Smite Hotfix.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Smite's scaling coefficient has been increased. The damage of Smite is now very similar to Heal in value. This change has been made to ensure the Archangel Discipline sub-specialization remains viable.

Anyone got any numbers?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
No numbers. But thanks to Blizzard. This is a step in the right direction. Ghostcrawlers post about the tanking mechanic vengeance was a good idea. But I'd love it if they did something similar with Smite/Atonement and all of the related talents. It's hard to know if something's working when you're unclear as to the designers intentions.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
No numbers. But thanks to Blizzard. This is a step in the right direction. Ghostcrawlers post about the tanking mechanic vengeance was a good idea. But I'd love it if they did something similar with Smite/Atonement and all of the related talents. It's hard to know if something's working when you're unclear as to the designers intentions.

That'd be a very, very specific blog post. =P

The intent is re-confirmed by the way that patch note was worded. They want Priests with Archangel and Atonement to be able to Smite instead of casting Heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like it.

If the atonement heal range is no longer a problem then disc will be pretty amazing and fun to play.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
I read this, logged on my priest.

Smite still hits for 4k, heal hits for 6.5k. Smite is 150% the mana cost of heal.

Still not worth using at all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, and with Atonement it ends up costing way less than heal.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Smite's scaling coefficient has been increased. The damage of Smite is now very similar to Heal in value. This change has been made to ensure the Archangel Discipline sub-specialization remains viable.

Huzzah!!!

I'd hold off on the testing stuff until a week or two when everyone's 85 again :)
Reply Quote
65 Undead Death Knight

Smite still hits for 4k, heal hits for 6.5k. Smite is 150% the mana cost of heal.

Is your priest 85?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

Is your priest 85?

Smite's **scaling** coefficient has been increased. The damage of Smite is now very similar to Heal in value.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Your server might not have been restarted yet. The change won't take effect until then.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest

At 5 stacks of Evangelism, my Smite hits for 6k, my Heal hits for about 5.6k. Smite costs 0.5% more base mana than Heal.
Edited by Believe on 12/3/2010 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
They still need to increase atonement's range. I've used smite on the larger mobs and no one was being healed because they are out of range.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Woe
what would be awesome is if smite had a built-in 'target of target' use, similar to the macros everyone has whipped up, except that the atonement heal would specifically heal who you had targeted as long as they were within range for the heal. Using the macro, targeting the enemy or them being out of range would let it fall back to its.. 'smart'.. heal use.
Reply Quote
The keyword being "remains". How can something "remain" viable, if it was never viable from the beginning?

If this "fix" wasn't just throwing us a bone, Smite's range would've been adjusted to 40yds, as well.

They still need to increase atonement's range. I've used smite on the larger mobs and no one was being healed because they are out of range.

Yes, Atonement's range needs to be increased, too.
Edited by Zardonis on 12/3/2010 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

Mobs with large hit boxes seem to be causing havok with several spells and abilities based on range from the mob.

They need to adjust 'range' to mean from the edge of the hit box, not the center of the mob.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The keyword being "remains". How can something "remain" viable, if it was never viable from the beginning?

It was always viable.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127155129

Yes, Atonement's range needs to be increased, too.

Pretty much the only issue remaining at this point. I have faith it'll be addressed.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest

That'd be a very, very specific blog post. =P

The intent is re-confirmed by the way that patch note was worded. They want Priests with Archangel and Atonement to be able to Smite instead of casting Heal.

Oooooo how very interesting. I was wondering with Penance being Disc's go-to spell how they wanted Heal to be used in the rotation. I'm quite tempted to try this out again seeing as how they don't seem to care about fixing poor Holy Word: Serenity...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

It was always viable.

I think that statement was actually quoted from the blue post, not a reflection of the OP's opinion of the spell.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127155129

Good post. Nice to see I'm not the only one fighting the good fight :)
Edited by Fatherfranz on 12/3/2010 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Gotta correct myself, after a 3-stack of Grace, my Heal/Smite (on 5 Evang) are almost exactly the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like to think it was our input in that last thread which you started that helped spawn this hotfix. Believing that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :)

^5 Franz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]