Healing is more boring than ever...

30 Undead Rogue
Since no one cared in General Discussion maybe you guys have input...

I am a healer and leveling an alt at the moment. Recent nerfs to healing and buffs to dungeons make things a pain...not fun. I didn't find healing boring before.. it was fun taking on multiple mobs..complete chaos.

Mana is an issue now..no it isn't. Now it is just spam a slower move over and over and over and over again. When I zone into an instance I click the tank and hit Holy Light 400x and then after a 45mins-an hour we finish the dungeon.

The "mana is an issue" thing screwed over any of this DPS while healing stuff they wanted. If I don't keep casting my slow heal over and over the tank's health will drop incredibly low and I will have to waste half of my mana using flash heal to get him back up. So much for DPSing.

Taking forever on incredibly small mobs is also annoying. Oh my...CC them and beat on them one at a time while I spam 'Holy Light'...so much more interesting than it was before. The boss fights as a whole aren't particularly challenging..just tedious. It takes 2ish minutes to kill one and the whole time it is Holy Light over and over. There are a few dungeons (Deadmines, Shadowfang) that are alright, but the rest of them didn't convert to this new system well.

Now instead of non stop action from multiple mobs at the same time it is one trash pull at a time making things move at a complete snails pace. I have done the low dungeons many times before and I don't want to spend an eternity there.

TL;DR Nerf trash mobs so I can do something other than Holy Light 400x while the DPS and tank beat on them for long periods of time. At the very least nerf the damage trash does so I can attack too like we are 'supposed to do'. I don't care if bosses take forever to kill.
Edited by Deverick on 12/2/2010 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Mana is an issue now..no it isn't. Now it is just spam a slower move over and over and over and over again. When I zone into an instance I click the tank and hit Holy Light 400x and then after a 45mins-an hour we finish the dungeon.

The "mana is an issue" thing screwed over any of this DPS while healing stuff they wanted. If I don't keep casting my slow heal over and over the tank's health will drop incredibly low and I will have to waste half of my mana using flash heal to get him back up. So much for DPSing.

Omg finally some one that understands! I simply changed from spamming flash of light, in to spamming holy light and a little WoG, since if I do anyother heal, I go dry quite fast.

or

If I want to help on cc or dps Tank would just die in a few seconds, since the now "go to heal" have slow cast time and heals for so little.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Deleted for dumbassery. My dumbassery. >_<
Edited by Untippabull on 12/2/2010 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Unfortunately, if you have played a healer before, relevelling a healer can be met with a loss of that excitement you got the first time you healed. After I levelled my priest I started a resto druid and the hours of fun I got out of every dungeon from 1-80 was lost when the novelty of a new healing class wore off. This is normal.

Healing is not designed to be exciting or dynamic pre level cap. That's why you have only 1 ability. Try raiding using just holy light, it isn't going to work well for you. Just perservere until 85 then start having fun with friends in a raid environment with all your spells
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
Suffering for 85 levels before things get interesting? Are you kidding me?

Your right it isn't as exciting because there is no chaos involved anymore. Take on two-three trash units for 45 seconds then move on to the next trash mob. Spend 3ish minutes downing a boss. Repeat until dungeon is finished.

However, healing WAS fun pre cap before this rubbish they changed. If it wasn't fun then at least it was FAR more interesting.

At least with multiple mobs there was something to do since everyone took damage. I was able to do MORE dps before this change compared to now.. how ironic.

Now it is like driving with a really nervous old person at the wheel. Slow and steady for hours at a time... like watching paint dry.

God help you if the tank isn't geared well or the DPS isn't doing very well. You will be using holy light or heal till you want to scream.

On the plus side I get instant healer queues. Something is wrong here...
Edited by Deverick on 12/2/2010 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sounds like the content is too easy if you can spam that same high HPM spell for the entire dungeon.

Oh well, sounds just like how I leveled my healing toons back in TBC again. You just land the spell instead of cast-cancelling your rank 3 GH. I'm sure when the content gets harder where it require you to use more than just that high HPM spell, it would be more fun. Especially when somebody screw up a pull and the tank ran out of trick to keep all aggro, that's when you see the difference between a really good healer and an average one.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
Are you talking about level 80 or leveling from 1-80? Because if you're crying about leveling... lol.

At least with multiple mobs there was something to do since everyone took damage. I was able to do MORE dps before this change compared to now.. how ironic.

What? You're complaining that you don't get to dps anymore because you actually have to heal?

Your post was probably snubbed on the General Forums because it was as stupid there as it is here. You have to realize it's hard to balance perfectly 1-80, but the game actually starts at max level, 80 now, 85 next week.

If you're leveling and you're complaining that you never get to stop healing and use dps then hey, HEALING ISN'T FOR YOU. Do you want to heal or dps? You can't do both, if you can, then the dungeon is undertuned and should've been buffed anyway.

Isn't one of the goals of this new system supposed to be making the healers DPS? I thought thats what the intent was. Hell there are even talents in healing trees that give benefits to your healing if you dps.

I have leveled 3 healers so far and every one of them was a blast. Yes, healing should be difficult towards the cap levels. However doing dungeons shouldn't be this tedious at lower levels. Experience the lower level content, sure. But it is clear they want you to get to cap as fast as possible. Why should it be this tedious to level?

They wanted to make healing more exciting but they did the opposite. They didn't want healers to use a spell and stand there waiting for someone to take damage. Now it is spam your slowest spell while DPS gets to pew pew. I'd rather just stand there and MAYBE dps if I want.

At the moment (level 28) I am chaining Holy Light over...and over...and over....and over....and over....and over....and over....and over....and over...and over... Should you attempt to dps or heal someone other than the tank you will have to use a flash heal (which owns your mana) to get the tank back up to range to start spamming Holy Light again...and again...and again.

Sounds like the content is too easy if you can spam that same high HPM spell for the entire dungeon.

Oh well, sounds just like how I leveled my healing toons back in TBC again. You just land the spell instead of cast-cancelling your rank 3 GH. I'm sure when the content gets harder where it require you to use more than just that high HPM spell, it would be more fun. Especially when somebody screw up a pull and the tank ran out of trick to keep all aggro, that's when you see the difference between a really good healer and an average one.

What else are you supposed to do at low levels? Your tools are limited to very few. In the paladins case you have Holy Light at 2.5 second cast, Flash Heal that destroys mana, Holy Shock that has a 6 second cooldown, and Word of Glory that hardly heals. Holy Light chain is pretty much the ONLY thing you can do or else your going to burn your mana trying to get the tank back up to a range high enough to get off a 2.5 second cast.

I've seen what happens when things go wrong. I have to use flash heals just like before. Holy Light has too long of a cast time and doesn't heal enough. The mobs burst too much damage to make Holy Light useful in any situation other than the status quo. At the moment the deciding factor to how good of a healer you are when things go wrong is how much intellect your gear has so you can spam flash heal (at lower levels).
Edited by Deverick on 12/2/2010 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You can't compare healing at level 28 to healing at level 80 or 85. It's supposed to feel like you grow into your class. Start small and grow. At level 28 you are going to be stuck with very few options to chose from, sorry.

The point of having DPS talents in a healing tree is to provide you with options. It allows you to quest while being holy, do some damage in arena/battleground, or make your WC run go faster. Turn that 45 minutes to an hour long run into a 30-45 minutes run. It gives you options rather than just standing around waiting for your DPS to finish.

At least now you can level as holy. I know to level as holy back in BC you might as well play through your spell book because it takes that long to kill something.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
Talents such as Tower of Radiance and Beacon will make this better over time, more Holy Power interaction will be introduced with these talents and you'll have more choices. For now, suck it up, it's a lowbie dungeon, stop crying. Press your Heal button and that's it.

They need to buff experience more then. At the moment trash mobs take a long time to kill and don't give that much experience.

The Holy Light spam has been happening for the past 13 levels. You can't tell me that sounds like fun? I know healing is what healers do. Fine. But I want to be able to use different tools without being penalized for breaking from the Holy Light spam. As I said if I event attempt to heal someone else or use Holy Shock/word of glory the tank's health will drop too low to get a Holy Light off before he dies.

Following the tank around and clicking Holy Light until the mobs are dead is the most uninteresting things ever. It takes double..maybe even triple the time it used to to do ONE dungeon. That makes leveling REALLY slow and tedious.

No I don't have BoA on the server this guy is on so the exp bonus is out the window there.
Edited by Deverick on 12/2/2010 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
I've already said everything I can say.

For now, suck it up, it's a lowbie dungeon, stop crying. Press your Heal button and that's it.

So...your pretty much agreeing that this new system is lame before cap. Right?

Why can't I voice my opinion anyway? How do things get changed? You think devs can read minds?

I guess I can get used to being the new god of dungeons. Instant healer queues mean I get to do what I want or they will be waiting 10 minutes for a new one.
Edited by Deverick on 12/2/2010 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Actually, pally healing is far more interesting than the others at low levels now (haven't tried shaman yet, though they look promising). Get in there and use crusader strike to help build holy power and you'll be able to get away with holy shock + wog for the most part, not to mention the mana regains you'll get once you get seal of insight.

priest and druid, on the other hand... completely f'ed over imo. I've leveled 7 healers to 80 (2 priests, 2 druids, 2 palies, and a shammy) and healing low level dungeons was fun on all of them... now... I put my new priest away (just horrible), and switched my new druid to boomkin.

I started getting the healing itch again and started a new shaman, for which I have high hopes... kind of ironic since I found them the most boring healing class in the past
Edited by Fulcrum on 12/2/2010 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
its not broken,it works just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You still have to cast the boring slow heal a lot in level 85 dungeons, yeah sure you sometimes get to switch and use a few of the more fun, expensive heals, but it's a lot of the slow heal spam, the logs don't really lie. Looks like raids are a bit better with less of the small, slow heals because they aren't as practical for raid healing. But it looks like you will still need to use the boring, slow heal a lot at 85... you just sometimes get to use other spells too.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Holy light spam? WG and holy shock are what I use and FoL when in in a pinch. I only use holy light when I get that proc that makes me cast faster. Doing this I find I never have to stop and drink.
Edited by Noobaki on 12/2/2010 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock

Isn't one of the goals of this new system supposed to be making the healers DPS? I thought thats what the intent was. Hell there are even talents in healing trees that give benefits to your healing if you dps.

Really? Where did you read that? I though the designers were unhappy with the vast mana pool and was going to make healing interesting by making them watch their mana usage more closely. From the small number of heroics beta I have seen, healer's mana will be an issue.

The DPS spells there I think was merely to make leveling a healer easier by giving them some DPS in the healing tree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]