Paladins Hammer of wrath VS warriors Execute

85 Undead Warrior
Okay so i dueled atleast 3 paladins today, While i was dueling all they had to do is just hammer of justice..pop wings and get a 15k hammer of wrath on me hit me twice and hit me with hammer of wrath again for another 20k. Warrior execute hits for about 7-8k maybe i mean i even took execute off my bar because i find it useless in a duel.

Tell me your thoughts on Hammer of wrath
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
battle shout > spell reflect > charge> defensive stance > disarm > profit?
Edited by Zaknafeind on 12/2/2010 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Nerf it. Nerf it and buff execute.

On a more serious note, I think it's complete bull that they get to use hammer of wrath as long as wings are up. What happened to finishers? It's far too much damage, far too spammable. I'm also not a fan of them being able to bubble, loh, and wings again. Forbeance was good. It made paladins think of what they wanted to do. It should be put back.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Lol just dueled another pally and guess what..he bubbles as soon as the duel starts !#*#ing *!!%!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Hammer of wrath is a spell BTW and guess what they can get weapon cains and just Hammer of justice me and get their weapon back and i'm dead
Doesn't matter what i do it's all the same *!@#. Aslo they can bubble at the beginning of a fight..so i try to shattering throw them and guess what hammer of justice. Haha There is basically nothing i can do against a paladin ATM
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warrior
It's !%!@*s like that that make life hard for !%!@*s like me. Because when people see me, they think I'm that !%!@*.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Good thing this game isn't balanced around 1v1 and duels...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
No it isnt but still i think it's bull *@%# that a paladin can hammer of wrath for 30k in 2 seconds while i *@%#ty little execute does 7k and ours is a 20% or less health finishing move GG blizzard
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
So if you see them pop Avenging Wrath, do what you can to mitigate damage. You have disarm, fear, throwdown, the option to burn Shield Wall while Avenging Wrath is up or duel somewhere you can LoS.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Lol Okay i tried spell reflecting hammer of wrath before ..it never works... it's considered a spell but you cant reflect it
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
You really shouldn't worry about 1v1. Warriors don't do too well in 1v1 against most classes, but with a pocket healer you will do more than that ret paladin. Trust me on this I played one for a long time. They can't snare they can't interrupt they don't have a ms, can't disarmed, and are not very mobile. In a bg like wsg or even in strands of ancients all I do is just snare them to peel them off a vehicle or the flag carrier on either my team or theirs. I can also chain stun them with my charge or intercept. A ret paladin in the same position will not be able to peel off players they can only maybe heal, cleanse, or provide hand of salvation of which a holy paladin does better in every way. Thus, I fully believe the best pvp spec for a paladin all round is the holly spec.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
MeS
they can't interrupt

Actually they can now. It's an icon that looks just like pummel and it's called rebuke.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Well WTF am I going to do ..go into randoms with a pocket healer every BG no..blizzard needs to fix the 1v1 situations with warriors because it's hard to kill anyone w/o heals it sux
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
You really shouldn't worry about 1v1. Warriors don't do too well in 1v1 against most classes, but with a pocket healer you will do more than that ret paladin. Trust me on this I played one for a long time. They can't snare they can't interrupt they don't have a ms, can't disarmed, and are not very mobile. In a bg like wsg or even in strands of ancients all I do is just snare them to peel them off a vehicle or the flag carrier on either my team or theirs. I can also chain stun them with my charge or intercept. A ret paladin in the same position will not be able to peel off players they can only maybe heal, cleanse, or provide hand of salvation of which a holy paladin does better in every way. Thus, I fully believe the best pvp spec for a paladin all round is the holly spec.

They can interrupt and MS doesn't really matter anymore.

The "warriors aren't balanced around 1v1" and "warriors do too well with a healer" arguments were made when WoW was a much different game. Now health pools are a lot closer together and more classes have gotten very good defense mechanisms.

Additionally one of the things that made Warriors shine with a pocket healer in group combat situations was Rage generation, which has obviously been changed to not be so powerful and spiky.

The Warrior community should no longer accept these excuses as reasons for not getting neat toys and for not doing better without healers as the game has changed significantly.

Not that I am saying we need anything now, the game is all out of whack and it is senseless to get bent out of shape about it till 85.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
provide hand of salvation.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
4 days

But who's counting.

P.S. It just became my birthday. You should buy me something neat.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Everyone says we're doing great at 85, have you read the Damage Dealing forums? People are crying about our damage being too high:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1126998677#1

Balance at 80 is a joke right now, has been ever since the talent changes. No worries man, we'll be fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]