Feral druid dots doing more dmg than aff?

1 Orc Shaman
Not sure about the state of feral druids but it seems their dots are alot more potent than an affliciton locks or spriest.

Is this intended?
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Didnt you get the memo? Affliction isnt a DoT spec anymore. Its a direct damage nuke spec that happens to have multiple debuffs to keep up.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
It is intended. If you research class mechanics, you'll figure out why.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Troll sense tingling
Edited by Janeck on 12/2/2010 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over your shred and mangles while the DoTs ticked away on me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Not sure about the state of feral druids but it seems their dots are alot more potent than an affliciton locks or spriest.

Is this intended?

it has been intended since mangle was introduced in BC.

rip has always been more powerful than aff dots.
Edited by Middboss on 12/2/2010 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Yes.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over your shred and mangles while the DoTs ticked away on me.

What? All i hear is " I can't do that yet" while my energy bar is empty. Or because i'm not in range.

Error messages are so annoying. ;(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Error messages are so annoying. ;(

At least you're not a gnome. Oh god...
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Feral Bleeds have ALWAYS ticked for more than Affliction ;p
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
So when will ferals have to spend 15 seconds putting up shadow embrace x3, haunt, UA, shadow bolt just to have their dots start ticking?

And at 85 you can turn that into 21 seconds because we also need to add dark intent and the soul fire debuff (every 15 seconds no less) to that list.

Oh... wait... ferals have none of that... instead, they get stealth, berserk, bash, pounce - such balance!

Yeah... affliction is really a "dot" spec these days. What a joke. "Masters of drains and dots" as the talent screen says.... I think not.

Affliction is totally borked at the moment due to poor developer choices I give you that... but this has NOTHING to do with ferals...
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage

So when will ferals have to spend 15 seconds putting up shadow embrace x3, haunt, UA, shadow bolt just to have their dots start ticking?

The same day we put our DoTs on more than 2 players at once.

Have you seen the pitiful damage affliction dots do without that full row of debuffs I listed? They tick for less than 1000/tick. They are worthless. Heck, we practically have no dots left since all they've done the past years is remove our dots and add more hard cast spells.

Again this is not because of Ferals... please go after the REAL source of the problems... poor dev choices.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid

And at 85 you can turn that into 21 seconds because we also need to add dark intent and the soul fire debuff (every 15 seconds no less) to that list.

Oh... wait... ferals have none of that... instead, they get stealth, berserk, bash, pounce - such balance!

Yeah... affliction is really a "dot" spec these days. What a joke. "Masters of drains and dots" as the talent screen says.... I think not.

sounds like an aff problem, not a feral problem. c/d?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]