads)

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-09-04/justice/mcdonalds.suit_1_obesity-suit-samuel-hirsch-explicit-allegations?_s=PM:LAW

People might take offense from the use of the R word.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
ITT Zolaf tries to make WoW into FFXIV
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Wow....that's unbelievalble.

But it's also sad and unbelievable that you believe freedoms must be curtailed because people "don't know any better" or "can't control themselves."

1984 here we come!
Its also in brazil, not the US. Someone tried this in the US and it was thrown out of court before it wwas even close to being tried.
Edited by Jinrop on 12/3/2010 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
And put this thread in general ffs. This has nothing to do with damage dealing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm not real sure how we can make any analogies between leveling to 85 and eating burgers at MccyD's.

It's in Blizzard's best interest to control the rate at which their content is absorbed. This is why raids reset every 7 days and heroics reset daily.

Nothing is going to be changed to slow down leveling to 85. In fact, I'm under the opinion that Blizzard wants it to be fast. They scheduled the next Arena / RBG season to open 1 week after launch for crying out loud.

That screams they want a good crowd of players to be 85 by December 14.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Its also in brazil, not the US. Someone tried this in the US and it was thrown out of court before it wwas even close to being tried.

Well, that makes me feel better. McDonalds doesn't hide the fact their food is near poison and if eaten daily will contribute to your eventual death. As long as the company is upfront about this I see no problem with them conducting business as usual.

If you smoke, drink, do drugs or eat to excess you are killing yourself with the key wording here being "YOURSELF". It's up to you to make sure you don't destroy your own body, any case brought up against a company that sells a product that is harmful but doesn't try to mask the fact that it is harmful shouldn't worry about lawsuits being brought up against it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've heard a lot of terrible ideas on the forums, but this one takes the cake.
Reply Quote
What about pet dmg

Yes, pet's are considered a source of your own Damage, therefore it will also be included in the Damage Limit per day.

Another thing that will have to be checked on is if the damage meter will only increase on mobs that give experience, or if greys will be included. I for one would like to be able to continue doing old quests while I wait for my new day of leveling up, so try to make sure grey mobs are excluded.

That's correct. The Damage Limit will only apply to mobs that give experience.

And put this thread in general ffs. This has nothing to do with damage dealing.

Huh? The whole level limiting mechanic is based around how much Damage you do.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

Well, that makes me feel better. McDonalds doesn't hide the fact their food is near poison and if eaten daily will contribute to your eventual death. As long as the company is upfront about this I see no problem with them conducting business as usual.

If you smoke, drink, do drugs or eat to excess you are killing yourself with the key wording here being "YOURSELF". It's up to you to make sure you don't destroy your own body, any case brought up against a company that sells a product that is harmful but doesn't try to mask the fact that it is harmful shouldn't worry about lawsuits being brought up against it.

Tell that to the cigarette companies and my almost $6.00 a pack, smokes.

More people need to vote Libertarian.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Zolaf thread: -100
Dumb idea: -10

Total score: -110

Dislike.

It only takes about 20 hours of playtime, according to those who have experienced beta and PTR, so at most you will have to miss out on only one day of sleep/work/school/life.
Edited by Matuk on 12/3/2010 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Heh heh, this was really funny.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]