Prot paladins do too much DPS at lower levels

36 Human Warlock
Every time I run dungeons and a Prot Pali is tanking they top DPS, it is either Avengers shield or HoTR one of those spells needs a nerf at L35-45ish.
Edited by Lazio on 12/2/2010 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Every time I run dungeons and a Prot Pali is tanking they top DPS, it is either Avengers shield or HoTR one of those spells needs a nerf at L35-45ish.

hop on the band wagon and laid back.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My warrior tank is 46 and has been top dps in most of the dungeons I've run. I'm just using the boa hammer and haste trinkets.

This has been fairly common for quite a long time.
Reply Quote
Tanks topping DPS meters in levelling content has been normal since at least BC, if not Vanilla, it's nothing to get worked up about.
Reply Quote
41 Human Paladin
Prot warriors do even more. Can't speak for feral druids, but my prot warrior was consistantly pulling around 60% of the group's damage.
Reply Quote

If your running dungeons w/ a tank and he's doing decent or better dps, holding aggro what exactly are you complaining about? Why are you complaining?

Oh because you're trollin' trollin' trollin'...

;) gotcha.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
1. Unless the DPS is shooting things that the tank hasn't hit yet, the tank will get 1-2 shots in before everyone else (this is how it should be)

2. If everything dies in 10 seconds, of course the guy getting there first will do more damage.

3. Avenger's shield and Hammer do good multi-target DPS, and at lower levels, a lot of classes don't have ANY good AoE.

So yeah, don't get worked up over it. Just do the best you can.
Reply Quote
I am OP in dungeons
Reply Quote
43 Tauren Paladin
I have to go with

Oh because you're trollin' trollin' trollin'...
Reply Quote
36 Human Warlock
I am not trolling.

Prot Paladins simply do a ridiculous amount of DPS.

Tanks getting 2 hits off aside, I said DPS not Damage Done.

I am talking about Mages, Hunters, Feral Druids in BoA gear and blues playing properly vs a Prot Pali in equal gear or slightly worse gear. On every pull the Paladin does minimum just as much damage, and at best twice the damage on bigger packs. 400dps vs 800dps.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I have to agree...it's pretty crazy. I just hit level 10 on my new pally, specced prot, and went out to throw a shield around just to see what the damage was like. I lol'd when I 1-shot a level 9 wolf when I chunked my first captain america's shield.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It is out of scale at low levels. By the time you hit ~60-70 it's fine again I think. My lowbie warrior tank is just as OP at low levels. I was able to 1-shot mobs with Revenge, if it crit, in some cases.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I am not trolling.

Prot Paladins simply do a ridiculous amount of DPS.

Tanks getting 2 hits off aside, I said DPS not Damage Done.

I am talking about Mages, Hunters, Feral Druids in BoA gear and blues playing properly vs a Prot Pali in equal gear or slightly worse gear. On every pull the Paladin does minimum just as much damage, and at best twice the damage on bigger packs. 400dps vs 800dps.
You talking AoE or bosses?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My warrior tank is 46 and has been top dps in most of the dungeons I've run. I'm just using the boa hammer and haste trinkets.

This has been fairly common for quite a long time.

Ditto.

You can't compare tanks that are running full heirloom and have good enchants vs... a Lock wearing what you're wearing. Warrior I'm working on now has just hit 40 before I logged last night and is getting fairly regular 1k shield slam crits already.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Run with (and/or do) better DPS?
Reply Quote
36 Human Warlock
I am talking AoE. Arcane Blast and Swipe is a joke compared to HotR and AS.

Read my posts I am comparing Prot Pali in BoAs and Blues doing 3 things, HotR AS Concecration vs an arcane mage using Arcane Blast, and a Feral Druid using Swipe, everyone with full BoA and Blues. Mob Packs of 5+ which is not that great a number of mobs at this level.

Its not a gear issue and its not a skill issue.

Me and my friend have been tanking on Feral Druid and we stopped always topping DPS after about level 32 as bear.
Edited by Lazio on 12/3/2010 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Its low level. Changes should not be made based on where people are for a short amount of time.. Get to 80 and it's diffrent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]