** Dungeon 1 Set -- Move to UBRS or BWL?

Hey guys,

I really miss the ability to collect Dungeon 1 set (Magister's Regalia, Lightforge, etc). For a lot of players, Dungeon 1 represented the first really neat accomplishment you could earn -- and the first time that their character stopped looking dorky, and started looking hella sweet.

With 4.0.3a, these amazing sets were removed from the game. I understand that the dungeons have been adjusted in level, so having level 60 blues dropping from level 40 dungeons doesn't make any sense.

But why not just move Dungeon 1 to UBRS or BWL? It would be level appropriate, and would allow the people who really appreciated these sets to continue earning them for themselves and their alts.

Please? =D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I would rather they just add them to new vendor with updated stats at level 85 that you can buy with justice points for a starter set. Actually be useful instead of sitting in my bank or in my bags like 99 percent of the time.
Edited by Babydoll on 12/2/2010 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
i really think they just should not get rid of sets like that those are the coolest of them i was saddened when i found out how they got rid of the Vanilla raids i was like wow those were the fun days... imo they should just keep a 85 version and their 60 versions up so lower levels can still go in them and collect the gear like the Hakari Blades in ZG those were like pre Warglaives but they should have it to where its also a 60 raid still. just saying but i agree with ya when they need to move T1 there to UBRS as a ike 25% chance and cant use till 60 would be much appreciated to do that aswell since i think T1 for all classes looked coolest
Edited by Poîson on 12/3/2010 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would rather they just add them to new vendor with updated stats at level 85 that you can buy with justice points for a starter set. Actually be useful instead of sitting in my bank or in my bags like 99 percent of the time.

Please don't make comments on the forums about wanting art for gear reused. You're going to responsible for Molten Core returning as a level 85 instance, except this time, it floated into the air, and now we have to recollect our T1 sets, but it will look the same and be called T11.

And you are going to not feel like a unique snowflake if they let people see cool armor graphics again several years after they were relevant. How terrible, I am shedding a single tear for you right now.

*@!%ty blue armor isn't going to have a unique look no matter what is done in most cases, what is wrong with reusing old armor graphics for them?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think the reason for the removal of it is because the heirlooms are being named after the Dungeon 1 set with about the same look as the dungeon 1 set. If anything looks like the dungeon 1 set has been transformed into the heirloom set.
Reply Quote
The heirloom sets don't cover every class, though, right? It was pretty crappy having to level my Mage and Holy Priest alts in warlock heirlooms. =/ All clothies are warlocks, according to the heirlooms.
Reply Quote
It seems unilely that Blizzard would bring a set of items back into the game just for nostalgia.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I find a lot of things about Cataclysm to be disappointing. This is on the list of disappointments.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
D1.5 imo! rawr! That should be a feat of strength .. or 3.
Reply Quote
Spread the pieces out between UBRS and LBRS; there's certainly enough bosses to add them to.
Reply Quote
12/04/2010 8:26 AMPosted by Llynnain
Spread the pieces out between UBRS and LBRS; there's certainly enough bosses to add them to.

And it would be level appropriate! People would get a chance to actually enjoy these items. Even if they don't like the stats, they can still collect the sets for fun.

Also, don't forget that there are roleplayers out there who would love to have these sets for roleplay reasons!
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2010 9:54 AMPosted by Hinoishi
It seems unilely that Blizzard would bring a set of items back into the game just for nostalgia.

How about leaving stuff in the game for those of us who do not want to grind 61-85?
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
this was one of the few things i strongly disliked about the 1-60 revamp. click to complete quest? npc's that leave mist trails to where quest objectives are? npc's that port you back and forth? these are all awesome. but the dungeon 1 sets? i remember stepping into ironforge for the first time back in early 2005 and seeing a human warrior in a set of full valor and thinking "wow, that's so cool!"

i understand taking them out since gandling and rivendare have been tweeked. but why not just move them to other level appropriate dungeons like sunken temple or blackrock spire like the OP suggested?

the itemization of outland greens but these to shame but they were so pretty and distinct from a design perspective. it would be wonderful to see them back in game somehow.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/04/2010 10:15 PMPosted by Myrandrien
12/03/2010 9:54 AMPosted by Hinoishi

How about leaving stuff in the game for those of us who do not want to grind 61-85?

Your language here implies that it would be less of a "grind" to run these stupid dungeons tons of times to get a set of gear, when in reality it takes all of about 24 hours to level from 60-80.
Edited by Gimpheala on 12/5/2010 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Even collecting the Dungeon Set's weren't all that hard. But sometimes people reroll characters, move to new servers, etc -- and it's nice to be able to re-earn that gear for fun.

So why remove it? What possible reason could there be for destroying these sets?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh god I hope they don't move dungeon set 1 to BWL. BWL is where Teir 2 drops. It is kind of sad seeing a bunch of noobs who have no idea how to do the enounter wtf pwn an old raid boss.

Or in the case of Twin Emperors get wtf pwned because the brought all melee or all casters, let them twin heal the whole time, and no long understand what raid balancing is.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think eventually you can have a whole hierloom set of dungeon set 1 gear
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
yeah, we don't bother tanking the twins apart anymore, we've been grinding for the mount in there and just bring 6 guilds so we can blow them up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]