Lets put a Limit on the Leveling Speed to 85?

Learn to control yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

$15 a month to play a video game that may, in some circumstances, have an adverse effect on your health from lack of physical exercise - or perhaps contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome.

$6 a pack for cigarettes that might last half a day and leave the smoker with extremely poor personal hygiene along with an off-the-chart chance to get lung cancer in the future.

Yeah, quite a comparison.

I'll take my chances with carpal tunnel syndrome over ending up in a hospital gasping for air while experiencing one of the most agonizing ways to die due to smoking. If you're out of shape because you're playing a video game, it's YOUR fault, not the video game's fault.

Again, personal responsibility people.
Reply Quote
Your near miss with joining the Air Force was probably a good thing if you didn't have the discipline to control your own game time.

Sometimes I wonder about that....

It's weird to sit down and think just how different your life could be right now if just small things went differently.

I could be an Ace Pilot right now, covered with Badges and Honor.

Of course I would purposely injure myself and then claim 80-100% disability and then live the rest of my life in comfort playing WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Sorry, but I hate this idea, I know where you are going at, but they're are many who want to race to 85. So all this practicing, figuring out how to get to 85 the fastest is down the drain. And you can not assume everyone will freak out about it...

One more thing, we are paying $15 a month for this game, I think it would just restrict us if they would put a leveling cap on. And anyway, why are you sugjesting this anyway? Can you not control yourself? Or is it you are thinking of everyone else in the world. I find it some-what selfish, how you want everyone to stay the same level, so you wont be put behind.

Now I'm not sure if this is your intentions, but in my view, it almoust seems this way.

Sorry for any typos/spelling.
Edited by Healzhere on 12/3/2010 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight

Understandable. Last I checked, World of Warcraft isn't going to land me in a hospital with breathing tubes shoved down my throat that would eventually lead to one of the most agonizing ways to die in 30-40 years.

To each their own, yes. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why people inhale that crap. Different people like different things ... some are just smarter than others when it comes to the things they enjoy to do.

The "Smarter" comment is a nice try. You look at the amount of time you "waste" playing video games over the course of your life and I'm sure it's comprable to the amount of time smoking will reduce the average persons life expectancy.

Reply Quote
He's saying you lack the discipline to succeed in the Air Force.

That's not a problem, that's why you join the Air Force, so that you can learn discipline and all that jazz. The Few, the Proud, the Air Force.
Edited by Zolaf on 12/3/2010 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
82 Troll Mage
Zolaf, why are you always trolling?
Reply Quote

Understandable. Last I checked, World of Warcraft isn't going to land me in a hospital with breathing tubes shoved down my throat that would eventually lead to one of the most agonizing ways to die in 30-40 years.

To each their own, yes. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why people inhale that crap. Different people like different things ... some are just smarter than others when it comes to the things they enjoy to do.

The "Smarter" comment is a nice try. You look at the amount of time you "waste" playing video games over the course of your life and I'm sure it's comprable to the amount of time smoking will reduce the average persons life expectancy.

I wouldn't really call playing games a "waste" of your life.

It can lead to friendships, meeting that special someone, and even fame and fortune as a video game commentator.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Mage

Some would say that the Air Force isn't very disciplined at all, which makes that quite a statement.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

I could be an Ace Pilot right now, covered with Badges and Honor.

Of course I would purposely injure myself and then claim 80-100% disability and then live the rest of my life in comfort playing WoW.

You nearly flunked out of high school and you think you would be an ace pilot? Yeah, because our government would put a multi-million dollar piece of equipment in the hands of someone like yourself.

Oh wait, they already have. Maybe you would be a good candidate for pilot.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue
FBI
DAMAGE DEALING FORUM
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
i didn't even read the author of the thread and as i read the post i thought to myself, "man, this has to be zolaf..."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

This is probably the most moronic statement I have ever read on any forum in my lifetime.

The result of my gaming "past time" will give me something new to do later on in life.
The result of smoking is death or a hell of a lot higher chance of it.

You choose the higher chance of death. I choose the higher chance of something else to do later in life.

Maybe someday you'll wake up and realize that gaming doesn't kill you, smoking does. To even think that they are comparable is ridiculous.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Some would say that the Air Force isn't very disciplined at all, which makes that quite a statement.

I both resent and agree with this... lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Blizzard is not responsible for their customers. Period.

It's true that many people will call in sick and blow off family obligations because they can't prioritize their time. But that is their own conscience, terrible decisions. I'm sad to see even a few people in favor of having someone who ''knows better'' shoe horn their way into how people want to play.

I'm going to be out of town until the 10th, and I still have a full workweek to get done. I don't believe I will be one of these people who will need this sort of 'help'. I guess that's just the libertarian in me. Hands off, big business =P.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
What a wonderful idea the OP has. I can't control the way I spend my time so lets have someone control it for me and forget about if it negatively affects others cause I don't care about them. You came up with a neat idea but never really thought it through at all.

I am a busy person who works between 40-70 hours a week depending on the time of year. When the expansions are released over the winter is part of my down time where I only work 40 hours a week, this time I use after an expansion to power level when not at work so that way when I want to do something with my guild later I can. I don't let myself hurt my work, school, or social life. But when I end up getting a day off work and power level from 76-80 in one day because I have the time for once that is my right.

Don't go around suggesting solutions to your life that take away someone else's power to decide what is best for them. You are suggesting something that makes your life easier but never even did basic thinking to see if it has negative effects too. I suggest that if you can't control yourself around a game then find someone you trust, (brother/sister/mom/dad/friend) and have them as an administrator over your account and able to limit your time allowed to play. There you have a system in place already that can help limit play of someone without self control.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]