Lets put a Limit on the Leveling Speed to 85?

72 Night Elf Druid

Because we all know that if there isn't a limit, everyone will be taking days off work, neglecting their children, neglecting their Girlfriends and Boyfriends, neglecting Family, Schoolwork, and doing very unhealthy things like drinking alot of Coffee or energy drinks.

If this were Vanilla release or BC release, taking days off work would have merits. But its gonna be so fast to level anyway now, its just not a big deal anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
So you were "forced" to join the Air Force because you played a video game too much. You wouldn't have been mature enough to go do other things anyway if they did throttle your leveling time. Joining the military should be something you want to do, not something you were forced to do because you were stupid.
Reply Quote
So you were "forced" to join the Air Force because you played a video game too much. You wouldn't have been mature enough to go do other things anyway if they did throttle your leveling time. Joining the military should be something you want to do, not something you were forced to do because you were stupid.

I said "almost had to join the Air Force"......"almost"

Besides, I don't think the reason you joined the Military has anything to do with anything. As long as you are serving our Country and becoming a strong well mannered citizen prepared to take on life to it's fullest after serving your duty.
Edited by Zolaf on 12/3/2010 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Why is this here?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Its also in brazil, not the US. Someone tried this in the US and it was thrown out of court before it wwas even close to being tried.

Well, that makes me feel better. McDonalds doesn't hide the fact their food is near poison and if eaten daily will contribute to your eventual death. As long as the company is upfront about this I see no problem with them conducting business as usual.

If you smoke, drink, do drugs or eat to excess you are killing yourself with the key wording here being "YOURSELF". It's up to you to make sure you don't destroy your own body, any case brought up against a company that sells a product that is harmful but doesn't try to mask the fact that it is harmful shouldn't worry about lawsuits being brought up against it.

Tell that to the cigarette companies and my almost $6.00 a pack, smokes.

More people need to vote Libertarian.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that anyone would pay $6 a pack for cigarettes.

.. or $2 a pack.
.. or even 50 cents.
Edited by Tuvael on 12/3/2010 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Welcome to the nanny state. Please help me cause I can't help myself... so pathetic.
Edited by Gloridhel on 12/3/2010 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
First off, calm down everyone.

I'm sure as soon as you read the Thread Title you decided to come in here senselessly rage on me.

Just here me out. I'm sure you will come to agree with me if you take the time to listen.

I love BEER/WINE/Alcohol as much as the next guy, but I think the Government should put in a Limit on how much you can drink.

Why?

Because we all know that if there isn't a limit, everyone will be taking days off work, neglecting their children, neglecting their Girlfriends and Boyfriends, neglecting Family, Schoolwork, and doing very unhealthy things like drinking alot of Coffee or energy drinks.

This can and will cause many problems. Trust me, I know from experience.

I remember back when BEER came out, it caused me to nearly get held back a year in High School, and I almost had to join the Air Force due to loosing my Scholarship oppurtunites.

I'm sure you all have also done things you regret from trying to drink too much at a party.

Okay, here's how this Drinking Limit should be implemented:
You can only 2 BEERS per day. By my Calculations that should be .5 on the intoxication level per day.

You may be asking, why limit the consumption of BEER?

With this solution, everyone will be able to get to Drink safely, reasonable rate, while still enjoying the exploration and the new feel of the Expansion.

There fixed it for you. Replaced leveling with Beer. Other possible substitutions include Television, Drugs, or any other common addictive activity.

You really think blizz should be responsible for individuals playing too much or trying to level too fast? People just need to practice a little self control, its not blizzard's issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

None of the above is Blizzard's fault. I'm sorry, but if you're neglecting your children, girlfriends, boyfriends, family, schoolwork because of a video game, there is no one else to blame but yourself.

Take responsibility for your own actions people.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Besides, I don't think the reason you joined the Military has anything to do with anything. As long as you are serving our Country and becoming a strong well mannered citizen prepared to take on life to it's fullest after serving your duty.

I appreciate your attempt to sound like you think joining the military as a good thing, but you sound like a complete idiot to anyone actually serving. You don't need to join the military to be a 'well mannered citizen', you need to have a brain.

As far as your idea, its probably one of the worst things I've ever heard of. Yes, lets promote some sort of dictatorial control over how much someone who PAYS THEIR OWN MONEY for a game can play. Downright genius, let me tell ya.

Edited by Breydan on 12/3/2010 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Its also in brazil, not the US. Someone tried this in the US and it was thrown out of court before it wwas even close to being tried.

Well, that makes me feel better. McDonalds doesn't hide the fact their food is near poison and if eaten daily will contribute to your eventual death. As long as the company is upfront about this I see no problem with them conducting business as usual.

If you smoke, drink, do drugs or eat to excess you are killing yourself with the key wording here being "YOURSELF". It's up to you to make sure you don't destroy your own body, any case brought up against a company that sells a product that is harmful but doesn't try to mask the fact that it is harmful shouldn't worry about lawsuits being brought up against it.

Tell that to the cigarette companies and my almost $6.00 a pack, smokes.

More people need to vote Libertarian.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that anyone would pay $6 a pack for cigarettes.

.. or $2 a pack.
.. or even 50 cents.

Because smoking is still cool! I know that when I walk by a smoker with nappy ass hair, nicotine stained teeth, and smells like a mule I'm thinking "boy, he is soooo cool! NEED ... TO ... BUY ... SMOKES ... TO ... BE ... COOL!!!!"

I

Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

.. or $2 a pack.
.. or even 50 cents.

Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that anyone would pay $15 a month to play this game.

Different people like different things.
Reply Quote
Oh come on.

You guys act like I'm the only one who has ever let WoW become too important in our daily lives.

I'm sure all of you have stayed home from a social event with friends or family, from work, or school just to play WoW. I'm sure you all have forgotten ot decided not to do something very important because of WoW before.

This Level Speed Limiting change would just be an extra precaution to make sure nobody does something they will regret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You know rebel groups in africa are notorious for cutting off limbs of the local populous, forcing them into labor, unwanted militia service, more impoverished living situations or ultimately playing frost mages who's only tactile response is to spam ice lance due to lack of mobility with a keyboard.
I think it would be just another breach of freedom to cap leveling, but if you want something to fictionalize you could just transfer to an rp server where everyone likes to make believe like you. You could have a non-leveling guild ;p
Reply Quote
23 Dwarf Hunter
if your life gets ruined because you play too much of a new expansion in a video game, then your life deserves to be ruined.

learn some self control.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

It's in Blizzard's best interest to control the rate at which their content is absorbed. This is why raids reset every 7 days and heroics reset daily.

you're wrong btw. They put limits on instances / arena points because they don't want people to gear out in BiS for the content in 2 weeks then get bored and quit their monthly payment.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

.. or $2 a pack.
.. or even 50 cents.

Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that anyone would pay $15 a month to play this game.

$15 a month to play a video game that may, in some circumstances, have an adverse effect on your health from lack of physical exercise - or perhaps contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome.

$6 a pack for cigarettes that might last half a day and leave the smoker with extremely poor personal hygiene along with an off-the-chart chance to get lung cancer in the future.

Yeah, quite a comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

.. or $2 a pack.
.. or even 50 cents.

Understandable. Last I checked, World of Warcraft isn't going to land me in a hospital with breathing tubes shoved down my throat that would eventually lead to one of the most agonizing ways to die in 30-40 years.

To each their own, yes. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why people inhale that crap. Different people like different things ... some are just smarter than others when it comes to the things they enjoy to do.

Back to the OP:
Again, gaming isn't the reason why you're making bad choices. YOU are that reason.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

It's in Blizzard's best interest to control the rate at which their content is absorbed. This is why raids reset every 7 days and heroics reset daily.

you're wrong btw. They put limits on instances / arena points because they don't want people to gear out in BiS for the content in 2 weeks then get bored and quit their monthly payment.

Um....

...so keeping people paying their subscription is not in Blizzard's best interest how?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]