Healing is more boring than ever...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Talents such as Tower of Radiance and Beacon will make this better over time, more Holy Power interaction will be introduced with these talents and you'll have more choices. For now, suck it up, it's a lowbie dungeon, stop crying. Press your Heal button and that's it.

They need to buff experience more then. At the moment trash mobs take a long time to kill and don't give that much experience.

If things are dieing too slowly for u dual spec is available at lvl 30 for ONLY 10 gold
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Shaman

If things are dieing too slowly for u dual spec is available at lvl 30 for ONLY 10 gold

Yeah but then that beats the point of playing a healer.

I agree that since DPS has a lot of buttons to play early on, and that makes things interesting for them. Healers should have a lot more options too. I am sure it will not happen but i wish that healers had something else to do while leveling. Maybe it would be cool to add a interesting new spells for all classes to have while leveling. I like the Disc model of healing through dps (atonement). It would be great if all classes had something like that. It would give us something else to do, other than spam our efficient heal.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Healing is not designed to be exciting or dynamic pre level cap.

However I strongly suspect that at level 85 healing will also mostly involve non-stop spamming of Heal, or Holy Light, or Healing Wave, or Healing Touch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So...your pretty much agreeing that this new system is lame before cap. Right?

New healing model being used with wrath content is the issue. Try things out in Cata and then see how you feel. Personally, it just seems like you don't enjoy healing overall.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
its not broken,it works just fine.

Low level healing is not fine. I'm in full heirlooms and VERY experienced with my Disc priest, and I'm finding the final boss in SFK very, very difficult as a level 18 Disc priest.

Perhaps it might be easier as/with a higher level, and I've only done SFK, but it was overtuned as hell.
Edited by Venaliter on 12/3/2010 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
6 Undead Mage
I agree so far for low level dungeons with the op maybe it changes as you go. I think it has to do with dps too though. Before it was pretty much me and the tank plowing through everything while the 3 dps sat afk at the start.

I know mana is supposed to matter and they want to make healers harder/work more but whats really happend is its down to one mana efficiant spell and thats it.

I hope it changes cause its cast one spell over and over again its really easy and mind numbing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Low level healing is not fine. I'm in full heirlooms and VERY experienced with my Disc priest, and I'm finding the final boss in SFK very, very difficult as a level 18 Disc priest.

Probably tank and dps are making no effort to get out of Lord Godfrey's pistol pew pew attack. I've read up on the fight, and it seems this attack does a lot of damage, but is easily avoidable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably tank and dps are making no effort to get out of Lord Godfrey's pistol pew pew attack. I've read up on the fight, and it seems this attack does a lot of damage, but is easily avoidable.

Pretty much. Pistol Barrage HURTS (I'm speaking from experience). It's a frontal cone attack, it can and should be avoided.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Pretty much. Pistol Barrage HURTS (I'm speaking from experience). It's a frontal cone attack, it can and should be avoided.

Indeed, this was the case. I didn't care of the tank avoided it, but the DPS could, should, or else they get kicked.

Still, it's a pretty large burst of damage, even on the tank.
Reply Quote
75 Human Priest

They need to buff experience more then. At the moment trash mobs take a long time to kill and don't give that much experience.

Following the tank around and clicking Holy Light until the mobs are dead is the most uninteresting things ever. It takes double..maybe even triple the time it used to to do ONE dungeon. That makes leveling REALLY slow and tedious.

Your comments above seem to indicate you want to be able to level faster.
They have already made the game super easy and way faster than it was in BC to level.
If you want them to make it even more so, you might find yourself in the minority on that opinion, unless you discuss it with the really casual people.
Perhaps they could put an option in where a person logs in once a day and presses a "Increase one level" button with a 24 hours cool down.

The pressing one button at low levels is a result of wanting dungeons and leveling to be easy for new players.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
I'm not a super-experienced healer, but this 63 Resto Shaman seems pretty engaging. I use Healing Wave a lot, but the way the class is designed I couldn't get by with using it exclusively.

My bread-and-butter is Earth Shield. It's not a very interactive spell, but it's what I actually rely on to keep the tank stable while I wait on slow casts. Additionally it works well with the Shaman play-style since it buys me a little time to change my totems, or change my positioning if I need to.

Healing Wave alone is a little too slow to rely on, so I often use Chain Heal first, when the tank hasn't really taken much damage. It decreases the cast time of Healing Wave by 30% and increases the crit chance of Healing Surge by the same, so Chain Heal seems to be a good preparation for casting a more clutch spell.

Healing Surge is for when everything goes pear-shaped. I might use it on the tank at the very beginning of a pull (when he gets clobbered before all his defenses are active) or the very end of the pull (when he has debuffs or DOTs stacked up). Mostly Healing Surge is used for keeping DPSers or myself alive though. I can't really afford to stand there and spam long heals on anyone but the tank, so if I need to shift my focus I try to take care of things with one big heal.

I can't use Nature's Swiftness on every pull, but I use it quite often, usually paired with Healing Surge. Since I need to use Chain Heal as part of my rotation to keep my peak healing, I'll occasionally need to drop a big heal instantly afterwards.

I'm counting 4 heals that I use regularly, and have to adapt to the particular situation. On top of those I need to track not only my mana, but the DPSers' so I can throw down my mana tide totem at the right time, I need to drop my tremor totem for certain fights (using long-cast heals while running to put a totem in a particular place is kind of tough), and I need to stay alert to purge enemies and cleanse friends. I'm definitely not just standing there casting Healing Wave.

At lower levels when I had fewer abilities available, I just didn't spend all my time healing. Probably about a third of my spells were shocks or lighting bolts. Most tanks can survive most pulls with Earth Shield alone if they really need to, so there's a little time to use other spells. Even at 60+ I could throw in shocks on nearly every cooldown if I wanted, and I probably could slip a few Lighting Bolts in if I didn't mind letting the tank's health bounce around a little.

It seems like the OP is complaining about Paladins, so maybe it's just Paladins that are dull? A lot of the flexibility I see with my Shaman comes from Earth Shield, which frequently allows me to ignore healing, shift my focus, or use less efficient abilities to set up procs for more efficient ones. Now that I have the Earthliving weapon buff the effect is even more pronounced; since Chain Heal is a part of my regular rotation I end up having HOTs on most of the party most of the time, so if I want to get creative I probably have the time to do so. I could see where a class without any HOTs would be more locked into spamming heals, since there would be no way to stabilize the tank if you wanted to stop the spam.

At any rate I'm definitely not just standing there spamming one heal, and I never have with this character.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I didn't read the OP but I choose holy priest because of the fact healing IS boring if you are any other class, let's just say priests aren't a layman's class
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Priest
I sort of prefer my healing a bit boring in the lowbie dungeons. It gives me a chance to do things like mana conservation, reduce overhealing, etc.

However, it seems that in my battlegroup, a lot of DPS don't understand that the tank should be taking the brunt of the damage. I'm not specced for group healing, yet I find myself having to do so and in turn, it burns out my mana pool faster.

Come Cataclysm, it'll be a lot more exciting. Healers will be always searching for ways to keep their group alive while playing smarter.
Reply Quote

Indeed, this was the case. I didn't care of the tank avoided it, but the DPS could, should, or else they get kicked.

Still, it's a pretty large burst of damage, even on the tank.

Normally front cone attacks are tank's responsibility to turn the boss around away from the group. The tank may or may not avoid the attack itself, but it'll prevent the attack from f'king the group over. Or is the Pistol Barrage different from the usual frontal cone attacks?
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
what it boils down to, from what ive seen the OP say here is you dont know how to play yer toon and yer grouped with a bunch of people that dont know how either.

What the hell is that about? Have you healed a low dungeon without heirlooms in the 4.0.3a? They changed a lot. I know how to play btw. No one has died yet when I am healing. That's because I spam Holy Light for an eternity. Should I break from the spam and try a different spell (holy shock/word of glory) the tank will need a flash heal and eat my mana to get into Holy Light cast time range again.

I am playing the way the devs WANT us to play. I'm doing it their way and it is incredibly boring. Healing before patch was fun as hell. Huge mobs and complete chaos. One small mob at a time using efficient heals is really dull.

Earth Shield is pure awesome. Priests have a Bubble so they can get the tank to full with a slow heal. Druids have a HoT/swiftmend.

FYI, to whoever said healing wasn't instant. I am at level 28 right now and every time I queue to heal the max amount of time I have had to wait is maybe 10 seconds. Most of the time it is instant.
Edited by Deverick on 12/3/2010 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
What happend is that healing was made 'easy' to tune. We have a certain amount of mana and very precise output.

They changed healing to be more triage based, but they lost the hero aspect to it at the same time. You won't be saving groups from certain doom any longer. That was the fun part for me. Now if I choose to divert from the prescribed tuned healing path, I will be punished.
Reply Quote
53 Tauren Druid
Prior to the recent big patch (i think 4.0.3a) I was able to heal my group while maintaining a decent amount of mana through out the dungeon, keep thorns up on the tank and toss in a nuke here and there. Although any dps I did was minuscule compared to the dps classes, it allowed me to keep busy and feel like I was contributing to the group a little more. I also had to time my invigorates properly to help maintain my mana.

Since the patch has dropped I can only maintain mana if we pull only 1 group at a time and no one else takes any damage. I am no longer able to keep thorns up, I now cast it at most 2 or 3 times the entire dungeon run. If we get an extra mob or if the tank gets feared and others start taking damage my mana will be at zero by the end of the pull. I can no longer cast any other spell and spend my time staring at the timer for my hots.

I was having fun a few weeks ago and with the recent patch this has changed.

Edit: Also, in my battle group, up to and including my current level, my queue times are normally about 6.5 minutes.
Edited by Kaiana on 12/3/2010 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well I don't think its the changes that did it.

The instances are just so god awful boring and easy.

I've just been hoping things will get more challenging in outlands and up. But I guess we'll see.

I can understand it being easy for the lower level dungeons, but once you hit the 40's the instances really need to start getting harder cmon now. It's better than giving new players an easy ride then slap them in the face with actual challenging content.

I can easily just /follow the tank and spam Heal and stay 100% mana. In fact, I started with Discipline first and just DPS'ing, which became even more easy once I got Atonement. So as disc I can just sit there spamming Smite/Holy Fire/Penance on mobs and actually getting #1 in DPS while still healing everyone lol.

However it's been getting really boring doing that as well, so I've basically just grouped with a DPS who will fill the tank role, so that its 1 Healer and 4 DPS in a group and just try to speed run. I tell them to pull w/e they want whenever they want and I can heal through it just fine. Even then its still too easy.

Just crank the difficulty up a bit Blizz. =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]